• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

comicbookman

TUG Member
Reaction score
$10.25 It was a small contract, 69,000 points (I don't remember where) That I had purchased to add my kids to the account without doing the math.

9969hi

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's well documented that they will not take back stripped contracts (at least, not anymore.) So, you will have to wait until then to give those two back, and pay the MFs on them in the meantime.

I owned 21500 Shell Hawaii and traded them to Diamond when I purchased some points from Diamond. Diamond gave me $5000 as a trade in value. They where supposed to handle the transfer from Shell. After a year of dealing with Diamond transfer dept and their lawyer, they suggested that I try to use Ovation. About a third of the points where points I purchased from Shell, another third where points I purchased on the resale market and the other points where trade ins I purchased on the resale market from the Lawaii Beach Club and Kona Coast.
So I approached Ovation and they said they would take the points but I would not receive anything. I thought I had 7 contracts but I actually had 11 contracts. I did pay one fourth of 2018 maintenance fees since the take back would take 8 weeks. I recently received 11 letters Wyndham Ovation saying all contracts where cancelled and the transfer was complete.. I didn't have time to use the Hawaiian weeks but did use Shell quite a bit in California and was able to rent out Villa Bello weekends with a lot of work.

I am relieved not to have the $6000 maintenance fee and sleep better .

Reaction score
Has anybody who has used Ovation been able to make reservations on line as you did before turning over to Ovation ( assuming you received the 3 year usage option) or were you told you have to call a number to make your reservations?
Mike

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
I owned 21500 Shell Hawaii....
So I approached Ovation and they said they would take the points but I would not receive anything. I thought I had 7 contracts but I actually had 11 contracts. I did pay one fourth of 2018 maintenance fees since the take back would take 8 weeks. I recently received 11 letters Wyndham Ovation saying all contracts where cancelled and the transfer was complete..

I am relieved not to have the $6000 maintenance fee and sleep better .

I have Shell West purchases from multiple sources. Online it looks like they are all dumped into one account (keeping developer count separate). It sounds like my ownership is still made up of all the individual purchases??

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
Linda,

Not sure why you are so fired up. Many on Tug have requested that Wyndham and the other big players institute some type of take back program for deeds that are no longer wanted. Most have proposed taking the deed back without Wyndham paying anything. Since the resale price on most Wyndham deeds is pretty much $0, I would think anything that costs the current owner no more than the closing cost would be a deal. It would also be good for the remaining owners, since Wyndham would then be on the hook for MF. Even if it costs 1 years maintenance, it would not be a terrible deal for most folks. Yes it would be an incredible deal for Wyndham, but I see it as a win all the way around. The big variables will be whether you have to surrender all of your deeds and if resale deeds can be surrendered as well.

I think they instituted that as many states have non judicial anti deficiency laws. This means they can only foreclose on non paying owners and pay for the legal costs to get the property back. If they can get a non paying owner to deed back and pay some fees, they are much better off.

And yes, I think the exit schemes helped them to go this route as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Has anybody who has used Ovation been able to make reservations on line as you did before turning over to Ovation ( assuming you received the 3 year usage option) or were you told you have to call a number to make your reservations?
Mike
As a Limited Edition member, I am able to make online reservations as before. I don't have a home resort and I can start making a reservation at the 10 month mark.

Reaction score
Thanks Skipper. Have you encountered any restrictions such as a limited number of resorts or any other anomalies to normal booking procedures?
Mike

Reaction score
Thanks Skipper. Have you encountered any restrictions such as a limited number of resorts or any other anomalies to normal booking procedures?
Mike
You can book at any regular Wyndham resort. You cannot book any RCI, Asssociate, or Club Pass resorts.

I have added a list that I made a last year. There might be just a few more resorts added to it since then.

Attachments

• Resort List.pdf
    177.8 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

WyndhamBarter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't forget my favorite new WYND resort, Wyndham Austin!

And hopefully you will also have access to the new Portland, OR location when it comes online next year.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
How does it work if the points are gone? I had a July use year with 400k points but they realigned it to January so I lost those points. I want yo give back my 400k CWA.

Reaction score
Before you give your deed by to Wyndham, these things have to happen. You cannot owe Wyndham any money on the deed, your maintenance fees have to be paid in full, and they are willing to take the deed back. Once they take it back, all existing upcoming reservations are canceled, including RCI and Club Pass. They might have a different start point for your use year, depending on when all of the process is finalized. Be sure to ask for the Limited Edition program so they can consider giving you the 3 years use of points. If you qualify for Limited Edition, your current VIP status will granted to you and you will have 3 years use of the points that you gave back. The points cannot be carried over from year to year.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before you give your deed by to Wyndham, these things have to happen. You cannot owe Wyndham any money on the deed, your maintenance fees have to be paid in full, and they are willing to take the deed back. Once they take it back, all existing upcoming reservations are canceled, including RCI and Club Pass. They might have a different start point for your use year, depending on when all of the process is finalized. Be sure to ask for the Limited Edition program so they can consider giving you the 3 years use of points. If you qualify for Limited Edition, your current VIP status will granted to you and you will have 3 years use of the points that you gave back. The points cannot be carried over from year to year.

