• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

On the Horizon. . . No 2 hour drive for a Double Double!

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The first of two In-N-Out joints has opened in Meridian Idaho to great clamor. 2-hour waits were common when they opened. The second one nearer Boise and adjacent to the city's main mall is set to open in the near future.

We heard some rumors, but it seems to be semi-official today. Our Twin Falls, Idaho Outback Steak house, adjacent to the Snake River Canyon Bridge, and Visitor's Center (and Tesla Supercharger site) will come down and be replaced with a shiny new, In-N-Out Burger joint on the site. They say the plan is to be able to be able to accommodate up to 30 cars in the drive-through.

Details as this progresses- or anybody cares.

Jim

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
The first of two In-N-Out joints has opened in Meridian Idaho to great clamor. 2-hour waits were common when they opened. The second one nearer Boise and adjacent to the city's main mall is set to open in the near future.

We heard some rumors, but it seems to be semi-official today. Our Twin Falls, Idaho Outback Steak house, adjacent to the Snake River Canyon Bridge, and Visitor's Center (and Tesla Supercharger site) will come down and be replaced with a shiny new, In-N-Out Burger joint on the site. They say the plan is to be able to be able to accommodate up to 30 cars in the drive-through.

Details as this progresses- or anybody cares.

Jim
I care! Next on the list? Pocatello, Idaho Falls?

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
I care! Next on the list? Pocatello, Idaho Falls?
Dunno, Bill. Their expansion is closely related to their ability to supply fresh- NEVER frozen meat and spuds (duh!) That they opened a new route speaks volumes about their plans. They are already in SLC and environs, so it's not a stretch to consider that the population base (such as it is) and growth points to that area. I'll let you know if I hear.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And plenty of meat processors as well.
Maybe they'll source from the True West plant in Jerome and start serving American Wagyu burgers!!!

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was with a friend who ordered a "Double-Double"; he opened the wrapper to a hamburger with 4 beef patties plus I do not know what else. I have no idea what he was charged.

Usually, a "Double-Double" has two hamburger patties (have no idea why it is not just a "Double"), but no, this particular In-and-Out knew their multiplication tables and delivered a "Double (2) Double (2)" = 2 times 2 = 4 beef patties. I mean that bag of burgers was heavy!

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I was with a friend who ordered a "Double-Double"; he opened the wrapper to a hamburger with 4 beef patties plus I do not know what else. I have no idea what he was charged.

Usually, a "Double-Double" has two hamburger patties (have no idea why it is not just a "Double"), but no, this particular In-and-Out knew their multiplication tables and delivered a "Double (2) Double (2)" = 2 times 2 = 4 beef patties. I mean that bag of burgers was heavy!

It's double meat, double cheese. What he got was a 4 x 4 if it was 4 patties. I like a double double mustard grilled.

I have 3 within ten minutes of home.

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
When you posted a Double Double, I thought you were posting about a Tim Horton's coffee. The Canadian in me is showing.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
The In-N-Out food truck is coming to the old folks home next week as part of two days of festivities celebrating the 5th anniversary of opening. Sadly chips for 300 people rather than fries!

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yesterday (June 12) about 9:30 pm, heading eastbound on I-82, just before Glenns Ferry I passed an In-N-Out truck (also eastbound).

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Get ready for traffic to be all kinds of screwed up there.

The IN-N-Out near the Costco in St. George, Utah, is busy - stupidly busy - ALL the time. I don't think I've ever gone past when there WASN'T a line of cars wrapped bumper-to-bumper around the parking lot. It makes getting through there to the other stores kind of tricky. And nobody seems to mind. It also deters me from wanting to wait a half hour in line to grab a "quick" lunch.

I don't know what the fascination is. Sure, it's decent, especially compared to some other famous fast food places, but it's still just a hamburger. Animal style or not. :D

Dave

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score

Dave
Yeah, I had that figured out too. That area is stupid busy already. This might tip the highway dept over to build another bridge across the Snake River Canyon. The existing one is right at the site of the new In-N-Out and runs close to capacity constantly, and if one lane is closed for maintenance, traffic will back up for miles. A new bridge is inevitable. They've had 'open houses' to show proposals of siting and the effect on the area.

Hard to imagine that a burger joint might be the key to unlock $million$ in funding for a highway project.

We already avoid that area like the plague.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I haven't had one since before COVID. I love In-N-Out but but my husband hates fast food joints. We have lots of In-N-Out around here and this thread got me thinking that maybe I can "make" my husband go next week.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I had that figured out too. That area is stupid busy already. This might tip the highway dept over to build another bridge across the Snake River Canyon. The existing one is right at the site of the new In-N-Out and runs close to capacity constantly, and if one lane is closed for maintenance, traffic will back up for miles. A new bridge is inevitable. They've had 'open houses' to show proposals of siting and the effect on the area.

