• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ordered the New iPhone 6s yesterday

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
well,as a lot of you know I am a big Apple Fan... I DON'T get a new iPhone every year but do every other year.... well Verizon had a offer where I could trade in my iPhone 5s for $300.00 and get the new iPhone 6s or 6s plus.... I got the 6s since I have an iPad mini didn't see the need for a bigger iPhone... I did go from a 32gig to 128gig phone... I am really looking forward to all the new enhancements it has to offer... also right now Verizon was offering 6g for the price of a 4 gig plan... I don't know if that is open to everyone... we have been Verizon customers for a long time..... any one else order their new iPhone yet? mine will come by the 25th.... :banana::banana::banana:

Dave I LOVE TIMESHARING:wave:

VegasBella

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Carlsbad Inn
Avenue Plaza
Riviera Beach & Spa
Aquamarine Villas
any one else order their new iPhone yet?
My husband says he's getting the new one but when I asked if he pre-ordered it he said no. I might see if I can order it for him so he gets it right away.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
like Michael, we got 6s in the last year.

I dropped the desktops a few years ago in favor of laptops, next go round with the phones Ill go for the "plus" and drop the mini,

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Going to upgrade the wife's 4s this time round to 6s on ATT Next, will probably get a new ipad mini for me too.

I'm happy with my generic unlocked Android phone for me, it has a mega battery that lasts 5 days between charges.

Sent from my iPad using the strange new version of Tapatalk

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
BLU Studio Energy, paid $169 for it on Amazon.

Thanks. I've read a bit about the BLU phones. Always been tempted to try one, but with Android, there are a ton of great unlocked phones for less than $300 -- making it not so tempting to go with a lesser known brand like BLU.

sdbrier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I kept my 5S when they first came out. Wife got the 6S, it's to big to manage well with one hand for me and they moved the sleep button. Just not handy. Think I'll just get another 5S with more storage. It's the perfect size I think.

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
The larger phones have a lot longer battery life. I have a 6 plus and the battery will last several days if I only use the phone to talk on. Even when I use the phone 4-5 hours of GPS, or talking, or emails, etc... The batter will still have more than 50 percent remaining at the end of the day. I had a Note 2 prior to this phone and battery life was a big improvement over smaller phones.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
well,as a lot of you know I am a big Apple Fan... I DON'T get a new iPhone every year but do every other year.... well Verizon had a offer where I could trade in my iPhone 5s for $300.00 and get the new iPhone 6s or 6s plus.... I got the 6s since I have an iPad mini didn't see the need for a bigger iPhone... I did go from a 32gig to 128gig phone... I am really looking forward to all the new enhancements it has to offer... also right now Verizon was offering 6g for the price of a 4 gig plan... I don't know if that is open to everyone... we have been Verizon customers for a long time..... any one else order their new iPhone yet? mine will come by the 25th.... :banana::banana::banana:

Dave I LOVE TIMESHARING:wave:

I thought a big Apple fan would enjoy seeing my old Apple (Mac SE-30) I have upgraded to 128 mb Ram, and added a video card to drive a color monitor and a larger hard drive and and ethernet card to connect to the internet. Running MacOS 7.5

unfortunately it stopped running last year (25 years aint bad)I havent tried to figure out why, but I will. Hopefully a new motherboard will do the trick

Attachments

• IMG_2667.JPG
    IMG_2667.JPG
    83.4 KB · Views: 24

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Going to upgrade the wife's 4s this time round to 6s on ATT Next, will probably get a new ipad mini for me too.

I'm happy with my generic unlocked Android phone for me, it has a mega battery that lasts 5 days between charges.

I have an iPad 2 and an iPad mini 2 with retina display, I LOVE the iPad mini and when I travel I take that with me all the time.... you will LOVE the iPad mini.... Dave:hi:....... sending you this from my Mac 2014 laptop lol.... did I say I LOVE Apple products....

