• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Official Secrets of OWNERS (please) Four Seasons Aviara Thread

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
im confused.

registry collection has timeshares? aviara is listed.

you can exchange for fractional villas, hotels, cruises?

Last edited:

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
aviara owners and i guess scottsdale fractional owners

thanks for clarifying

Last edited:

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
in another thread i started >

Owners of single timeshare weeks at both Four Seasons Aviara and Four Seasons Scottsdale are able to join the Registry Collection. You don't need to be a full or fractional owner.

Steve

Last edited:

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Got the e-mail on the clear out of the few remaining units FS is clearing out to existing owners ... since 99% of owners do not know of TUG - be interested in their reaction. I for one thought the pricing was very aggressive ( for a developer clearout ) and the units should get snapped up ... but ... it does remind owners ( some who have paid big $$ ) of the devaluation. Not as much as their GM or TEPCO shares - but.

Not posting the $$ since only for owners and owners will have the e-mail. And let non-owners guess....:) Remember that direct buys allows you to swap for hotel credits - if that is important to you.
Regards
Greg

ps- any updates from people at location - are the exterior reno's done - have you seen them start the inside reno's ?? Really looking forward to seeing a completed unit. But will be a long time from the start to the final unit done.

moltenlava

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also got the email. Seriously considering to add more week so I can reserve holiday week. How does the hotel credit swap work? Also is there any other benefit buying directly vs resale?

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
There must be alot of owner interest from the inventory email..I sent an inquiry email the 1st day and got no response. I just called and the message said at least 72 hrs for call response time...I'm asking if there are any EOY.

Steve

Reaction score
Sir Newf (and related pet parent),

My understanding is that there are no EOY weeks available from the developer.

I have sent you a private message.

Steve

Sir Newf

TUG Member
Reaction score
To Moltenlava,
It's my understanding that the hotel swap works like this: Your annual maint: ($2,200) becomes your 'bank', you can use that dollar amount for hotel credit, unfortunately, it doesn't buy much in terms of 4 Seasons hotel room rates. then, of course, you lose timeshare for the year, but it might be handy for exotic locations...others can probably add more info..

Last edited:

Kagehitokiri2

Reaction score
$2,200...unfortunately, it doesn't buy much in terms of 4 Seasons hotel room rates

beach >
$132 punta mita (after $1234 credit)
$230 nevis (after 3rd nt free)
$244 manele bay (after 4th nt free)
$316 costa rica (after 5th nt free)
$385 hualalai (after $1200 spa credit, extremely well regarded)
$414 mauritius (after 3 free nights, with half board, villa with private pool)

other >
$160 carmelo (after 3rd nt free, bungalow)
$197 koele (after 3rd nt free)
$223 hampshire (after 3rd nt free)
$255 hangzhou (after 3rd nt free)
$427 florence (extremely well regarded)

Last edited:

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kage - you make us all want to do a bot more traveling. Last year I asked my daughter to check out 'George V' - the FS Hotel in Paris that I am always seeing mentioned on some travel show ... she came back and said a very nice spot ( expecting that ) and said she bumped into Vera Wang ... at which point I said ...who ? She just rolled her eyes ... I guess some times dad's just don't follow fashion enough.

I find FS hotels to be expensive AFTER THE FACT ... afterwards is when my wife gets these idea's she see's and wants to do to our home ... ouch .... ( aga1n another man thing I guess )

Greg

Love2TS

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you want to add someone as a guest to your existing reservation, how long does it take for the resort to confirm?

