• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ORE Points?

KevJan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have just been contact by a company, WROMAN, and been informed that the ORE exchange company will be converting to a Points system equivalent to RCI beginning May 1, 2006. Does anyone know anything about this? Why wasn't I told about it from ORE? Something smells fishy here. :eek:

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
To me, is sounds as if some of the resorts that ORE has an interest in, will be changing to the "availability of switching to the RCI points system".

WROMAN is a "third-party" authorized to sell RCI points--and they usually want you to buy "more", at a hefty price.

You can call ORE and ask your questions. Their "customer-service" is great !!!

Tony

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
KevJan said:
I have just been contact by a company, WROMAN, and been informed that the ORE exchange company will be converting to a Points system equivalent to RCI beginning May 1, 2006. Does anyone know anything about this? Why wasn't I told about it from ORE? Something smells fishy here. :eek:

I own at an ORE resort (Champions' Run) that is in Points. I was able to convert my week to Points for RCI's fee, plus $1. The manager of the Resort did the Points conversion. It was my impression, thought, that my resort lets anyone authorized to do Points Conversion do conversions for their members. So, I probably could have had Wroman do the conversion -- at a substantially higher cost, of course. If other ORE resorts now are in RCI Points, Wroman may try to get some of the conversion business, even if lower-cost options are available. Perhaps that's what the salesman was really trying for.

The phone call you received sounds like a Wroman scam to me. If ORE was really going to an internal points system, why would Wroman even know?

I'd call ORE and ask.

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Ore points

:mad: I called ore-"you're welcome to buy Wroman points which are like rci points-like rci? well, yes, it's rci points, but you don't have to...". They've gone the expensive route.
:mad: Anita

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
KevJan said:
I have just...... .been informed that the ORE exchange company will be converting to a Points system equivalent to RCI beginning May 1, 2006.....Why wasn't I told about it from ORE?

Maybe because it is not true!!

GEORGE

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
PClapham said:
:mad: I called ore-"you're welcome to buy Wroman points which are like rci points-like rci? well, yes, it's rci points, but you don't have to...". They've gone the expensive route.
:mad: Anita

I was told here on the board that Wroman did Points conversions for ORE, but as I said, I was able to get my ORE-managed resort converted for the RCI fee plus $1.

It took me a while, however, to find out that the manager of my resort (Champions' Run) is authorized to do Points Conversions. Various people at ORE suggested other people to do the conversion. I don't think ORE was trying to stear me to an expensive Points broker, I think they just didn't know much about the process.

At which ORE resort do you own? I thought Champions' Run was the only ORE resort in Points.

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
ore and points

WE own at The Towncenter at Jackson Hole. I didn't tell the vc where we own, just asked about ore going to points.
Anita

KevJan

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own at ORE at St. George and also a MROP week. After talking with ORE headquarters, I've learned that converting to points is an option not a must. Thanks for everyone's comments.