Last edited:

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I thought a big Apple fan would enjoy seeing my old Apple (Mac SE-30) I have upgraded to 128 mb Ram, and added a video card to drive a color monitor and a larger hard drive and and ethernet card to connect to the internet. Running MacOS 7.5

unfortunately it stopped running last year (25 years aint bad)I havent tried to figure out why, but I will. Hopefully a new motherboard will do the trick

Ron, do you happen to remember how much you paid for that Mac when you bought it..... I had a 125mb monochrome laptop with a doubler put on it for my insurance work, at the time it cost close to 3000.00 I got a trade in for 75.00:annoyed::eek: Dave:wave:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ron, do you happen to remember how much you paid for that Mac when you bought it..... I had a 125mb monochrome laptop with a doubler put on it for my insurance work, at the time it cost close to 3000.00 I got a trade in for 75.00:annoyed::eek: Dave:wave:

The se 30 was an ebay purchase that I bought to play with ...It was old and outdated when I bought it I didnt pay more than $100 As near as I can tell in 1989 it sold new for $6500. Folks say it was one of the best things Apple ever produced.

The first mac I bought new was in 1996 a 6200cd This was during Steve Jobs exile and that machine was said to be the worst thing Apple ever made.
1 gig hard drive, 8 mg RAM but to get on the internet, (whatever that was) I needed to upgrade immediately. I went to 16 mg and bought a new 56k modem. Anyhow I remember spending $4500 for the computer a monitor and printer. I was on the internet before yahoo and before internet explorer,

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have fun with your new toys - 6S looks sweet !

I used to purchase the newest, greatest as soon as they came out - but after doing this for quite a few years, somewhere along the way, the excitement just wasn't there anymore and I slowed down on the frequent upgrades. It could be that over the years, more and more features added were either useless to me (e.g. finger scanner, voice activation, etc.) or incremental benefit from prior version did not warrant the cost. And, there is also the environmental consideration of constantly consuming electronics that could contribute to toxic landfills (not to mention manufacturing byproducts' impact on the environment) and of course the out-of-pocket costs involved, especially as the family grew in size.

In our case, two months ago, DW and I upgraded our 2 yr old Samsung Galaxy S4s (one literally overheated itself to death) to Galaxy S5's for $0 each (+ taxes based on a cost of approximately $300 each (promo lease deal, so lower cost base)), and I just purchased another two Galaxy S5's (one year old?) when they came on sale for the kids for $1/each (+ taxes based on $600 each). Activation charges ($36/each) have all been waived due to longevity with current service provider. In this case, we saved ourselves (family x4) quite a bit of money by simply being behind one version as opposed to purchasing the latest device (the Galaxy S6), yet I feel we came out ahead feature-wise. First, this model has replaceable batteries (we carry several spares around - comes in handy), we can customize memory with SD memory slot (memory is much cheaper this way vs. being built-in onboard), and lastly all of us could be on the same high-end phones so can share equipment (holsters, cases, batteries, chargers, etc.). And, being able to pick up my son or daughter's phone when in a pinch and know how to work it without having to ask her how her phone model works (like I used to in the past) is priceless!

That said, the 6S looks nice! Have fun :D

Magic1962

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
well, because I had to sign for the NEW Iphone 6s I took the day off and was out mowing.... weeding etc... when low and behold here comes the FedEx truck driving FAST down the road.... I wave he keeps going :bawl:.... that concerned me so, I called Fed Ex..... they said well it will be there by 2p.m..... well I live in a community of 14,000 HOW MANY Fed Ex trucks can there be roaming our town.... WELL..... low and behold 1:30 comes along and ANOTHER FedEx truck stops.... I had a huge smile on my face... and thanked the driver and he said "EVERY customer who was getting a new Iphone acted just like me" lol he must have had a whole truck full of them.... and I GOT MY NEW Iphone:banana::banana::banana:... its going to take a learning curve but I am up for the challenge of all the new features... just wanted to share.... now going to go and use my new Iphone 6s with 128GB bye for now... Dave :wave: