• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Odds of Thailand opening up

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
What does anyone think about the odds of Thailand reopening by Halloween ?

Bill

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just saw a 9 night/$999 RT flight Thailand offer for September, October, and November. I'd do it if I had confidence that we can travel by then.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I was looking at something similar but was thinking of a few weeks with a layover in Hawaii each direction.

Bill

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
There is a talk of opening on October 1st for those who had both vaccine shots within 14-90 days.

Skatduder

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in Thailand now. They are now talking about if you have proof you have had both shots your quarintine would be cut to 7 days. Currently it is 14 days in and approved hotel. You will pay a high price for your hotel above the going rate. I would check with the Thai counsolite in your country before you make your plans. Currently they have insurance requirements and the policy must say it covers Covid.

I'm planning to return to the states next month. I hope they change the quarintine requirement by September when I return. Will see.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Get cancellable reservations.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines will start cruising again in Southeast Asia either in June or July 2021 with their mega cruise ships.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
This thread is a little old, but I'm not sure if any of you have looked up the details on "Phuket Sandbox". Looks like many of the timeshares on II will be an option if you want to try and do a Phuket trip. If anyone has already planned one (or gone on one already) I'd love an update!

Last edited:

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
This thread is a little old, but I'm not sure if any of you have looked up the details on "Phuket Sandbox". Looks like many of the timeshares on II will be an option if you want to try and do a Phuket trip. If anyone has already planned on (or gone on one) I'd love an update!

I own 2 weeks at Marriott Phuket Beach Club, booked for Christmas and New Year's this year. Already deposited Christmas week in II, will also deposit New Year's week soon. The reason for not going this year is the high cost of required tests for my family. You have to test before going, then another test on arrival, then another test in a week, then another test in two weeks (recently cancelled), then another test before returning to Canada. It all adds up to be very expensive, just for the tests alone, ignoring other costs.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I was thinking that it was actually looking like a fairly inexpensive trip if I were to purchase units on Getaways ($497 for a 2BDR is way less than the MF for a year of anyone's home resort I think!). Of course, Christmas/New Years and the flight costs are a whole other matter. The flight choices (that meet the criteria of the program) out of YVR weren't super attractive. Since you own there @echino , I'm sure you know all the secrets of a smooth trip there. Hopefully you can get back there soon, I really miss that part of the world.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We love Phuket. I was telling hubby that it would be worth it just to go there for the massages (and of course the food). It’s very tempting that II has so much inventory right now. We would love to go there after Nov when the Similan Island National Park opens again to snorkel.