• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an RCI, Gold Crown, on the beach in Myrtle? Not across the street ~ but right on the beach. Need to know. Thanks

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Regency in Myrtle Beach

Club Regency in Regency Towers is a Gold Crown, and oceanfront. All units have an oceanfront balcony.

These are 2 and 3 bedroom units. We are owners here.

I have one on last minute rentals.

gnipgnop

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
London: Where is this resort located. North Myrtle, South Myrtle or other?

geekette

Reaction score
Bluegreen has at least one ON the beach - Shorecrest 1, N. Myrtle. Shorecrest 2 is across the (not busy) street.

Not sure about the 2 new ones, but I konw that Harbour Lights is not what you're looking for.

NJCOBRA10tha

Reaction score
Wyndham Ocean Blvd 3/4 towers are on the beach.
I am going there monday. Reach out to me in 2 weeks if you want my review.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Wyndham Ocean Blvd 3/4 towers are on the beach.

Yes but Tower 4 which is across the road from the beach is where all RCI exchangers get placed. So if you are looking for oceanview or oceanfront you need to own Wyndham or rent from a Wyndham owner, as RCI exchanges will not get you ocean whatever.

JoeMO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Club Regency

I stayed at Club Regency last year and it is right on the beach. All units have a nice size balcony that looks directly on the beach. Nice large units also.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
Don't know about it's RCI rating but Wyndham Westwinds is one building, directly on the beach. All 2BRs are oceanfront; 1BRs are oceanfront or side oceanview.

gretel

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Via Roma, San Luis Bay Inn
I stayed at Club Regency through an exchange last year and loved it. I couldn't wait to return. It wasn't luxurious but met our needs well. Every unit is ocean front and the location next to Surfside is great.

I rented a unit there this year and left early! The building is becoming more and more run down (similar to many that are in Myrtle Beach). Water on the floors in the elevators, dirty fans blowing in the elevators, nasty carpets in the hallways, doors barely locking, filthy garbage chute you didn't want to touch to open, etc.

I won't comment on the unit since it was a rental and not a timeshare unit. I saw two cockroaches in the kitchen (didn't see any last year in the timeshare unit). My opinion is that bugs in a unit mean they are in the building (we were on the 18th floor this time!). I was disappointed last time that the master bedroom window is so small since it could have had a beautiful view of the beach! The other bedroom window faced the hallway wall (some units don't face the wall; others do).

The beach has also become quite crowded since the new building next door opened. It was tough to find a spot that wasn't behind other people.

All in all I couldn't recommend Club Regency anymore until they put some time and money into cleaning up and renovating. I know it's difficult being oceanfront but they do have some down time in the winter to fix and clean.