• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

One Plus One

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those that read the previous thread, RCI has asked that it be removed. In the spirit of their intentions, I will not be forwarding the workaround to anybody else. RCI has made a change in the links anyway, so it will not work as it did before. It was a pretty simple workaround as others have suggested, and this has prompted RCI to improve their security a bit - which in itself is not a bad thing.

If I still haven't responded to your IM or email, please forgive me for not doing so - there are still loads of messages in both boxes.

It was a fun ride while it lasted, and I hope RCI really does have plans to make these weeks searchable online, as well as bonus weeks and various resorts' generic weeks. I think they will find an increase in exchanges if they do, and that is better for their bottom line. Many of us will not call on the off chance something interesting will come up, but would be willing to do so online.

So in closing, let's put our efforts toward getting RCI to implement this feature for ev everyone!

TJM1091

Reaction score
Why exactly remove the thread?

Mel said:
For those that read the previous thread, RCI has asked that it be removed. In the spirit of their intentions, I will not be forwarding the workaround to anybody else. RCI has made a change in the links anyway, so it will not work as it did before. It was a pretty simple workaround as others have suggested, and this has prompted RCI to improve their security a bit - which in itself is not a bad thing.

If I still haven't responded to your IM or email, please forgive me for not doing so - there are still loads of messages in both boxes.

It was a fun ride while it lasted, and I hope RCI really does have plans to make these weeks searchable online, as well as bonus weeks and various resorts' generic weeks. I think they will find an increase in exchanges if they do, and that is better for their bottom line. Many of us will not call on the off chance something interesting will come up, but would be willing to do so online.

So in closing, let's put our efforts toward getting RCI to implement this feature for ev everyone!

I would be curious as to the specific reasons why RCI made the change, and more importantly, why they felt the need to have the thread removed.

To me the question becomes, if they can make a change to stop what Mel discovered within one week, why can't they, in the name of customer service/satisfaction, expend a similar level of effort to get the search function in place for us.

RCI, are you still listening/reading?

And if you are, I'd love a response as to what your intentions are regarding providing an online search capabability, particularly for Fairfield generic weeks, but also for bonus and "1+1" weeks.

TJM

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info

Mel:

It was a fun week. But RCI has closed the hole.

I have the same feeling that people will more willing to go on-line just to get idea where to go, they may not know when they call VC. So if RCI wants open it, it will help them circulate the inventory. A lot of people aslo willing to confirm it on-line, so it should help them cut the cost.

However, it may hurt their on-going search if their match process is running at evening only. And if their resort is adding during the Business hour. Also, based on their study, their exchange rate is pretty high, so they may not want to allow us to see it.

But it definitely worth to try to ask them to open it, since it can be easily done.

Thanks again

Jya-Ning

vincenton

TUG Member
Reaction score
Tom,

I am also curious as to why removed the thread when it doesn't work any more. What is the real reason?

RCI why don't you just give us the online search capability for Fairfield generic and bonus weeks. We know it can be done.

Vincent.

Mel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Knowing how I figured it out, I cn understand why RCI wanted the thread removed - they don't want more and more people getting angry that it was possible for a short while.

I suspect they don't want us searching because the system is not perfect. This experience exposed the flaw in training of some VC's in that some clearly do not undertand 1+1 weeks. They are supposed to offer an advantage over other excess inventory programs - a discount of sorts, yet the prices some were quoting were the same as we could get without one of these weeks in our account.

Part of it may also be that they DON'T want us to see all of everything that is available with these weeks, because more will be used - I don't know. I do know that more people now exchange into bigger units because they show up online - you run your search for a 2BR in Orlando, knowing you have 5 or 6 people travelling. If you call, the guide will offer you the 2BR that fits your needs. If a 3BR pops up, they may or may not offer it (if you're travelling with only 2 people, they probably won't). Online, you still see it, and may grab it because you don't mid having the extra space. In orlando it might not make as much of a difference, but in some cases you taking a 3BR kills someone else's plans because they need a unit to sleep 9.

I think RCI had a good idea in this program, to encourage exchanges/usage of weeks in specific areas & seasons. But they need to improve the way the program is implemented.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
And for those who have resisted the notion that folks other than us monitor what is said here, and make adjustments because of it . . .

CaliDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
This can't be true... Tug is such small percentage of timesharing. RCI would never impliment something because of what was said on Tug ;)

JLB .. If you would have only warned us sooner :)

sreiml8

Reaction score
Yeah JLB. You shoulda said somethin. This place is toast.
Wuuda we do now? Go underground? Become travel agents? Hack for a vacation like Mel? :confused: :D

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
This is another one of those little things on TUG I find myself innocently caught up in.

I don't know if Mel knew it, but the day before she started her One Plus One thread, I asked Madge a question about a One Plus One in our account, how we got it and what it's worth. I don't know if my question reminded Mel of her little trick, or if it was just bad timing.

But, boom, before Madge could answer my question, Mel had started her thread.

If only I was psychic, rather than psychotic. :cool:

Last edited:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Mel said:
Mel:

Do you have anything in mind so we can send request as a group? Or is it better to do it as individual?

Thanks

Jya-Ning