• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Oct. Thread] Renting your Timeshare through sellmytimesharenow.com

lewmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I found a (new to me) company to rent my timeshare with, and wanted to get your thoughts. I have successfully used redweek(did not renew my redweek subscription) and Tug to rent weeks before, but lately have not had much luck with these sites. So i did a internet search and found this company. They appear to have a lot of hits on their website, but there is a 20 fee for a 6 month listing. I recently put up an ad with vacationtimesharerentals.com and have a few leads but no rentals (but it was free to post my ad).
Does anyone use sellmytimesharenow.com? Is it worth the $20.00
Thanks

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
skinsfan stopped posting here, and he is an employee (former employee?) of SMTN.

I didn't know they only charge $20. I would think they would get some money on the final deal as well as the $20. They seemed greedier before. Hmmm....what's the deal with the $20?

Maybe it's worth a try, but you need to make sure they aren't going to scam you on the backend. :deadhorse:

lewmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
The site says 19.99 upfront for 6 months, and no fees after
How about myresortsnetwork, they are also 19.95
Which of the two sites have a better success rate?

Last edited:

Jennie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek.com has the best success rate. They have over 1,000,000 members. I have rented many weeks through them. MyResortNetwork has worked out well also.

There have been less lookers on these web sites since the financial meltdown began, but that applies to just about every segment of the travel industry. People who are in danger of losing their homes, jobs, and/or lifetime savings (in the stock market meltdown) are not interested in spending any money on optional things such as a vacation.

If you do a Google search of sellmytimesharenow.com you will find a lot of complaints filed against them.

The last time I looked at their website (over a year ago) they were charging about a 30% commission if you obtain a renter through your ad on their web site. Maybe they have changed their business model. But I still wouldn't do business with them. Their web site is irritating--tedious to navigate. Most experienced renters and prospective buyers do not have the time or patience to wade through a site like that.

If you can't rent your week through Redweek, I don't think you'll ever rent it through them.

Last edited:

lewmel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input, I think that i am going to stay away from them.
I didnt renew my redweek account, I wanted to find a less expensive way to find renters. With the 14.99 membership and the 19.99 ad, I thought I could find a cheaper alternative. I put an ad on ebay and it cost 2.50 upfront. If that doesnt work I think I will give myresortsnetwork a try.
thanks again

Reaction score
Follow Up

I'm the forum administrator for Sellmytimesharenow My job is to follow the forums of the timeshare industry and I happened to come across this thread. I wanted to correct the statement made by "Jennie" on Oct 25th.

If you actually do a Google search for Sellmytimesharenow, you'll see that there is only 1 complaint listed and it is for Sell My Timeshare, which is not our company, SellMyTimeshareNow.Com. For our Better Business Bureau Report please go here.

If you do have a complaint with the company you should go to the BBB who will immediately resolve your complaint. SellmyTimesharenow has a great reputation but as you know with any timeshare resale company, you'll have extremely happy customers and a few dissatisfied customers, that is the nature of the business.

Jason Tremblay, here at sellmytimeshrenow, works very hard towards customer satisfaction. Feel free to contact our customer service department with any complaints. If the complaint is legitimate we will do the right thing. Always have, always will. Customer care can be reached by calling (877) 815-4227 or email customercare@sellmytimesharenow.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportsfan

Reaction score
Yes, that's why they lost their BBB membership because of too many complaints.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I really think they are a good outfit. At least they have been for me. In my case, they saw my add on Redweek and they have rented several of my weeks for me without me actually being a member, or paying any fee to them whatsoever. I was very pleased with the speed at which they made payment.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, that's why they lost their BBB membership because of too many complaints.

Are you Skinsfan, posting under this new alias? Just a coincidence that your name is similar?

I am just curious, as it seems so very likely, with Skinsfan having disappeared from this forum.

jdb0822

Reaction score
Yes, it would appear he is, since his only posts on TUG are in regards to sellmytimesharenow.

Also, he makes it a point to mention the BBB, which has been stated several times on here that the BBB is a powerless consumer complaint organization, and usually only "questionable" companies make reference to it.

Sportsfan

Reaction score
No Skinsfan was working with sellmytimesharenow. I was saying that sellmytimesharenow lost their bbb membership for too many complaints