• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando marriotts

disneydor

Reaction score
Is there a regional block for trading amongst the orlando marriotts?

Thank you.

cindi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there a regional block for trading amongst the orlando marriotts?

Thank you.

Not quite sure what you are asking.

Do you mean if you own an Orlando Marriott can you trade it for other Marriotts in Orlando? If that is what you are asking, yes you can.

disneydor

Reaction score
Yes that is what I was asking. Thank you so much.

Rush

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is that you can trade into other Orlando area Marriotts, but not into other Orlando area TS's.

Hope this helps...

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
In looking at II with my sister's Grand Vista, she can trade into other resorts in Orlando (Marriott, Sheraton, etc). I am not seeing any Disney or Westgates.

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Disney no longer possible

FYI: Disney is no longer affiliated with Interval.

Scott_Ru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I believe there is a block that does not allow, for example, trading Grande Vista with Cypress Harbour.

The exception is the "Florida Club," which does allow trading when available between certain resorts that are part of that package.

wuv pooh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, I believe there is a block that does not allow, for example, trading Grande Vista with Cypress Harbour.

The exception is the "Florida Club," which does allow trading when available between certain resorts that are part of that package.

That is incorrect. The block does not apply to resorts controlled by the same developer. All Marriotts can exchange for any Marriott in Orlando.

The Florida club has nothing to do with trading. It allows you to reserve a week at a participating resort so a Grande Vista owner could reserve a week at Ocean Pointe without needing to use Interval. It was also a method to get around the Orlando block for owners of Grande Vista. You could reserve an Ocean Pointe week, deposit with II, and then trade into DVC. Now it is a moot point because Marriott has the best II resorts in Orlando if you can't get onsite with DVC.

AMJ

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I can see all the Marriott resorts in Orlando and a few other Orlando resorts with my Cypress Harbour week.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
FYI: Disney is no longer affiliated with Interval.

That's what I thought, so why am I still seeing DVC availability with II? Saw Old Key West, Vero Beach, and others yesterday (studios). Is it leftover inventory?

Cindala

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now it is a moot point because Marriott has the best II resorts in Orlando if you can't get onsite with DVC.

With Disney out of Interval, do you think this will give the Orlando Marriotts increased desirability or trading power??:D