• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Orange Lake -West Village

Hellicat

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are heading to OLWV in March. We have a two bedroom. Does anyone have any suggestions or hints for check in or during our visit there?

Thanks

Kelley

kirby3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless things have changed from last year, you will check in at one desk and than they will have you go to the next desk and at that point no matter how much they sweet talk you say 'no thank you' and if they charge you a bit more (which i don't know how they can) it is worth not going to a presentation. They changed this up (one time they gave us a paper and told us to wait in this room after check in) it seems. It takes alot more time than they say . I LOVE orange lake and own there but i keep getting suckered in to that. They tell you it is 'different' from last years presentation, much better now, don't do it. It never changes year after year, they said they had some new units and we said we saw them last year but of course these ones were different and they were not. Unless you want to be insulted in the end because you did not buy (even the lady that gave us our free item was rude)!! With that being said, after check in, we love every minute there and i am sure you will too! We will also be heading there this winter and look forward to it.:)

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
kirby you have an amazing knack for comedy! :rofl: :hysterical: I'm serious - you're post has me laughing out loud!

Reaction score
Aside from the updates (aka buy more overpriced options), OL is probably the nicest resort in the Orlando/Kissimmee area! One thing that probably hasn't changed: overcharging. The Publix at the entrance makes a killing off OL users, since their on-site "convenience store" is WAY too expensive. If you want to use the lazy river, you MUST pay $9 for a float tube ($6 at Publix but can't be used in the lazy river). At least they have a free shuttle through the resort! Oh yeah, turn the ringer off on the phone! They have a recorded message sent daily, but since phones have voicemail, don't answer. The sales staff may also call to get you to buy, again let it go to voicemail!
My wife and I own Wyndham, but her parents have Week 21 at OL East Village. They bought it about 15 years ago, OL is always trying to get them to convert to points (about $10000), but they always refuse (they own OL outright - just paying MFs).

TS

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Assuming you have never been there, I would get there early and take a look around the property. The resort is huge (too big for me actually) so you may want to get a lay of the land to decide which building you would like. Do you want to be walking distance to the pools (and if so which one) are you going to use the shuttles. I also suggest attempting to check in early this way while you may not avoid the check in crowds (if you are doing a Saturday check-in) but have a better shot of getting the room you want. We stayed there once, got there around one. "Checked-in" in the system even though the room was not ready and then went out to lunch and the food store, came back and did the real check in and got the key.

chrispy08

Reaction score
we ususally fly in early and leave late, we put our luggage in luggage room hours before check in, they give us our room keys anyway you need them if you want a beer or lunch because it is a cashless resort and call me on the cell when the room is ready. We'll be there in March too! We're in the 3 story buildings you can see from West Irlo, overlooking the golf course, we take the shuttle everywhere!

GeraldineT

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips.

Kelley

No problem. Enjoy your stay. It is a beautiful resort but with 3 little ones (1, 3 & 5) we prefer a resort where you are never that far of a walk from the room. Seems I always forget something:eek:

bhodgson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Request renovated

Most of the units have been completed but just in case ask for renovated unit. There are condos with 2 bedrooms and they are around the golf courses. You may wish to ask for something closest to the registration building if you want to use the pool and walk - we are in west village right now and the units are well maintained and roomy.

EileenSRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be arriving into West Village on Mar 3rd. I have trouble walking any distance. Which building would you recommend? We do like to sit by the pool - most end up being too cool for me. But my hubby and daughter will use them. Oh! I'm going to have to waste a day...our check in is really the 2nd, but hubby has a Dr appointment I can't fool with. Are they ok with that, or am I going to have big problems? I don't plan to call and notify them until the beginning of that week.
Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
Eileen