• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

On the Horizon. . . No 2 hour drive for a Double Double!

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Wow! Mark Wahlberg really stays busy! The brothers already have Wahlburgers. I knew about the Tequila. (Yes, celebrity-branded liquor is big!). Mark also has a sneaker & athletic wear line, Municipal. Plus, he's still starring in movies and promoting his Catholic faith with the Hallow app, etc.

Agree about Dutch Bros.
He’s also an owner of F45 fitness. I’m a customer. The classes are brutal.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of traffic, we are just starting to get Dutch Brothers around here, it's a tiny kiosk like operation, but the lines were horrendous. They set up a cone course in the shopping center parking lot, but that filled and went up the street.

I haven't been, I do not partake of the high sugar coffee drinks. I did see people comment on the local buzz that they don't have plain coffee, it's all specialty drinks.

Mark Wahlberg just opened a high end Mexican restaurant here, he has branded tequila now, several stars are doing liquors. It's another place I won't visit, we have a local dive that has good home style Mexican and $3 margaritas on Mondays.
Dutch Bros very popular with "the kids"

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Only a two hour wait Jim? That’s for babies. When In-N-Out came to Colorado the wait was 14 hours! I’d eat at McDonalds before waiting 2 hours let alone 14 hours.

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It just seems to take so long for such a simple menu. It doesn't seem that hard to put in a few more grills, fryers and high schoolers to make the food a bit faster.
I worked for McDonald's in Hawaii during high school. I remember the managers pushing us to work faster, to serve the customers, and to keep the lines down. They'd tell the grill workers things like "12-24-12" during the lunch rush. I learned that meant a tray of 12 burgers, a tray of 24 burgers, then another tray of 12. (Luckily, I never had to work the grill!) The goal was to keep the food coming as the demand was there, until the rush was over. Luckily, I usually worked the window, but even then, speed was of the essence. They had rules for working the window, how to take the order and so forth, and we were graded on our speed and performance in our duties. If the rules weren't followed, we'd be demoted and put on the fry machine, making milkshakes, or the worst of all - sweeping the parking lot and taking out the trash. (Horrors!!) There was a real effort on giving good customer service, and I took a certain amount of pride in what I did. I was once complimented by Ray Kroc himself during a visit to our location. He was watching how I did my job, and singled me out to the managers as a good example of what they expected.

Contrast that now to just about ANY fast food place. Insolence, indifference, and "f-you" attitudes are prevalent. Nobody gives a crap if you're satisfied, and you'd better check your order before you leave - there's a good chance they won't get things right. I don't go into a fast food restaurant so I can stand at a machine and place my own order. At least they could pretend to provide a shred of customer service for the incredibly inflated prices they're charging these days.

First world problems, for sure. :D

Dave

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
but even then, speed was of the essence.
The same was true at Walmart once. My MIL worked there many years ago and she said it was all about how fast they could scan items. These days it seems to be all about how slow they can do it, or make you do it instead.

Contrast that now to just about ANY fast food place. Insolence, indifference, and "f-you" attitudes are prevalent. Nobody gives a crap if you're satisfied, and you'd better check your order before you leave - there's a good chance they won't get things right. I don't go into a fast food restaurant so I can stand at a machine and place my own order. At least they could pretend to provide a shred of customer service for the incredibly inflated prices they're charging these days.
I very much prefer using apps these days and just pulling through the drive through or parking for curbside delivery. At least I know they got the order in their system right, but it doesn't negate the need to check it before I leave.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I very much prefer using apps these days and just pulling through the drive through or parking for curbside delivery. At least I know they got the order in their system right, but it doesn't negate the need to check it before I leave.

Try ordering a Double Filet-of-Fish at McDs through the app or the kiosk inside the restaurant. You can't do it. I don't mind ordering at a drive-through, but if I'm going to go to the trouble of going inside, I'd like a human to wait on me.

Same restaurant: The guy at the Pick-Up window handing a bag of food through the car window.
Me: Is the order right? There was a grill request in it. I don't want to get home and find out you guys forgot something.
Guy: I have no idea. They hand me the bag and tell me which car to give it to.

