• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Priority Reservations

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Copied below (in bold) is from the Wyndham website on priority reservations. The underlined section is my doing. I take the underlined section to mean that if an owner has a reservation at a resort during a restricted time then additional reservations at the same resort, and for the dame dates, can be made and a guest confirmation can be added to those. Otherwise if an owner reservation exists then you do not need to use one of the two Guest Allowances to add a Guest Confirmation. Do I have this correct? I talked to a VC and she told me this language meant that guests could stay in the same unit as the owner but not have their own unit. I can't believe that is what this is supposed to mean.

Reason I ask is that, as the owner on the account, I have a reservation at a resort during a restricted time, when I go to make another reservation for the same resort and dates I get this message:

"The resort and travel dates you've selected are only available to Club Wyndham owners. You have used the two guest confirmations eligible for Timeshare Owner Priority Reservations. A Guest Confirmation cannot be added as a result. Please adjust your selection and try again."

I have used my two Guest Allowances earlier this year. The add a guest confirmation is not even available to choose on the page where you select to add one.

Also, I made a second reservation for the same resort and dates using another owner name. When I go into modify the reservation and choose to change who is traveling I get the same message as above. Thus I can't add a Guest Confirmation to an existing reservation as well. The VC could not, or would not, add a guest confirmation when I asked her to.

So if the underlined portion below is not for there for the reason I stated in my first paragraph above then why would it be there at all?
Thanks

More Availability. Just For Timeshare Owners.
Your vacations are important to you. They’re your adventure, your escape and your bucket list dreams. Your Club Wyndham resorts are committed to prioritizing timeshare owner reservations by limiting access by non-owners, including guest reservations, during peak travel dates, giving you maximum availability and opportunity to vacation during holidays and other popular travel times.

We know how much you enjoy sharing your love of travel with family and friends. With that in mind, you can travel with your guests to these resorts during the dates listed below and may use two guest confirmations per year during the restricted dates when not travelling with your guests. We will refer to these as Guest Allowances.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
From my understanding, if you want to use more than 2 guest certs a year at those times/locations, an owner must also be checked into a unit when a guest cert is used. However, it is Wyndham, so I wouldn't be surprised if they don't follow the rules they created in the first place.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Oh boy - that's silly (the VC's explanation). We could write a book on things the VC's say to explain system errors or incorrect implementation of policy.

You are correct. You should be able to add a guest confirmation since the reservation overlaps a reservation where an owner will be on property. I would call back and try to find a VC that understands the policy. The programming of this, in itself, is fraught with bugs. Adding GC's, especially during owner priority, is buggy as are other areas around GCs. The VC's can override and correct whatever is going on, as long as they understand the policy. I think their supervisors do (or that has been the case for me). I had a very nice, but improperly educated, VC contact their supervisor for clarification and things were taken care of for me. Call when you have 1/2 hour to an hour of time to burn.

If you have plenty of time and don't want to hold and try and convince the improperly trained VC's - you could try to email Michael Brown instead? That might be the most efficient way for you to resolve this.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Yeah, you have to call in to make this happen. If the VC isn't immediately helpful (they should be) point them at Page 320 of the current directory, which says (among other things):

View attachment 77518

(Complete directory here: https://media.wyndhamvo.com/2023-2024-cw-directory/index.html)
Maybe they should put that in the error message that says you can't add a reservation. Instead of saying you can't add a guest confirmation - they could be a bit more helpful. Not everyone is on TUG. :ROFLMAO:

WhiskeyJack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the very helpful comments. Guess I was expecting the website would have been able to handle this, not certain why I expected that.