• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

oceanpoint

coffeeman

Reaction score
thinking on buying a silver week 2br2ba seen some for under 10k is this a good price just wondering if anyone thinks it will pass rofr for under 10k is this a good trader since this is a silver week what r they going for at the developer prices how is the weather in nov.dec.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
thinking on buying a silver week 2br2ba seen some for under 10k is this a good price just wondering if anyone thinks it will pass rofr for under 10k is this a good trader since this is a silver week what r they going for at the developer prices how is the weather in nov.dec.

Silver for under 10K? I hope you mean way,way under 10K. An annual platinum 2/2 just went for $9600 on EBAY.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you are not looking to book the prime silver weeks (holiday weeks), it may be worthwhile to look in to buying at Legends Edge. Lower acquisition costs and lower maintenance fees. You can then book Ocean Pointe at 6 months out through the Florida Club. You can also lock off even though MLE doesn't have lock offs. You can deposit or use those weeks. Trade power might be diminished somewhat by depositing at 6 months instead of 12.

coffeeman

Reaction score
If you are not looking to book the prime silver weeks (holiday weeks), it may be worthwhile to look in to buying at Legends Edge. Lower acquisition costs and lower maintenance fees. You can then book Ocean Pointe at 6 months out through the Florida Club. You can also lock off even though MLE doesn't have lock offs. You can deposit or use those weeks. Trade power might be diminished somewhat by depositing at 6 months instead of 12.

9600 for a plat. i am sure that wouldnt pass rofr was looking for thanksgiveing week and memorial weekend week there are 2 for 6k and 2 for 8k didnt think that was to bad but i am new to timesharing so the tradeing abillity isnt that good with silver

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
9600 for a plat. i am sure that wouldnt pass rofr was looking for thanksgiveing week and memorial weekend week there are 2 for 6k and 2 for 8k didnt think that was to bad but i am new to timesharing so the tradeing abillity isnt that good with silver

I wouldn't be so sure about ROFR. Marriott has lots of Oceana Palms weeks to sell from their Palm Beach Shores sales gallery. With the economy the way it is, it is quite likely they will let just about anything to pass.

coffeeman

Reaction score
I wouldn't be so sure about ROFR. Marriott has lots of Oceana Palms weeks to sell from their Palm Beach Shores sales gallery. With the economy the way it is, it is quite likely they will let just about anything to pass.

that is true went through the presention for the palms looks nice but too much on a small piece of land like having the space at the op ill put put in alow bid and see what happens the worst they could say is no not a big deal

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson

If you're not buying or needing an ocean front unit, I'd buy something less expensive and exchanging in. I see Ocean Pointe silver season weeks with my weakest and cheapest Branson 1 bedroom timeshare. The MF's on that timeshare were $245 last year. My 3 bedroom silver season OP MF's look to be around $1,400 this year.

We own our OP week because we wanted an ocean front unit and, as an owner, we wanted the best shot at getting a high floor as what we could get. The only advantage to being an owner would be to get the highest floor possible. Considering that Marriott's run in the thousands of dollars and timeshare that trade into OP rather easily for silver season run in the hundreds, it's a high price to pay for a ocean view with the desire to always be on a high floor. But for some that price is worth it.

coffeeman

Reaction score
If you're not buying or needing an ocean front unit, I'd buy something less expensive and exchanging in. I see Ocean Pointe silver season weeks with my weakest and cheapest Branson 1 bedroom timeshare. The MF's on that timeshare were $245 last year. My 3 bedroom silver season OP MF's look to be around $1,400 this year.

We own our OP week because we wanted an ocean front unit and, as an owner, we wanted the best shot at getting a high floor as what we could get. The only advantage to being an owner would be to get the highest floor possible. Considering that Marriott's run in the thousands of dollars and timeshare that trade into OP rather easily for silver season run in the hundreds, it's a high price to pay for a ocean view with the desire to always be on a high floor. But for some that price is worth it.

but how is the trading power of the silver week we do like to be oceanfront andif we could get it for 6k or less dont think its that bad just wondering on the trading power need it for thanks. week or mem. week would prob go erery other year how far is orlando from op

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score

My guess is that it will pass ROFR. Resale prices in general are way down. Marriott prices are plummeting lower every week.

Think about what your goals for the purchase are. If it is trading you would be much better off purchasing a platinum unit at Manor Club, Horizons Branson, Legends Edge,Grand Vista or one of the Palm Desert properties for around what you are considering a silver OP unit.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it will pass ROFR. Resale prices in general are way down. Marriott prices are plummeting lower every week....

I agree. I was just told by a resale company that they haven't had a Marriott not pass ROFR in months. I believe the only way Marriott will buy ANY timeshare back at this time is if there is a buyer waiting. IMO

Terry

Smooth Air

TUG Member
Reaction score
gmarine, are you sure that was Ocean Pointe Palm Beach Shores, Florida, Platinum for $9,600? Oceanfront or Oceanside?

Smooth Air:cool:

Last edited:

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
I was watching that one. I wish I was in a position to buy more weeks, but like much of America I an in the mode of trying to keep what I have.

That was a great buy!

Ray

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
but how is the trading power of the silver week we do like to be oceanfront andif we could get it for 6k or less dont think its that bad just wondering on the trading power need it for thanks. week or mem. week would prob go erery other year how far is orlando from op

I really can't comment on the trading power. We have either used our week or exchanged for points and traded back with the exception of one year when we took a caribbean cruise. We do generally LO our 3 bedroom unit and exchange the studio unit but, that usually for a week in Branson in either spring, fall or Christmas season. Normally we can pull a 2 bedroom unit in Branson with our studio week but, getting a 2 bedroom unit in Branson during the times we travel there is about as easy as falling off a log.

Just a note, if you want ocean front, you must OWN ocean front. If you buy an ocean view unit you'll always be assigned the view you own or, ocean view.

One can exchange into an ocean front unit (we did this year when we exchange our 2008 week for points) by paying attention to the unit maximum occupancy number for a two bedroom unit. If the exchange is a 2 bedroom with a max occupany of 6, you'll be in an ocean front unit. If it's a 2 bedroom unit with a max occupancy of 8 you'll be in an ocean view unit.

However, if you're a non-Marriott owner exchanging in the chances that you'll get a high floor are pretty slim. When I called to check on room assignments, they told us we'd be on a low floor. I had sent in the information stating we were owners exchanging back in using a non-Marriott week but, they hadn't received that information. It's a good thing I called because we went from a first floor ocean front unit to a 4th floor unit. Thus is the power of owning with Marriott and, I suspect being a multiple week owner.

So, if ocean front is you desire and you want to make sure you have an ocean front view and have the best possible chance of getting a high floor (4th floor or above), then it's best to own an ocean front unit (not ocean view). If you just want to stay at Ocean Pointe during silver season (or gold season for that matter, I've seen lots of availability then as well) and room placement or floor doesn' really matter, buy something less expensive and trade in.