Last edited:

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Love2TS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, that was useful. It takes only 24 hrs after guest request is faxed in.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Interval's Four Seasons Resort Suggestions List

Am glad that FS and II have finally teamed up (?) to create a list of comparable resorts. And also glad to see that it seems very selective. Does anyone have any other resorts they would consider comparable in the Hawaiian islands? (i.e. Kona Coast vs KC I vs KC II - am assuming II is the only one on the list for a reason, but would be interested in the opinions of anyone who has stayed in them)

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
going thru some old notes and see this ....

http://www.fourseasons.com/residences/2009_exchange_drawing/

Tried different years in the URL - not work - sent a e-mail to owners services ( they open Mon thru Fri ) but wondered if anyone else knows ...since in 2010 the deadline was early Nov ...

for exchange draws to :
Four Seasons Residence Club Costa Rica (“Costa Rica”)
Four Seasons Residence Club Punta Mita (“Punta Mita”)

Since these seen one step up in 'wow factor' - it never hurts to have you name in the draw ?

Greg

ps - anyone going to the annual meeting in early Nov .... love to hear ( see ) details on the upcoming condo renovations ...saw some samples at the Feb board meeting in Feb ...

GregGH

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
here is reply -- just at the last minute ....

Good morning and thank you for your email. The information for the 2011 Exchange Drawing was sent out on Friday October 14, 2011. You might try your spam folder as it is sent from a third party and might not have gone straight to your inbox. If you are still unable to locate the email, the link to the exchange drawing has been attached for you below.

2011 Exchange Drawing

Please note the deadline to enter is tomorrow November 1, 2011.

If you require further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us at (800) 930-4946 or via e-mail at Owners.avr@fourseasons.com. Owner Service Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm, Pacific Standard Time.

I look forward to assisting you in the future.
Warm regards,

Debbie Pringle
Owner Services Representative

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tax Re-Assessment email from Owner Services

In case anyone decides to apply for this and needs help (parcel #, assessed value etc.) the San Diego County Assessors can be reached at 858-505-6262. It was very easy to get to a real person, and she was extremely helpful. It was the fastest and easiest I have accomplished anything like this over the phone in a LONG time!

Paperwork needs to be filed by 11/30/11 and the email has attached the form and an example form.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SFX Preferred for trading FSA?

Looking through some paperwork today I cam across a brochure for SFX Preferred Resorts. Is there any advantage to using them instead of II for FSA exchanges?? I understand they don't usually take studios, but apparently they will if it is desirable enough. Any experience?

Love2TS

TUG Member
Reaction score
The list of supposedly comparable resorts is in the newsletter for owners. Interestingly they include resorts such as Sheraton Desert Oasis on this list..

Am glad that FS and II have finally teamed up (?) to create a list of comparable resorts. And also glad to see that it seems very selective. Does anyone have any other resorts they would consider comparable in the Hawaiian islands? (i.e. Kona Coast vs KC I vs KC II - am assuming II is the only one on the list for a reason, but would be interested in the opinions of anyone who has stayed in them)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)

Hi Zentraveler,

As far, as I know there has always been a list of recommended/suggested resorts at least since 2005. FSRC gave me with the list when I asked about the II arrangement years ago.

It's not a list of comparable resorts see verbiage below.

The 2005 list states...
"This list of recommended resorts is offered by Interval International as alternative destinations to your home resort that are Interval standard and quality. Please bear in mind that the level of service and quality of accommodations at any of these resorts may not compare to your Four Seasons product, but they are resorts we feel are comfortable properties in prime destinations. "

The new 2011 list states.....
"This limited selection of Interval International–affiliated properties is a guide to help you identify exchange opportunities based on quality ratings and availability; you are not restricted to requesting only these resorts. The list will be reviewed and updated periodically, in accordance with growth in Interval’s network and member feedback."

2005 list of resorts - see attachment.
2011 list of resorts - http://www.fourseasons.com/interlude/2011_M08/FourSeasons2.pdf

Attachments

• FS Interval International Recommended List -2.doc
    66 KB · Views: 321

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Looking through some paperwork today I cam across a brochure for SFX Preferred Resorts. Is there any advantage to using them instead of II for FSA exchanges?? I understand they don't usually take studios, but apparently they will if it is desirable enough. Any experience?

Years ago, the answer was no.
SFX stated that they don't take FSA studios but again that was years ago.