• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Off to park City

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning....

Leaving tomorrow morning for the finally arrived 2012 Ski trip to Park City...

After 2 cancellations, some illness at home and a work sked beyond busy, it is off to the slopes for a much needed holiday!!!! This trip was made possible because of the flexibility of DC points, the incredible Sun-fri discount.., 2 double Puck tricks (cancelling and rebooking within 14 days)...

will be surfing TUG from 35,000 ft in the AM on Sunday... the time change is going to hurt at 4 am when I leave to the airport.

What makes Park City so cool ..Is I am arriving at SLC 10:15 am, will be on slopes at noon!!! Had to take a non stop from orlando to do this!!! Only 75 minutesfrom tampa home... On the way home, ski till 2 pm thursday then 5 pm flite home....

will keep up from Park city....

gblotter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside x 2
Maui Ocean Club x 2
Ko Olina Beach Club x 1
What makes Park City so cool ..Is I am arriving at SLC 10:15 am, will be on slopes at noon!!!
Are you already aware of this sweet promotion?

see http://www.utahstate.com/park-city-quick-start

Your first day's lift ticket is free. Good only for out-of-state visitors and good only for the day of your arrival. Must show out-of-state ID and your airline boarding pass to get your free same-day lift ticket.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good morning

looks great... but alas, the fine print shows a 2/14-3/24 blackout!!!!

looks like I will just forkover the coin for a 5 dayticket....

good news...nite skiing open till 9 pm just on First time and Pay day but can warm up with a few hours before my customary trip to Main Street Pizza and Noodle....

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
No need to rent a car for Park City

You do not need to rent a car for Park City vacation. You can catch a shuttle van from SLC airport for about $40 each person. Once at the resort you can ride the free city busses all over town. Also the website for PCMR says ticket discounts if you call ahead. Worth a call. Have a great time!

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...

All Resorts shuttle, locked and loaded... would not even consider having a car... walking on Main Street and the bus system work for me!!!

good ol puck....

love all of my TUG buddies chippin' in here...

in 2 weeks after returning I get to finally meet GregT, as we have dinner at Berns and Lightning hockey 4/2....

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
looks like I will just forkover the coin for a 5 dayticket....

You may want to make a quick stop at Costco on your way up to Park City. They sell discounted lift tickets to PCMR and The Canyons that will be far cheaper than what they'll sell you at the ticket window. You may also want to check out liftopia.com for some other deals.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...

sounds like a great idea...

will check it out!!!!!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I hope you have a great trip. After our visit to Park City this past summer, it's become one of our favorite spots. The only difference is we're summer shoppers/hikers/sight seers vs skiers. We plan on using DC points for a summer vacation in Park City, UT next year.

puckmanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
good afternoon...

You could probably get 3 weeks in PC for one of your plat weeks, when using DC points...

a benefit to DC....

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
good afternoon...

You could probably get 3 weeks in PC for one of your plat weeks, when using DC points...

a benefit to DC....

Just about, so long as they're all one bedroom units. But I could do that in the weeks system if I requested an XYZ week when trading down from a two bedroom into a one bedroom as I understand it.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
I made a trip to Costco this afternoon and noticed the Park City Mountain Resort lift tickets were $30 less (per five-pack) than the normal Costco price. That makes them $284.99 for 5 tickets (I think the sign said that pricing was good through 3/14).

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
Be sure to wear sunscreen. It was 50 degrees and sunny with goregeous, clear blue skies here yesterday in the valley (not sure what the exact temp was at the ski resorts), but predicted to be sunny and even warmer today. Personally, I'm a big fan of spring skiing.

-David

good morning....

Leaving tomorrow morning for the finally arrived 2012 Ski trip to Park City...

After 2 cancellations, some illness at home and a work sked beyond busy, it is off to the slopes for a much needed holiday!!!! This trip was made possible because of the flexibility of DC points, the incredible Sun-fri discount.., 2 double Puck tricks (cancelling and rebooking within 14 days)...

will be surfing TUG from 35,000 ft in the AM on Sunday... the time change is going to hurt at 4 am when I leave to the airport.

What makes Park City so cool ..Is I am arriving at SLC 10:15 am, will be on slopes at noon!!! Had to take a non stop from orlando to do this!!! Only 75 minutesfrom tampa home... On the way home, ski till 2 pm thursday then 5 pm flite home....

will keep up from Park city....