• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
The only time I’ve heard of an account getting flagged is if they used to many guest certificates because it makes then look like a renter. What’s weird is I know of someone who got flagged, but they used their allotted free ones. They didn’t buy extra. They were Platinum so they had 15 free ones. So the number must be less then 15 which doesn’t make sense. Why give them 15 if you’re going to flag them for using them? No one could tell them how long they would be flagged for. They are a TUG user. Hopefully they will speak up if they see this thread. They might have more insight on this.

From what people I know were told it isn't necessarily the number of guest certificates you use rather the percentage of your points you put guest certificates on. So you could only be using a few of your free guest certificates but if they were high point reservations that would put over the percentage that gets your account flagged.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
If you have one million and one points you receive 30.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

I’m aware if that, thanks.

Reaction score
Hey, just wanted to post and say thank you for all the help from this forum and this thread in my research. Getting out of a timeshare is definitely stressful and at times, feels impossible and forever stuck in a purgatory of increasing maintenance fees, but y'all had information here that I couldn't find anywhere else (and wasn't bombarded with ads charging fees to exit) ... That said! I thought I'd pay it forward with some updates of current situation.

Ovation has been renamed to Certified Exit. They have a webpage with some information (link active as of 1/1/2021): https://clubwyndham.wyndhamdestinations.com/us/en/help/certified-exit

In our situation, we were part of Fairfield from many years ago and got "grandfathered" into what is now Club Wyndham Access (CWA), so we're not considered resale, had paid off everything and was just paying maintenance fees. The "Limited Edition" option was available to us (where you have 3 more years of points without paying fees), but this may depend on your "paid off" status. For the 3 years, your points are at your rate (any "rollover" points are also forfeited because they essentially give you a new 3 year contract). You can book 10 months in advance with this program. And the 3 years start date is based on quarters so if you cancelled in March, your first year would "start" on April (2020) and the 1st year would "end" March (2021).

Also, you lose any associated points with RCI. The exit process is estimated to take about 4 months maximum, and during that time you still have to pay for maintenance fees for those 4 months. But that's it. No more fees afterwards. Alas, you no longer have a timeshare and gain nothing back .. except your financial freedom :)

Like everyone else has said before, I'm just really grateful to be out of this. Thank you all for your help

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
In our situation, we were part of Fairfield from many years ago and got "grandfathered" into what is now Club Wyndham Access (CWA)

Just to make sure other people reading this aren't confused. There are several types of CWP (Club Wyndham Plus) points: CWS (Club Wyndham Select), CWA (Club Wyndham Access), PR (Presidential Reserve), Margaritaville. If you own a specific type of points it doesn't grandfather you into the other type of points no matter how long you've owned. However at different timeframes you can book the inventory from the other types of points not just the inventory available to you through what you own.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Duplicating my own post, so no matter which thread people find, they’ll see this:
We are in process of giving back our Shell points to Wyndham, and when the process is complete I’ll post a summary of the process and timeline (it’s not quick!). But we learned there are separate phone numbers for the Wyndham, Worldmark and Shell Certified Exit programs, so here they are:

Wyndham 1-855-312-9040
Worldmark 1-855-312-9041
Shell 1-866-313-8547

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
Does Ovation program for Wyndham only for developer purchase? Or they accept resale as well? Thanks

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Does Ovation program for Wyndham only for developer purchase? Or they accept resale as well? Thanks
In general they accept all contracts. It is now called certified exit. Only developer points are given the option of 3 years use with no MF. The give back and get nothing is available to resale owners. There are a few resorts that are not accepted. That list can change. You have to call and they have to look at your account to make that determination but I think there is only about 5-6 not accepted.

liongate88

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC (AUL), WKV, SVV, HGVC (BLVD, GW, Elara), HRC , WM
In general they accept all contracts. It is now called certified exit. Only developer points are given the option of 3 years use with no MF. The give back and get nothing is available to resale owners. There are a few resorts that are not accepted. That list can change. You have to call and they have to look at your account to make that determination but I think there is only about 5-6 not accepted.
Thanks

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Is it true that if you've used Ovations or Certified Exit as it's called now that you can never make a developer purchase after that?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it true that if you've used Ovations or Certified Exit as it's called now that you can never make a developer purchase after that?