The thing is that my points WERE there in full before they realigned the contract. I don't want anything canceled but since they realigned me and took back the points, I don't want the contract any longer.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
So I called in and spoke to Ovations. They said that when they take it back, they take back a full point allotment from the next use year. So since I don't have that many 2019 points (not in reservations) I would have to wait until the first of the year, when they would grab from 2020.

I still don't know that it is particularly feasible to get rid of it. Big contract with higher MF, BUT without it my MF average is $4.86, and with it $5.05. I totally use my discounts and upgrades.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation

All reservations are not canceled. If you have other contracts, and have enough points to cover that contract, they will not cancel reservations first. Since they do not track which points come from which contract(with the exception of bonus points and credit pool points) they have no way of knowing which points were used to make those reservations. So they do not cancel all reservations. If you credit pooled any of points from the contract you are giving back, the points from the credit pool are grabbed first, then they cancel any current reservations made with the credit pool points. If they still need more, they will grab from use year points. If they still need more, then they cancel The other reservations made with use year points. If there are still not enough left, then they may not accept it. With the exception of credit pool reservations, canceling reservations is usually the last resort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Does anybody know why they cancel reservations in the case where they are offering up to three years of use back to the owner?
Mike

Reaction score
If you accept their 3 years of points offer, then the points the points that you had before you accepted are taken out of the system. You will have a new type of membership that will start a new 3 year use period once the change has gone through the system.

Reaction score
If you accept their 3 years of points offer, then the points the points that you had before you accepted are taken out of the system. You will have a new type of membership that will start a new 3 year use period once the change has gone through the system.
I think I understand...they take all your current points and then issue an equivalent "new type of points" that can be used with no restrictions other than those previously mentioned. Also you can make reservations as before on line. Does your account number/password remain the same? Sorry for all the questions but I wanted to make sure I understand the possible unintended consequences before I call.
Mike

Reaction score
Yes you can make reservations online. Your account # remains the same and I think your user name and password remains the same. I did my change when there were major issues with the website and had to change my user name and password. Just be sure to ask about all your questions when you call. I made a list before I called.

PJE

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Acess Club Wyndham Select
Thanks to the people here on TUG2 my wife I and decided to give Wyndham's exit program a try. On December 27 I called the Ovation number. The agent explained how the program works. We had already sent in our maintenance fees for December. The points we had we turned over for cash to pay two months' worth of MF. By the end of these two months, we were free! Thank you.

PJE

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Acess Club Wyndham Select
Thanks to the people here on TUG2 my wife I and decided to give Wyndham's exit program a try. On December 27 I called the Ovation number. The agent explained how the program works. We had already sent in our maintenance fees for December. The points we had we turned over for cash to pay two months' worth of MF. By the end of these two months, we were free! Thank you.
I would strongly suggest that if your are looking to get out of your time share with Wyndham call about the Ovation Exit program. They won't pay you anything for your timeshare, but you won't have to spend any money either.

Reaction score
My Ovation experience so far... After much deliberation and research I have decided to use the Ovation program to shed my 3.7 million mostly developer purchased points:confused: over 5 contracts and 15 years of ownership. The 3.1 million contract is CWA. Much to my surprise when I finally pulled the trigger, I was told I didn't qualify for the Ovation Limited Edition program because my account was "flagged". After calls to Ovation hoping to get a different agent and calls to owner care I still could not get an explanation on who or why I was flagged. The best multiple Ovation agents could guess is because I had rented so many ( most) points out over the past 4 years. Frustrated but at least I will be out of the program. Any thoughts? BTW everything is paid off.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
My Ovation experience so far... After much deliberation and research I have decided to use the Ovation program to shed my 3.7 million mostly developer purchased points:confused: over 5 contracts and 15 years of ownership. The 3.1 million contract is CWA. Much to my surprise when I finally pulled the trigger, I was told I didn't qualify for the Ovation Limited Edition program because my account was "flagged". After calls to Ovation hoping to get a different agent and calls to owner care I still could not get an explanation on who or why I was flagged. The best multiple Ovation agents could guess is because I had rented so many ( most) points out over the past 4 years. Frustrated but at least I will be out of the program. Any thoughts? BTW everything is paid off.

The only time I’ve heard of an account getting flagged is if they used to many guest certificates because it makes then look like a renter. What’s weird is I know of someone who got flagged, but they used their allotted free ones. They didn’t buy extra. They were Platinum so they had 15 free ones. So the number must be less then 15 which doesn’t make sense. Why give them 15 if you’re going to flag them for using them? No one could tell them how long they would be flagged for. They are a TUG user. Hopefully they will speak up if they see this thread. They might have more insight on this.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
The only time I’ve heard of an account getting flagged is if they used to many guest certificates because it makes then look like a renter. What’s weird is I know of someone who got flagged, but they used their allotted free ones. They didn’t buy extra. They were Platinum so they had 15 free ones. So the number must be less then 15 which doesn’t make sense. Why give them 15 if you’re going to flag them for using them? No one could tell them how long they would be flagged for. They are a TUG user. Hopefully they will speak up if they see this thread. They might have more insight on this.
If you have one million and one points you receive 30.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk