• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando for the First Time

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are planning a trip to Orlando for the first time in October. Which HGVC resort is the best. It will be just me and my wife. All suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dave

Janann

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
You can't go wrong with any of the resorts, so its hard to say which is best. I have stayed at the Sea World location and Tuscany.

Sea World:
--Plenty of parking.
--Easy freeway in and out access on I-4 for Disney. However, there is no southbound exit if you are coming from Universal, so some surface street driving will be required when returning from Universal.
--You can walk to Sea World. There are also some minor perks from the resort for Sea World.

Tuscany:
--Grocery shopping, Outback Steakhouse, Walgreens, etc. are across the street from the resort.
--Outlet shopping is just around the bend. Its possible to walk there.
--Parking can be an issue late at night. One night we had to park near the clubhouse and walk back to our condo. It was only about 10 p.m., and the parking outside the units was full.

I haven't tried the restaurants or bars at either resort.

I don't think the differences between the resorts are all that significant when you are looking for a place for two adults.

azdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

Thank you. I appreciate it.

You can't go wrong with any of the resorts, so its hard to say which is best. I have stayed at the Sea World location and Tuscany.

Sea World:
--Plenty of parking.
--Easy freeway in and out access on I-4 for Disney. However, there is no southbound exit if you are coming from Universal, so some surface street driving will be required when returning from Universal.
--You can walk to Sea World. There are also some minor perks from the resort for Sea World.

Tuscany:
--Grocery shopping, Outback Steakhouse, Walgreens, etc. are across the street from the resort.
--Outlet shopping is just around the bend. Its possible to walk there.
--Parking can be an issue late at night. One night we had to park near the clubhouse and walk back to our condo. It was only about 10 p.m., and the parking outside the units was full.

I haven't tried the restaurants or bars at either resort.

I don't think the differences between the resorts are all that significant when you are looking for a place for two adults.

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please have the new Orlando location HGVC Las Palmeras in mind as well.

HGVC will start the remodelling the units in the summer of 2016 and should be completed in nov 2016.

If you are going to the parks you might be closer the them with the new resort.

Also, since the resort is not "ready" yet, who knowes HGVC owners might get a point discount booking early. Booking opens 8th of jan 2016.

Regards

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please have the new Orlando location HGVC Las Palmeras in mind as well.

HGVC will start the remodelling the units in the summer of 2016 and should be completed in nov 2016.

If you are going to the parks you might be closer the them with the new resort.

Also, since the resort is not "ready" yet, who knowes HGVC owners might get a point discount booking early. Booking opens 8th of jan 2016.

Regards
Point discount. ..what are you smoking. .and where can I get some..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Point discount. ..what are you smoking. .and where can I get some..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I just love when people talk so nice to each other.

If you rent out something which does not meet your normal standard, you can't expect regular price.

Regards.

Jason245

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just love when people talk so nice to each other.

If you rent out something which does not meet your normal standard, you can't expect regular price.

Regards.

I didn't mean for it to be an insult..

They are renovating all the units so they will meet normal standards of Hilton by that date. Expecting a point discount anywhere would be SHOCK and AWE.

In addition this was a Westin hotel, Westin Hotels are equal to and sometimes even better than Hilton Hotels.

Having stayed at multiple high end Westin, Intercontinental and Waldorf Astoria's I have to say that the Westins are usually the nicer of the three.

Uscjusto

Reaction score
I stayed at Parc Soleil with a rental car. Getting to the amusement parks was easy by rental car, and parking was always available.

The pool area had decent water slides. The game room always seemed busy. It was a nice experience there, but I can't compare it to any other HGVC in Orlando.