• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ovations

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use Ovation the last two months? Very interested if Wyndham is still taking any back ownership with Ovations?

Reaction score
Has anyone tried to use Ovation the last two months? Very interested if Wyndham is still taking any back ownership with Ovations?
I started the process a little over a month ago. They are taking them ( at least they accepted mine). It takes them time to collect all the info they need and I'm awaiting the documents they will send to move the process forward. I had a bunch of questions on this process and many were answered previously on this site.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started the process a little over a month ago. They are taking them ( at least they accepted mine). It takes them time to collect all the info they need and I'm awaiting the documents they will send to move the process forward. I had a bunch of questions on this process and many were answered previously on this site.
Can I ask what resort and if it was a resale or developer bought ownership? Also if it was developer did you recieve 3 years of free usem

Reaction score
Can I ask what resort and if it was a resale or developer bought ownership? Also if it was developer did you recieve 3 years of free usem
I had 5 contracts...mostly developer but a couple resale. I was NOT given the 3 year deal apparently because my account was "flagged". When I asked why the best I could get out of anybody was I had too many rentals...whatever that means.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had 5 contracts...mostly developer but a couple resale. I was NOT given the 3 year deal apparently because my account was "flagged". When I asked why the best I could get out of anybody was I had too many rentals...whatever that means.
Sounds like they are eliminating the 3 years free use on developer bought deeds or they may have been very high maintenance fee deeds? You mind letting us know what resorts the deeds were at?

Reaction score
Sounds like they are eliminating the 3 years free use on developer bought deeds or they may have been very high maintenance fee deeds? You mind letting us know what resorts the deeds were at?
I had Branson. Star Island, Pagosa La Cascada and a 3 million CWA. I was given the impression that the rentals triggered the flag but no reasonable explanation why that was an issue.

Reaction score
It may also be because there was a combination of developer and resale turned in at the same time.
If that was an issue, nobody ( three different ovation people and an owner care person never mentioned it). The frustrating part was trying to see who actually flagged the account.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
If that was an issue, nobody ( three different ovation people and an owner care person never mentioned it). The frustrating part was trying to see who actually flagged the account.
Unfortunately Wyndham can change club rules at anytime when the feel its necessary. They sould of given the three years free use on developer bought deeds IMHO.

Reaction score
Unfortunately Wyndham can change club rules at anytime when the feel its necessary. They sould of given the three years free use on developer bought deeds IMHO.
It's interesting because on my first call to Ovations when I was just curious about the program, the lady said without hesitation that all my contracts would be eligible for Ovation and I could do selective ones if I desired. It seems only when I got serious that the 3 year free use was not available to me.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
That's why I only picked up low MF deeds. The most expensive HOA fee I have is $5.38, which is almost a dollar cheaper than CWA. As long as I'm willing to offer the deed for free, someone will take it. I actually have 2 I don't want anymore: Smoky Mountains Gov Crossing II ($5.38) and Royal Garden ($5.21), but I also don't care to pay closing/transfer fees so I just keep them because they are small.

1589998649438.png

fer829

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points (Limited Edition expires 2023)
Here is a copy of my post in the Wyndham Ovations sticky:

We had two 105K UDI point contracts that were bought retail over 20 years ago in the Fairfield days that we decided to turn in. Limited Edition gives us 3 more years of 210K points with no more maintenance fees.

* February 6, 2020 Requested Limited Edition by phone.
* February 22 Introductory letter received, (postmarked February 19 from Springfield MO, not sure if this was because Branson is where I bought my first points.)
* March 3 Received “Acknowledgment/Enrollment/Deeds” paperwork and I returned the signed & notarized copies by their provided UPS envelope the same day (postmark showed Orlando origin, dated February 27 when they sent it.)
* March 5 Tracking showed that Wyndham received forms back in Orlando at 11:40.
* March 30 Enrollment letter confirmation received (dated March 17), saw that my old login was invalid, (called reservations to get new member number since the letter only had a contract number and I was able to set up a new login account with that member number.) March was the last month we paid maintenance fees.
* April 6 Member cards with new Club Wyndham Plus account number was received.
Note: the use year begins with the next quarter, July 1, 2020.

Thus, the whole process took exactly 2 months.