• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oyster Bay on SXM-Secret to obtaining a renovated unit?

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
We exchanged one of our Marriott Aruba weeks for a 1 bdrm Oyster Bay in May 2013. I was just reading a few reviews and noticed that there are some units there that appear to in need of renovation and that the property is in the midst of a multi year reno with some units finished and others not . Anyone have suggestions/secrets/bribery ;) as to the best way of obtaining one of the renovated units. Is there someone we should be emailing with our request(view being less important to us but renovated much more important), and when might be the best time to make a request ?

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rennovations are currently on phase 3 of 4, by the time you stay there renovations will likely be complete.

http://oysterbaybeachresort.com/islandsuntimes.pdf

Thats what I had thought as well based on that material which I had found, but I called them and they indicated that they expected to be completed by 2014. Thats why I'm asking about the info in order to make a request .:)

Luckybee

TUG Member
Reaction score
We loved itthere would stay here in a heartbeat again

We stayed at Coral Beach Club next door for 3 days this past May and loved the area...which is why we chose Oyster Bay...but I didnt realize when we booked that there were so many non renovated units...I had only looked at the photos on their web site which of course show the newer ones:eek:

So does anyone have info as to who to make the requests from and when?

Armada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Old Town Alexandria
La Belle Maison
I'm an owner there. The only timeshare units not renovated are the Ccean Front units (buildings 24-32). The Garden, Marina and Dawn Beach units have all been renovated.

normab

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if all the units have washer/dryer after the redo?

Thanks.

Norma

BILLYMEAD

Reaction score
Washers&dryers

Most units never had, will never have washer/dryers. Previously only units on the marina side had washers/dryers. They have been sold off as full ownership.

Last edited: