• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

OceanWatch Room Codes

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the valid II room codes are for MOW? I own OceanSide there which shows up as TWOS in my inventory. Anyone know what OceanFront, OceanView and GardenView will be? Thanks! --D.J.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We have TBOV for an upcoming exchange. It is listed on Marriott.com as an Ocean View.

jdunn1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much stock in the view codes for Ocean Watch or any of the Carolina Marriott resorts. I see that you are a new TUG member but it has been widely reported that exchangers typically get garden view at Ocean Watch or any of the other Carolina resorts. With that said, there are always a couple tuggers who chime in to say something contrary but the vast majority of people who post on tug about room assignement at the Carolina resorts do so complaining about getting a garden view despite having various levels of higher ownership status.

But, Ocean Watch is currently undergoing a renovation of the rooms (at least my owner letter says they are) and I think they are starting with the two towers in the back of the resort, which are where all the garden and ocean view rooms are. If your stay is coming up soon (before late spring and summer), you may have a good shot at getting an ocean side or even ocean front room.

Don't worry one bit if you do end-up with a garden view. This time of the year, the beach is freezing and the nicest outdoor pool and indoor pool are in the back section of Ocean Watch, so you may want to be in that part of the resort, anyway.

You are in for such a treat staying at Ocean Watch, no matter what view you get. Hope you have a great time!

...my bad. just realized you only wanted to know what the view codes are. i guess you already own at oceanwatch and know all about that resort. for what it is worth, II is blind to your view ownership for the carolina resorts. if you give-up your week and then exchange back into your home resort, there is no guarantee you will get your view assignment back. I would think the resort would do everything it could to get your view ownership catagory back, but there are no guarantees.

Last edited:

chuck1955

TUG Member
Reaction score
OceanWatch Renovation?

Hi, just saw your note about the MOW renovations, starting with the two rear towers. That seems pretty odd since I think they are the newest buildings there. I know at least one of them was built in the last 2-3 years. I am a MOW owner but did not see any letter - any other explanation for the renovations?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Hi, just saw your note about the MOW renovations, starting with the two rear towers. That seems pretty odd since I think they are the newest buildings there. I know at least one of them was built in the last 2-3 years. I am a MOW owner but did not see any letter - any other explanation for the renovations?

Perhaps it has something to do with the new pool and not renovations to the units themselves?

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all. Sounds like shenanigans if they are manipulating the assigned room codes. It couldn't be for owners' benefit since we are deeded to a view.. so it must be so they can rent out more expensive views and put II exchangers in the lesser-preferred? I guess we lucked out a few weeks ago... I grabbed an II getaway for the week after Thanksgiving at MGO and we ended up OceanFront in the Starfish building. Lovely! Happy New Year to all.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what the valid II room codes are for MOW? I own OceanSide there which shows up as TWOS in my inventory. Anyone know what OceanFront, OceanView and GardenView will be? Thanks! --D.J.

TBOF is oceanfront.

I believe the other codes end in OV and GV for Oceanview and Gardenview.

Deej82

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the same lines, any idea what a room code HVILA means for Barony Beach Club? I know 'H' means developer inventory but not sure if the rest just means any unit available or a specific view..... Thanks!

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just came back from MOW.
At check-in, front desk lady said all oceanfront and oceanside units were renovated (front buildings).
Also said that back buildings will have some furniture change since many owners/renters/Marriott.com customers/exchangers complained about it.
Didn't understand what they could complain... I stayed there three months ago during bike week, the resort was full and my unit in Pines building was ok (not luxurious, but looked good).
I didn't ask specifically what they change. But thought maybe sofa and coffee tables?? (weird two square tables)