Hard to imagine that a burger joint might be the key to unlock $million$ in funding for a highway project.

We already avoid that area like the plague.
The "fruit" of a booming economy. The Magic Valley has at times been that for me.

It was dark by time I got back on the plain after Glenns Ferry. I didn't need to see know I was in dairy country as I crossed Jerome County.

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was dark by time I got back on the plain after Glenns Ferry. I didn't need to see know I was in dairy country as I crossed Jerome County.
Ahhh, yes. 'Dairy-aire' Fortunately, most of it stays on the other side of the canyon. But then, we occasionally get the 'sweet' scent of the beet sugar factory. The trials and tribulations of living in an agriculture based locale. Chobani alone goes through almost 2 million lbs of milk a day, and it has to come from somewhere.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Ahhh, yes. 'Dairy-aire' Fortunately, most of it stays on the other side of the canyon. But then, we occasionally get the 'sweet' scent of the beet sugar factory. The trials and tribulations of living in an agriculture based locale. Chobani alone goes through almost 2 million lbs of milk a day, and it has to come from somewhere.
It is is very difficult to operate a dairy in a locale that gets a lot of rain. Most of industry that had been west of the Cascade Mountains has relocated eastward. Jerome has become a popular area.

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
We (well - pretty close by) just got a Raising Cane's. WOOT!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

The IN-N-Out near the Costco in St. George, Utah, is busy - stupidly busy - ALL the time. I don't think I've ever gone past when there WASN'T a line of cars wrapped bumper-to-bumper around the parking lot. It makes getting through there to the other stores kind of tricky. And nobody seems to mind. It also deters me from wanting to wait a half hour in line to grab a "quick" lunch.

I don't know what the fascination is. Sure, it's decent, especially compared to some other famous fast food places, but it's still just a hamburger. Animal style or not. :D

Dave
I've always felt that In and Out follows the model that nightclubs do: Keep a line out the door to make people scramble to get their burger (or in the door to the club.) This is obviously not likely as they would be turning down gazillions of dollars each year by intentionally slowing down. It just seems to take so long for such a simple menu. It doesn't seem that hard to put in a few more grills, fryers and high schoolers to make the food a bit faster.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We (well - pretty close by) just got a Raising Cane's. WOOT!
Love Raising Cane's. Cannot really eat it on my lifetime program, but sometimes I eat two of the chicken tenders and no fries. The sauce is so good.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
We had lunch at Longhorn Steakhouse today, which is becoming one of our favorite lunch stops. Huge burger and fries for $9.99 between 12-4 PM. I had the steak salad, which also came with a side, and I chose broccoli. The broccoli was actually very good, but not much steak for $11.99. It was still wonderful.

During lunch, my SIL proceeded to tell us how much she hates In-N-Out. Likes Burger King and Wendy's better. I think In-N-Out is great, and all the grandkids love it too.

She also doesn't like the ride Small World, Disneyland in general, and of course she also hates Disney World. She has never been to a Disney park. Go figure. My SIL is just angry.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Speaking of traffic, we are just starting to get Dutch Brothers around here, it's a tiny kiosk like operation, but the lines were horrendous. They set up a cone course in the shopping center parking lot, but that filled and went up the street.

I haven't been, I do not partake of the high sugar coffee drinks. I did see people comment on the local buzz that they don't have plain coffee, it's all specialty drinks.

Mark Wahlberg just opened a high end Mexican restaurant here, he has branded tequila now, several stars are doing liquors. It's another place I won't visit, we have a local dive that has good home style Mexican and $3 margaritas on Mondays.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines
Speaking of traffic, we are just starting to get Dutch Brothers around here, it's a tiny kiosk like operation, but the lines were horrendous. They set up a cone course in the shopping center parking lot, but that filled and went up the street.

I haven't been, I do not partake of the high sugar coffee drinks. I did see people comment on the local buzz that they don't have plain coffee, it's all specialty drinks.

Mark Wahlberg just opened a high end Mexican restaurant here, he has branded tequila now, several stars are doing liquors. It's another place I won't visit, we have a local dive that has good home style Mexican and $3 margaritas on Mondays.
Wow! Mark Wahlberg really stays busy! The brothers already have Wahlburgers. I knew about the Tequila. (Yes, celebrity-branded liquor is big!). Mark also has a sneaker & athletic wear line, Municipal. Plus, he's still starring in movies and promoting his Catholic faith with the Hallow app, etc.

Agree about Dutch Bros.

Snazzylass

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sedona Pines

Dave
Always quicker to go in! Even for take-in. A coworker swore by that when we worked at a bank branch. She'd work the drive thru and laugh at the customers. (However, as a mom with a sick kid, I was grateful for a drive-thru at the drugstore.)

For In-N-Out, unless the line is super short, I go inside to place my order and use my phone to pay. Then I decide if I want to take my food with me, or eat outside or in.