• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Services (?)

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
I'm having a hard time getting OS on the phone.

The queue is endless and no estimates are given for wait time, I've waited an hour three days in a row.

A couple of days ago the recorded message just said Busy, call back later.

I've seen comments on Twitter etc, apparently it's nothing new tho' I've never had any trouble in the past.

Regular Marriott hotel reservation line is OK but they can't help with Encore, Vacation Point res.

Something has changed and it needs to be fixed pronto.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
You might try different time, not sure. Been a lot of reports of that here on TUG. But, my luck is generally opposite of everyone else (whether good or bad). In this case, have contacted them 3 times in the past 7 weeks, got right through each time. Last time was this past week. Presidential line. Though, some have had trouble with that as well. My point is, there is some hope at least.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I'm having a hard time getting OS on the phone.

The queue is endless and no estimates are given for wait time, I've waited an hour three days in a row.

A couple of days ago the recorded message just said Busy, call back later.

I've seen comments on Twitter etc, apparently it's nothing new tho' I've never had any trouble in the past.

Regular Marriott hotel reservation line is OK but they can't help with Encore, Vacation Point res.

Something has changed and it needs to be fixed pronto.

Nightmare to get through, I generally use the online chat as easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pspercy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Ocean Club x2
DC points
Nightmare to get through, I generally use the online chat as easier.

Tried that, got referred to an email Form, zero response to that so far ......................................

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Tried that, got referred to an email Form, zero response to that so far ......................................

So frustrating, I tried like you 5 or 6 times and each time on hold for 20+ minutes. I eventually got a reply to my email but seriously worrying that it’s that hard to get assistance.

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they answer based on your status/tier. I am executive and never wait more than a minute or two.

bazzap

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think they answer based on your status/tier. I am executive and never wait more than a minute or two.
That may depend on which Owner Services centre you are calling.
For Europe, I don’t believe they have dedicated numbers or auto answer based on status / tier.
I would be delighted if anyone could confirm that they do though.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza

I’m executive too!

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I’ve used online chat in the afternoon and was answered in 5min. I avoid mornings like the plague.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
This has been an ongoing problem for months. The fact that some get through right away does not negate the fact that for a majority of us the issue is real and frustrating. Moreover, the time share pimp that now runs MVC has zero interest in fixing the problem. He has no incentive to. He has our money, we pay the fees and it seems as if there is an endless supply of rubes, myself included, that fall for this. Customer service???? Thats for suckers.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
This has been an ongoing problem for months. The fact that some get through right away does not negate the fact that for a majority of us the issue is real and frustrating. Moreover, the time share pimp that now runs MVC has zero interest in fixing the problem. He has no incentive to. He has our money, we pay the fees and it seems as if there is an endless supply of rubes, myself included, that fall for this. Customer service???? Thats for suckers.
I agree. Vistana is worse. I can’t get a call back. No chat offered. And zero email response. Thankfully the online system is more reliable.

caribbeanqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Surf Club
have had the same problem. Called three times within the last month. First time got the call back, busy answer and the next two times waited over a half hour-40 minutes. second time I held on to ask the questions. Really ridiculous but agree, it probably is not going to change.

Big Matt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m executive too!

Is you phone number registered with them? Sometimes people don't give a number...bad move. That's how they know who you are.

If yours is registered, I have no clue. I've never had the same experience you are having.

n777lt

TUG Member
Reaction score
By the way, OP mentioned Encore among other things - and Encore has its own phone number which should be in the materials for your package. Completely different call center and that group can only handle Encore issues.
Otherwise, I have had to wait early morning on prime inventory release dates for a VOA but even on those days in midafternoon haven't had trouble getting through as a Chairman.

mbstn6254

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mariott Vacation Club
It looks like we all have to buy 100s of thousands to get basic customer service? That should be disclosed in the presentations and in the offering documents.