• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orlando dinner show

STEVIE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi, has anyone gone to the Capones dinner show? We will be in Orlando over Thanksgiving, and we were thinking of going to a dinner show one eve. This one sounded interesting on the internet, any ideas? Thanks, Sue

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe it is now closed. We did go when it was open, show was cute but the food was horrible. If you haven't done Dixie Stampede or Medeivil Times, they are good shows with good food (for a dinner show).

Scott_Ru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree .. Dixie Stampede is a good take. (Food is ... well, "o.k." I agree, it is good "for a dinner show.") But the show is good fun, if a bit on the political right.

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Capones is still open

I just got off the phone with them . we did this show in 01 and really enjoyed it .as a matter of fact while on a disney bus last week , one couple recomended we do this show as they had did it the night before . we have never done dixie but did medival times in nj ( heard they were similar ) and enjoyed it . if you decide to go to capones you may print a half off coupon at

http://www.alcapones.com/?gclid=CKWD34uyio8CFRH4gAoduR0dsQ

Carl D

Reaction score
I wouldn't dismiss the two shows on Disney property, the Hoop-de-Doo Review, and the Polynesian Review.
They are located at Fort Wilderness Campground and the Polynesian Resort respectively.
While the food is good at both, it is VERY good at Hoop.
Both shows are outstanding, and it's all you can eat and drink (beer, wine, and softdrinks).
It's not cheap, but the price includes gratuity.

beanie

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree with carl

we did hoop de due revue and really enjoyed it last oct. we also thought the food was better than any of the others we did. it's just chicken and ribs but good .

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We went to Arabian Knights in May 2007 and would not recommend it. I am sure that others liked it but we found the food to be less than good and the show to be rather lousy.

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Arabian Knights in May 2007 and would not recommend it. I am sure that others liked it but we found the food to be less than good and the show to be rather lousy.

I really enjoyed Arabian Nights - and the prime rib I had was fantastic!! Whatever it was my husband had he thought was pretty good also. We were there February 2006

gjw007

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've done Capones at Xmas time and I found the show, as others have stated, as cute and the food so-so. I had an enjoyable time and I would go again. I can't say the same about Pirates. Arabian Knights was also enjoyable. It's been 12 years since I've been to Medival Times and in the last couple years they have opened a site near here (roughly 40 miles), so it isn't something that I would probably do in Orlando again because of it being close to home.

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
Medieval Times had an ok food and an ok show. Pirates had lousy food and a not so great show. Hoop De Doo was not our favorite as the food was buffet style (barbecue) and the show was just the characters (with lines to get photos rather than their coming to tables).

Dixie Stampede we saw a few times over the years as the food was pretty good and the show was our favorite of them all.

We have not been to Capones or Arabian Knights.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
We went there two years ago. I agree with the general take on Capone's. I would add that that furnishings are in dire need of refurbishing. The carpet and seat coushions are torn and stained by spilled food. The service isn't all that great either.

Carl D

Reaction score
Hoop De Doo was not our favorite as the food was buffet style (barbecue) and the show was just the characters (with lines to get photos rather than their coming to tables).
gretel, is it possible you may be confusing the Hoop-de-Doo show with Mickey's Backyard BBQ (also held at Fort Wilderness Campground)?

I suppose the food could be classified as barbeque (ribs, fried chicken, corn on the cob, baked beans, strawberry shortcake), but it's not truly buffet style. It's actually family style where you don't leave your table.
In addition, there are no Disney characters at the show. (unless you meant photos with actors from the show?)

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
Carl-

You are right! It was the backyard barbecue. Thanks for the clarification (I wouldn't want to give wrong info). We have yet to attend the Hoop De Doo Review (and now I am compelled to go! lol).

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
We attended Tina and Tony's Wedding in NYC. Our Italian name is the bride's maiden name used in the show. We went with several family members for our anniversary a few years ago and had a blast! :banana:

Mimi

TUG Review Crew
Reaction score
We have enjoyed Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Theater several times, always with a large group of family members. They keep a record of your attendance and reward your return with priority seating. Discount coupons are usually available in local Orlando attraction magazines. There is a different show every week night. During our last show, two years ago, the theater had moved to a larger building. For anyone who enjoys drama, some lucky dinner guests are chosen to be part of the cast!

beachsands

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have enjoyed Sleuth's Mystery Dinner Theater several times, always with a large group of family members. They keep a record of your attendance and reward your return with priority seating. Discount coupons are usually available in local Orlando attraction magazines. There is a different show every week night. During our last show, two years ago, the theater had moved to a larger building. For anyone who enjoys drama, some lucky dinner guests are chosen to be part of the cast!

My wife and I went to Sleuth's Mystery Dinner theater back in 2004. We really enjoyed it. We sat next to Sinbad the comedian. Very nice guy.

I had coupons from somewhere, which knocked off a few bucks. The food was very good and it was unlimited drinks. The show was a lot of fun as well.

Joel :)

travel girl 2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I vote for the Hoop de Doo! We went there for my birthday with my kids, husband and my parents, so we had someone from all age ranges. It was one of the favorite things we did on our 10 days in Disney. The show was GREAT! We sat up front since I made reservations the first day I could in thier system. My dad was "used" in the show as a prop by one of the ladies...she thought he was Cute! Then both my hubby and I were chosen for the finale. My husband had to dress as the fairy of Davy Crocket - to the amusement of my kids!

The food was great - service was good and the show was great for all! I highly recommend it! If you are celebrating, let them know when you make reservations and they will announce it during the show!:clap:

jlwquilter

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Sleuth's Mystery Dinner this past April. It was good old corny fun. My 8 yr. old girl still will kick up her leg in mimic of the cross dressing maid every once in awhile. Not much of a better indicator that she enjoyed the show :wave: We got a few bucks off as a member of our party is a Disney cast member. Food was decent.

We are going to Arabian Knights the day before Thanksgiving this year. Half price deal off Spirit Airlines website (SPAI is promo code).