• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ownership transfer issues,need advice.

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
Hello I would seriously appreciate some good advice regarding ownership transfer the short story is my partner died last year I notified WorldMark ownership change Department by phone they asked me to send papers death certificate Etc I did so and in February received acknowledgment since that time I have placed many calls and have had no action I have had to pay the dues I have asked for supervisor I cannot get any action I cannot get any answers I really could use some help at this point I was going to take over ownership but now seeing how they do not deal with customer issues I'm very reluctant to do business with these people is there a number is there a department is there a owner's advocacy group that can help me?

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
Were both you and your partner on the contract or was just your partner on the contract?

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
Were both you and your partner on the contract or was just your partner on the contract?
Just my partner who made her original purchase at trendwest she only had 20,000 credits and the minimum of travel share this owner's group has been fabulous I've been learning a lot in the four or five days since I've joined and I see that no matter what if I assume the ownership I will not get travel share which to me only meant free internet but I'm very annoyed at having to pay so many months of dues and getting the runaround or these stalling tactics

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Did your partner leave a Will? I noticed you used the Word Partner not spouse. If no Will and not married you might not have any Rights to the Account but would go to their Legal Heir.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I also think this would become part of her estate.

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
I also think this would become part of her estate.
Thank you both !
she had a trust but she did not put her timeshares in it on advice of counsel she and I used the points often and had enjoyable vacations
I am the trustee or the executor or whatever you want to call it to the trust none of the other beneficiaries are interested in it and I need to close the trust pretty soon if I am going to take it over I need to note it somewhere in the estate

Wyndham is holding me up big time but I see from reading some posts here that the process take quite a while but there's going to be points that will be lost also since her anniversary date was May and this was not used in the year 2023

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham is holding me up big time
If the WorldMark account is not in the trust, you have no status as trustee for the account (and Wyndham will not communicate with you as a non-owner). The WorldMark account will have to go through probate, to be distributed according to the will -- if no will, then more money to attorneys for an "intestate" probate vs. a probate with a will.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You may want to just give it back to Wyndumb and pick up your own contract. You already notified them the owner passed. One option would be stop paying maintenance fees and then buy your own resale contract. A 20,000 credit contract can probably be purchased for less than $2k. Might be cheaper and faster than going through probate.

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
If the WorldMark account is not in the trust, you have no status as trustee for the account (and Wyndham will not communicate with you as a non-owner). The WorldMark account will have to go through probate, to be distributed according to the will -- if no will, then more money to attorneys for an "intestate" probate vs. a probate with a will.
There's not going to be any probate. this is like a car which also does not go into a trust . I am one of the beneficiaries of the trust as well as the executor I need to resolve this to close the trust there was a pour over will that said everything not in the trust goes into the trust. it's my understanding that I did everything properly by informing Wyndham of the death of the owner and that information was sent to their transfer department I thought from that point on they would transfer or offer to transfer to any one of the beneficiaries that wanted this

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
You may want to just give it back to Wyndumb and pick up your own contract. You already notified them the owner passed. One option would be stop paying maintenance fees and then buy your own resale contract. A 20,000 credit contract can probably be purchased for less than $2k. Might be cheaper and faster than going through probate.

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
I am of the mind to stop the maintenance charges but then that would make a bigger mess frankly at this point with the lack of communication and the obvious disregard for customer service I don't want anything to do with it! for many years we enjoyed WorldMark The Club sadly I saw what Wyndham has done to WorldMark and it's a crime it's not going to get any better I'm sure and also I have a responsibility to satisfy debts for the estate my reaching out here was to see if there is a phone number for WorldMark itself some kind of an owner's Department to expedite this to clear this up so I can be done with it

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
When it comes to wills pouring over into trusts, I don't really understand how that works, seems like anything left after probate goes into the trust - but I would say ask a estate lawyer to give you specific legal advice.

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This sounds like a big mess. I'm sorry for your loss and the fact that during this time you have to deal with Wyndamn. I copied the Title Dept. Info below. You can ask them if they received a title transfer request for the ownership (you will need your partner's owner number. You can find it on the WM website)

Title services.​

Title services:
800-537-6497
Fax: 407-626-4417
worldmarkownershipchange@wyn.com
Mailing address:
WorldMark by Wyndham
Attn: Title Services
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
More Worldmark contact info:

Vacation Planning Center - Worldmark Resort Reservations and Ownership Account Assistance
800-457-0103
Mon-Fri: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
Sat-Sun: 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.
U.S. Pacific Time

Mailing address and more.​

Mailing address:
WorldMark, The Club
6277 Sea Harbor Drive
Orlando, FL 32821

Maybe send a registered letter with the death certificate and indicate no beneficiaries want the timeshare. Then stop paying the MF.

However, I am not a lawyer and don't pretend to be one. You could contact the lawyer who set up the trust for advice.

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
Thank you for all I totally appreciate your assistance I have already contacted the first departments title change and they acknowledged via email receipt of required papers and that's where it lays about 6 months now absolutely no further action I like your advice I will send a registered letter to the second address that you have provided for me thank you so much that's basically what I needed all the best and enjoy your timeshares

chunchie

TUG Member
Reaction score
There's not going to be any probate. this is like a car which also does not go into a trust . I am one of the beneficiaries of the trust as well as the executor I need to resolve this to close the trust there was a pour over will that said everything not in the trust goes into the trust. it's my understanding that I did everything properly by informing Wyndham of the death of the owner and that information was sent to their transfer department I thought from that point on they would transfer or offer to transfer to any one of the beneficiaries that wanted this

chunchie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same thing is happening with my mom's ownership, and other accounts that didn't make it into the trust or pour over, in the last few years. Every bank, company, etc. has there own policies. I do know, it's under a certain dollar amount so it does Not need to go through probate. You, as trustee will need to sign an affidavit and Worldmarks legal department should allow the transfer.

sophiak

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not yet
Same thing is happening with my mom's ownership, and other accounts that didn't make it into the trust or pour over, in the last few years. Every bank, company, etc. has there own policies. I do know, it's under a certain dollar amount so it does Not need to go through probate. You, as trustee will need to sign an affidavit and Worldmarks legal department should allow the transfer.
I'm sick of it it's now going on 6 months and nothing even though when I call I'm promised to return call by a supervisor I have the bill for July I am going to pay that along with the certified letter to the CEO detailing my disgust after that they can come after me I'm paying for something I cannot sell I cannot use they've got me tied up and I want to settle and end the trust and I cannot