• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[OFFICIAL Vistana 2018 Maintenance Fees Thread]

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
Just for comparison’s sake, we are staying for 3 nights in the Virgin Islands during low season next summer in an oceanview one bedroom penthouse in Peter’s Bay on St John. It is more upscale than typical upscale timeshares from what I can see online (It is not a timeshare) and in an exclusive part of St John with beach access on the North Shore. We are paying $2300 for 3 nights, which equals $767 per night including tax and cleaning fee. Not sure if we will be charged a daily tax of $25 on top of this We are willing to pay this crazy high price in low season because this is one of only two units in this villa and it is on Peter’s Bay with walkable access to north shore beaches. Believe it or not, this is cheap for this subdivision based on looking at prices for the surrounding villas that rent for $1000+ per night and sell in the multi millions and I mean like $2 million to $14 million.

This makes a week in an oceanfront 2 bedroom oceanfront at WKOVRN seems like a bargain! So this is my vantage point when I say even with the 3% increase, WKOVRN still seems like a good deal. Plus as a lockoff, we are getting a week in our 1 bedroom in Maui, a week in Harborside in a 1 bedroom premium and still have almost 30,000 Star Options left over. Sure beats only 3 days in St John - but I hope those will be 3 incredible days!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Just for comparison’s sake, we are staying for 3 nights in the Virgin Islands during low season next summer in an oceanview one bedroom penthouse in Peter’s Bay on St John. It is more upscale than typical upscale timeshares from what I can see online (It is not a timeshare) and in an exclusive part of St John with beach access on the North Shore. We are paying $2300 for 3 nights, which equals $767 per night including tax and cleaning fee. Not sure if we will be charged a daily tax of $25 on top of this We are willing to pay this crazy high price in low season because this is one of only two units in this villa and it is on Peter’s Bay with walkable access to north shore beaches. Believe it or not, this is cheap for this subdivision based on looking at prices for the surrounding villas that rent for $1000+ per night and sell in the multi millions and I mean like $2 million to $14 million.

This makes a week in an oceanfront 2 bedroom oceanfront at WKOVRN seems like a bargain! So this is my vantage point when I say even with the 3% increase, WKOVRN still seems like a good deal. Plus as a lockoff, we are getting a week in our 1 bedroom in Maui, a week in Harborside in a 1 bedroom premium and still have almost 30,000 Star Options left over. Sure beats only 3 days in St John - but I hope those will be 3 incredible days!

You are comparing a non-TS villa in Peter’s Bay (the most exclusive area of STJ) to WKORVN OF???
So... therefore a 3% increase doesn’t seem that bad? LOL

Why not compare to the Grand Wailea on Maui - or 4 Seasons on Nevis?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
You are comparing a non-TS villa in Peter’s Bay (the most exclusive area of STJ) to WKORVN OF???
So... therefore a 3% increase doesn’t seem that bad? LOL

Why not compare to the Grand Wailea on Maui - or 4 Seasons on Nevis?

I know. Tongue in cheek. It makes Westin St John look like a bargain too.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
While this is at the end of the 2018 MF thread...

You really should buy WSJ-VGV to stay in your W50 (or W29) villa.
Or buy Plat+ for option to use SOs.

IMO - week 19 >> week 50

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
While this is at the end of the 2018 MF thread...

You really should buy WSJ-VGV to stay in your W50 (or W29) villa.
Or buy Plat+ for option to use SOs.

IMO - week 19 >> week 50

Are you saying week 19 is better than a week 50? We think we may wait until next summer to decide.

I was going to go to Grande Bay this week but I canceled because I was too tired after just getting back from Ko Olina. Kicking myself for this! Wish I were there now!

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Are you saying week 19 is better than a week 50? We think we may wait until next summer to decide.

I was going to go to Grande Bay this week but I canceled because I was too tired after just getting back from Ko Olina. Kicking myself for this! Wish I were there now!

I am saying IMO - week 19 is better than week 50.
- better seas
- calmer
- better to go before Hurricane season than after
- week before Xmas would not be good for us - too much going on

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I am saying IMO - week 19 is better than week 50.
- better seas
- calmer
- better to go before Hurricane season than after
- week before Xmas would not be good for us - too much going on

Yes I was thinking the same thing for my preferences too. One negative I found with week 50 is if we want to do 2 weeks, we would need to stay over during week 51 and that is such an expensive week, whether we use MVC points to stay in St Thomas or pay cash to stay elsewhere. Also flights are very expensive around the holidays and traveling is so chaotic. I like the warmer water and temps in May. Frankly, I love June in the Caribbean (that is when we are going in 2019) but I am interested in Platinum season for the higher StarOptions. There is also a Thanksgiving week 47 available that would work a little better for us than week 50 but not as good as a spring week. The downside is we can’t use the week in 2019 so if we buy this year, we would need to take the StarOptions. It would also be too late to try to rent out the week. I think the Virgin Grand section where these units are located is currently closed and repairs are delayed and probably won’t be completed by weeks 16-20. I am waiting to find out if week 19 is still available. It might be sold. Week 47 and 50 are still available but we prefer to stay local for the holidays too.

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Probably should take this to WSJ thread...