I have no idea, but I'm prompted to wonder why anyone who likely paid multiple thousands of dollars for something (that they later ending up giving back for free) would somehow want to later voluntarily step up and repeat that same experience all over again. :shrug:

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have no idea, but I'm prompted to wonder why anyone who likely paid multiple thousands of dollars for something (that they later ending up giving back for free) would somehow want to later voluntarily step up and repeat that same experience all over again. :shrug:
I've given back contracts but kept others (all resale). I could imagine a situation in which someone like me might want to purchase developer with PIC to get to a VIP level and lower MFs (or at least would have under the previous levels with unlimited housekeeping; not so sure about the current ones).

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

Be interesting if they put you on the do not gift list for developer presentations.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Be interesting if they put you on the do not gift list for developer presentations.
I have not been asked to do an update since I returned two contracts in 2019, though I've only had three Wyndham stays in that time (along with two RCI exchanges elsewhere). My next is coming up in June so we'll have to see.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've given back contracts but kept others (all resale). I could imagine a situation in which someone like me might want to purchase developer with PIC to get to a VIP level and lower MFs (or at least would have under the previous levels with unlimited housekeeping; not so sure about the current ones).
I did the same thing in 2009. A Vida.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I believe if you turn in all of your contracts and get the 3 year usage then there is a clause about getting out completely and not becoming an owner again. I don't believe it applies if you are giving back one or more but keeping others.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten

In November of 2020, I made a developer purchase through telesales to enroll a PIC property. Earlier that year I used Ovations to give back a Sedona contract (bought resale for a couple hundred dollars). I needed to reduce my MFs, and had an abundance of points during COVID. When it came time to do the PIC they had to do something special to allow me to make the telesales purchase, but it was done. In retrospect I should have done this all at once, but I didn't. IF you give back ALL your contracts, you couldn't use Ovations. I still had two contracts (Bali Hai resale and National Harbor retail).

Things might be different with Certified Exit.

J Man

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (Pahio) Bali Hai / Kauai, HI
Linda,

Not sure why you are so fired up. Many on Tug have requested that Wyndham and the other big players institute some type of take back program for deeds that are no longer wanted. Most have proposed taking the deed back without Wyndham paying anything. Since the resale price on most Wyndham deeds is pretty much $0, I would think anything that costs the current owner no more than the closing cost would be a deal. It would also be good for the remaining owners, since Wyndham would then be on the hook for MF. Even if it costs 1 years maintenance, it would not be a terrible deal for most folks. Yes it would be an incredible deal for Wyndham, but I see it as a win all the way around. The big variables will be whether you have to surrender all of your deeds and if resale deeds can be surrendered as well.
===============

CBMan,
I'm just jumping in on this thread because I recently paid my MF on my Pahio Bali Hai 2BR unit in Kauai. It just so happens that I asked the Wyndham folks if they had a buy-back program and they told me they did. Well . . . more like "take back." But to your point, if the owner really wants out due to any reason and Wyndham pays all closing costs, seems a good deal. And I agree, EVERYONE gets something they want. In our case, we've owned this unit since 2000 (EOY) and always transfer the points to RCI. We find that we can use the large number of points to take multiple vacations every year. It's especially helpful that we are now retired and are unrestricted by work schedules. This allows us to get last minute deals (low points exchanges) from RCI. BUT . . . between the $1,300+ MF and the ever-climbing FEES by RCI, we've decided we can do better on our own. Honestly, RCI FEES are ridiculous: Annual membership, Platinum add-on, exchange fees, etc. The next time my Pahio MF comes up, (after I've burned all my current RCI points) I think the "give back" program will be my path.
J Man
North Carolina