• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Year Ago Today We Moved to Molokai

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Screenshot_20230227_102258_Facebook.jpg

That year flew by. We are closing in on 4 years in Hawaii too. It's still early but for right now, this has been a great move for us. shaka

Kim has come a long way in the last year. She drives herself into town on Monday's for her Ukulele group now. I think she loves getting that independence back of being able to drive herself and go around town to shop a bit by herself too.

We have most of our plans completed for our trips to Maui and Big Island in April and May. We are looking forward to seeing our kids on Maui. We saw our daughter last year but it's been 3 years since we saw our son.

We are both looking forward to many more years in our Island condo.shaka

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
Nothing better than living the island lifestyle, warm, friendly people, no traffic and a much slower pace than the mainland. Congratulations on the transition.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 20 wks; Maui Schooner, 1.5 wks; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Nothing better than living the island lifestyle, warm, friendly people, no traffic and a much slower pace than the mainland. Congratulations on the transition.

Mahalo

Yes, it's been a while for you but I'm sure you remember your move well. shaka

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We were at Costco on Saturday to pick up more eggs and bacon, and I hear, "Cindy???" I turned and saw our neighbor from our home (in Colorado). She was there at Costco before her flight back home. Her mom just died, Gwen was raised on Molokai, and her mom lived there her entire life. The family put her ashes out to sea, along with their father's. They cleaned up the house and put it on the market. They are hoping for a quick sale. I think they priced it to move quickly. Should have gone on the market Fri-Sat.

I actually knew her mom died because our son and their son are best friends since they were 3. Their daughter-in-law emailed me to ask if I could get something on Maui to be there. They chose not to come until summer, and they found a place at Honua Kai. I don't have enough weeks for other people' vacations, that's for sure.

Last edited:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We were at Costco on Saturday to pick up more eggs and bacon, and I hear, "Cindy???" I turned and saw and our neighbor from our home (in Colorado). She was there at Costco before her flight back home. Her mom just died, Gwen was raised on Molokai, and her mom lived there her entire life. The family put her ashes out to sea, along with their father's. They cleaned up the house and put it on the market. They are hoping for a quick sale. I think they priced it to move quickly. Should have gone on the market Fri-Sat.

I actually knew her mom died because our son and their son are best friends since they were 3. Their daughter-in-law emailed me to ask if I could get something on Maui to be there. They chose not to go after all.

Real estate sales have really slowed down in Maui County. It's slow on the other islands too.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Jeff, you and Kim have shown the rest of us that you CAN do it your own way. I remember when you were still debating taking the job on Oahu. Just look at you now!

Congratulations to you both. It's been quite the journey. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you in five months!

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Jeff, you and Kim have shown the rest of us that you CAN do it your own way. I remember when you were still debating taking the job on Oahu. Just look at you now!

Congratulations to you both. It's been quite the journey. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

See you in five months!

Dave

You and Jeff too. You two went through a lot and made things happen too.

Yep, 5 months, that's coming fast too. Did you get a car yet?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You and Jeff too. You two went through a lot and made things happen too.

Yep, 5 months, that's coming fast too. Did you get a car yet?

I've had a rental reserved since last Summer. Not a great rate, but much better than current rate quotes. It'll be fine. shaka

Dave

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've had a rental reserved since last Summer. Not a great rate, but much better than current rate quotes. It'll be fine. shaka

Dave

There is at least one local rental car but I don't now what their prices are. shaka

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Real estate sales have really slowed down in Maui County. It's slow on the other islands too.
I saw price drops when I looked, not that I am looking to buy myself. Being this far from our 7 grandkids is not fun.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
There is at least one local rental car but I don't now what their prices are. shaka

That's who I have. Alamo at the MKK Airport, I think. It's all good - I'm factoring it into the price of the vacation. It'll be worth it just to see your beautiful island.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I saw price drops when I looked, not that I am looking to buy myself. Being this far from our 7 grandkids is not fun.

That definitely keeps many people from moving here. It also is a reason many people move back to the mainland.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That's who I have. Alamo at the MKK Airport, I think. It's all good - I'm factoring it into the price of the vacation. It'll be worth it just to see your beautiful island.

Yep, Alamo is the only car chain on the island. It's very convenient to walk across the street to get your car.

I used them on my first trip here years ago. Then I switched to a local car rental place until COVID put a few of them out of business.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of my sister. Many years back her husband survived a heart attack. They both retired, sold their CA home. Bought beautiful home on golf course on Oahu. Living the dream. EXCEPT... She missed seeing the grandkids.

Sold their HI home, moved to St. George, Utah.
They both looked great last time we met up. They were visiting CA so each could get a refresh from their plastic surgeon. He's good cuz she's10 years older but looks younger than me.