• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Online U.S. Passport renewals are now available

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Here are 23. https://travellemming.com/places-to-travel-without-a-passport/

Now, these are travels sans passport. Not necessarily without ANY proof of citizenship. Back in the day, I regularly drove back and forth across both Canadian and Mexican borders. Times (and requirements) change.
So outside of closed loop cruises and US territories, there are none? In other words, in order to fly anywhere internationally you need a passport. That seems to contradict what you are saying in post #24.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
So outside of closed loop cruises and US territories, there are none? In other words, in order to fly anywhere internationally you need a passport. That seems to contradict what you are saying in post #24.
So what? You can drive or enter by sea into Mexico or Canada. DHS or immigration do not check your passport to depart the USA. That's what I said.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So what? You can drive or enter by sea into Mexico or Canada. DHS or immigration do not check your passport to depart the USA. That's what I said.
What? In post #20 you literally said "Lots of places will let visitors in with a driver's license." That sounds like it is based on entering. To enter Canada by land or sea you need proof of citizenship. That can be a passport, passport care, NEXUS or something else. But not just a driver's license.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Nope! No trips planned anytime soon.
Cool. This probably indicates that they have a different set of staff handling online applications and they aren't just going into the queue with all the mail in applications. There may also be a lot more automation behind online applications that require less physical work by a human.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I'm done! I received my new passport in only 12 days.

LStormont

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got mine in under 2 weeks online but my daughter sent in via mail and it took the exact same time - so just really quick right now I think.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Today I was able to complete the passport renewal process completely online, and uploaded a photo from my phone.

The website is currently in testing, and the application window opens at exactly 1 p.m. ET. I'm not sure if it is available on weekends. I was online at the exact moment, and everything worked great!

Thanks for posting this. I had been putting off applying for my renewal since it ranks right up there with going to the dentist, but I was able to get everything done in less than a half hour today. The hardest part was getting a photo without shadows (and looking at the result lol), but it was pretty straightforward.

On our last international trip (to Canada) we filled out the advanced declaration on the ArriveCan app which allowed us to skip the line at the Calgary airport, but it also that meant that we didn't get a stamp in our passports.:bawl: I think that there are going to be significant changes in passports going forward. Some good (online application) some bad (no stamps).

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had also been putting off renewing my passport and I have an upcoming international trip in November so figured I better get started. The online process wasn't bad - just took a little while to make sure I had a photo that wouldn't be rejected as it has to be digital - not a regular photo scanned. I was shocked to get a priority mail envelope less than two weeks later with my new passport. I hadn't even paid for expedited. And my passport card arrived a couple of days later. Pretty painless and shocking actually.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
My wife submitted her online renewal on Friday.
She took a pic at CVS becuz mine didn't pass muster.
For a small fee, they emailed a link to a digital copy.