• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oyster Bay - what are the units like?

rudyr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just matched in for Dec 24th to the 31st and I'm curious what the units are like? Looking at all the types of rooms that can be booked there via Hotels.com there are a LOT of different layouts. However, no idea what type of rooms are associated with the timeshares. Interval certificate just says 2Br/2Ba/6 privately/6 max.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
This forum covers the entire Caribbean. It's always useful to indicate what island/country you are referencing. It may help you get more relevant responses. There is Oyster Bay Beach Resort in St. Maarten, Excellence Oyster Bay in Jamaica, and even Oyster Bay on Long Island, NY, just as examples. The latter is obviously not in the Caribbean, but shows it is a somewhat common name.

Of those three, I have only personally visited the St. Maarten location, in case that is the one you mean. It's a nice resort on the Dutch side of the island, just south of the French side border and gets generally good reviews. Unfortunately, I haven't actually stayed there, so can't help with unit configurations. Good luck.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you tell the forum the location of this Oyster Bay ?

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Probably St. Maarten

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Where is the OP? This is their topic.

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
If SXM, we like the resort. They have dedicated 2 BRs and lock offs. Both are nice. There are no elevators so if steps are an issue ask for first or second floor. Third floor might be a problem.

rudyr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses. St.Maarten.

When I go to their reservation website from Trip Advisor they seem to have about 6 different types of 2Br units available. That’s where I was curious because some seem significantly larger than others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
Generally, there are two types of units. The older units and the newer units in the Mainsail building. If you are trading in, you will probably not be in the Mainsail building (only building with an elevator). What size unit did you match for?

rudyr

TUG Member
Reaction score
2Br sleeps 6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk