• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owners update today 28 march 2024 $350

dannybaker

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow we went to an owners update today , currently staying at Marriott cypress for two weeks. We were offered $350 at check in Sunday and my usual self said nope. Then I realized later, (senior moment) the girl said $350 for an owners update. We walked back to the desk on Monday and the Conceirge said it was a mistake and they could do $150. We said no thank you and walked out. So Wednesday they called the room and made an offer of $200 and I said we would only go if we got the original offer of $350 andshe made a couple calls and we were set. They even allowed us to pick up the card immediately. We went to the presentation at lakeshore and as promised we were out in less than 75 minutes. Tonya had her watch ready and the timer going, it was painless and we learned nothing and of course bought nothing.

TolmiePeak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waiohai Beach Club
I would be interested in $350 when we were in Orlando. Do they always have the presentations at Lakeshore? we stay at Cypress as well. Did you wear you TUG T-Shirt? I'm just wondering if that would get me out faster?

alexb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Craigendarroch Scotland,Marriott Grande Chateau,pga golf village
i was offered the same $150 at Cypress about 3 weeks ago i said no and they offered $350 while i was still at the desk.
My wife hates the presentations so said no.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
At $350 it would more difficult to turn down, but I bet I could.

hangloose

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista (x2)
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club
Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club
Marriott's Ocean Pointe
We received $325 at Oceana Palms. Had one day of poor weather in the morning, so took the opportunity. We were in and out in far under the 90 mins. Well worth the time.

We could have taken 47,500 Bonvoy Pts also.

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just at Grand Chateau and was offered either $200 cash, $350 in show tickets, or 50,000 Bonvoy.

I took the 50K Bonvoy. Super easy presentation and was out in about an hour. They saw all my resale weeks and basically gave up. Her only attempt was to try and scare me into believing my maintenance fees on the Florida weeks I own could go up as high as $10,000 per week so I better trade them in for points before it’s too late.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I would be interested in $350 when we were in Orlando. Do they always have the presentations at Lakeshore? we stay at Cypress as well. Did you wear you TUG T-Shirt? I'm just wondering if that would get me out faster?
In Orlando, Marriott only has sales centers at Lakeshore Reserve or Grande Vista. They tend to send people from Cypress Harbour to Lakeshore Reserve. I think you can ask about going to Grande Vista instead, but the offer might change. I don't know where they send people from Harbour Lake but I believe they have people staying at the Palms properties go to Grande Vista.

TolmiePeak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waiohai Beach Club
I was just at Grand Chateau and was offered either $200 cash, $350 in show tickets, or 50,000 Bonvoy.

I took the 50K Bonvoy. Super easy presentation and was out in about an hour. They saw all my resale weeks and basically gave up. Her only attempt was to try and scare me into believing my maintenance fees on the Florida weeks I own could go up as high as $10,000 per week so I better trade them in for points before it’s too late.

Of course they maintenance fees will eventually go up to $10k per week. It is only a question of how fast not if.

TolmiePeak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waiohai Beach Club
We received $325 at Oceana Palms. Had one day of poor weather in the morning, so took the opportunity. We were in and out in far under the 90 mins. Well worth the time.

We could have taken 47,500 Bonvoy Pts also.

What are the Bonvoy points worth? Points Guy says $0.86 per point? Do other agree wtih that?

jwalk03

TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the Bonvoy points worth? Points Guy says $0.86 per point? Do other agree wtih that?
Points guy is $0.0086 per point. So a bit more than 8/10ths of one cent. I typically get about a full cent per point. Occasionally a lot more in a particular redemption but you just have to use them wisely and not redeem them when a hotel is only giving half a cent of less per point.

dj_drf

TUG Member
Reaction score
In Orlando, Marriott only has sales centers at Lakeshore Reserve or Grande Vista. They tend to send people from Cypress Harbour to Lakeshore Reserve. I think you can ask about going to Grande Vista instead, but the offer might change. I don't know where they send people from Harbour Lake but I believe they have people staying at the Palms properties go to Grande Vista.
A couple years ago, they sent us to Lakeshore Reserve; last year to Grande Vista.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

We were there a few weeks ago, and were offered similar. $200 VISA card, $300 in vegas.com ticket credit, not sure on hotel points. We were going to do it but couldn't find time.

erm

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at Desert Springs I and were not asked to attend a presentation. Next week we are at Canyon Villas and have had several calls from the concierge. The offer is $200 Marriott card, $150 Visa card and I don’t remember the number of points.

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
At Park City we were offered $300 in a gift card, $350 in experience dollars or 50K Bonvoy points. Ended up taking the Bonvoy points as I figured I'd get more overall value.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
MKO was offered this before "checking in" $200 in resort dollars or 30K Bonvoy points. I passed and she told me it would be less once I checked in (we are already on site. Funny thing is some ressies are in my name and some in wifes name..no ryhme or reason for this.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We are at Desert Springs I and were not asked to attend a presentation. Next week we are at Canyon Villas and have had several calls from the concierge. The offer is $200 Marriott card, $150 Visa card and I don’t remember the number of points.
We own at Canyon Villas and have often done our owner's update there. However, a couple of weeks ago we had the rudest presentation ever at that property. First time I ever walked out of a presentation because I felt it wasn't worth my time or the gift anymore to be harassed by the sales guy. Really a bad experience. With any luck the guy won't last long.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
Signed up for an owner's update at Grand Chateau on Friday. 40K Bonvoy Points or $200 visa card were the options. We opted for the points.

beacon243

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Timber Lodge
Owners update in Shadow Ridge and was offerred $225 Visa GC or 75k Marriott Bonvoy points... I ended up taking the latter

dj_drf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners update this week at Crystal shores - offered 40k bonvoy points or $250 in visa cards. At the concierge desk, they offered a bottle of wine or champagne as an arrival gift without any obligation for an owners update.

mrsgimli

TUG Member
Reaction score
Newport Coast by the end of March. Received $300 in VISA card for an update.

iowaguy09

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Flex
Sheraton Flex
We were just offered by Los Suenos MVC choice of $250 visa card, or $250 resort credit, or 50,000 Bonvoy Points, but had to make an appointment today prior to arrival to qualify for these amounts.