:rolleyes:

Dave

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Try ordering a Double Filet-of-Fish at McDs through the app or the kiosk inside the restaurant. You can't do it. I don't mind ordering at a drive-through, but if I'm going to go to the trouble of going inside, I'd like a human to wait on me.

Same restaurant: The guy at the Pick-Up window handing a bag of food through the car window.
Me: Is the order right? There was a grill request in it. I don't want to get home and find out you guys forgot something.
Guy: I have no idea. They hand me the bag and tell me which car to give it to.

:rolleyes:

Dave
There is probably a good reason they don't let you order a DOUBLE FILET-O-FISH.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only a two hour wait Jim? That’s for babies. When In-N-Out came to Colorado the wait was 14 hours! I’d eat at McDonalds before waiting 2 hours let alone 14 hours.
Two years ago, we were on a road trip that took us through Colorado. Looking out our hotel window in Northglenn at 9 pm, we could see a loooong double line of cars snaking around the block to get to the recently opened In-N-Out.

I hadn't been to In-N-Out in probably a year, but this thread got me craving it the other day (thanks TUG). The one closest to me is in a very busy area at the intersection of two freeways - and right next to Raising Canes, Chick-fil-A and Del Taco, but I got lucky as I sailed in at 1:30 pm with only two cars ahead of me.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
The info about planning space for drive-through caught my attention.
Many CA locations did not plan ahead for that and it's a pain to attempt a visit to a neighboring venue -- as the line snakes through parking lot.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse today, which is becoming one of our favorite lunch stops. Huge burger and fries for $9.99 between 12-4 PM. I had the steak salad, which also came with a side, and I chose broccoli. The broccoli was actually very good, but not much steak for $11.99. It was still wonderful.

During lunch, my SIL proceeded to tell us how much she hates In-N-Out. Likes Burger King and Wendy's better. I think In-N-Out is great, and all the grandkids love it too.

She also doesn't like the ride Small World, Disneyland in general, and of course she also hates Disney World. She has never been to a Disney park. Go figure. My SIL is just angry.
Now you’ve done it! “It’s a world of laughter, a world of tears…” Today’s ear worm!!

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Many CA locations did not plan ahead for that and it's a pain to attempt a visit to a neighboring venue -- as the line snakes through parking lot.
This seems to only be an issue with two restaurants that I am aware of and sometimes a third. It seems that only In-N-Out and Chick-fil-a have this problem. Sometimes Starbucks. In Canada it is Tim Hortons. Chick-fil-a has done a good job of designing their drive throughs on new builds in such a way to mitigate the issue.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
There is probably a good reason they don't let you order a DOUBLE FILET-O-FISH.

You can do it, but you need to ask someone. They used to have it on the menu, but it disappeared when they went to this automatic ordering thing.

I live with a fish fanatic, and a filet with two fish portions is standard fare. (I pick my battles. :D)

Dave

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
There is a new Chick Fil A coming to Carlsbad literally next door to an In and Out. They are not allowing the CFA to have a drive through as the area is so impacted already. I do not know where everyone will park. There are a few CFA and IAO co-located in North San Diego, they seem to compliment each other: chicken and beef.

RunCat

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HPP, Sheraton Flex.

New In-n-Out coming to Longmont near the Costco. There's enough traffic on the 119 already. This will just make it worse.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The In-N-Out food truck is coming to the old folks home next week as part of two days of festivities celebrating the 5th anniversary of opening. Sadly chips for 300 people rather than fries!
This wasn’t your normal food truck that showed up today. We are talking two full size freight trucks with cabs to pull them. They worked seamlessly and put out an excellent burger/chips/drink lunch for 500 people. We were quite impressed!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This wasn’t your normal food truck that showed up today. We are talking two full size freight trucks with cabs to pull them. They worked seamlessly and put out an excellent burger/chips/drink lunch for 500 people. We were quite impressed!
That's amazing! I'd love to see it.