• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceanfront 2br Kauai Beach Villas on Ebay

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Did anyone watch House Hunters when two guys were looking at a KBV unit? One of the guys was a real comedian.

I haven't seen that episode, although I do watch that show fairly often. Did they buy there?

Dave

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I did see that episode. I can't remember if that was the same one where they
Also looked at a condo at Kapaa Shores? They bought the one at Kapaa Shores if it was the same
Episode.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a real steal, if someone wants to go for it. Deeded oceanfront 2br annual with free closing. This is not my unit, and I have no connection to the seller. I just think it's a killer deal if anyone is shopping for the best of the best at KBV.
It may be a good deal for someone who has stayed at Kauai Beach Villas and knows this is what they want.

For someone who has never stayed there and "oceanfront" at a Hawaii resort sounds appealing, I would advise extreme caution.

We stayed in a second story, oceanfront Wyndham unit. The view was excellent, but that was about the only attraction to the unit. Wall mounted A/C units had been installed in the two bedrooms (bring earplugs because they are as loud as jet engines), but they could do nothing to alleviating the heat and humidity in the rest of the unit. The trade winds just blew the heat and humidity around the rest of the condo.

As someone else noted, the rest of the resort is depressing by Hawaii standards. The only thing that saved our vacation was the complimentary access to the MUCH nicer pool and amenities at the Kauai Beach Resort next door, but this privilege could be discontinued at anytime.

The beach is nice for strolling, but it is too rocky in the water for surfing or boogie boarding; we had to drive to other beaches for that.

Once was enough. We will not ever be returning to the Kauai Beach Villas.

The auction is definitely a "buy to use" ownership; for anyone inclined to bid, just be sure that this is what you want to own and use.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I did see that episode. I can't remember if that was the same one where they
Also looked at a condo at Kapaa Shores? They bought the one at Kapaa Shores if it was the same
Episode.

It was the same episode. The Kapaa Shores unit was smaller, but was right on the ocean.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I think it's a good thing that we all don't want to go to the same resort, but it's amazing how widely tastes vary. We have been to every Island in Hawaii, and many different resorts, including the big fancy Westins, but KBV is our favorite.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I looked at a unit in Kapaa Shores myself. I like the location but no a/c and
They are leasehold.

I agree with Denise on how everyone is a little different and I agree it's a good
Thing. We almost bought at KBV but DW love to walk to town so Pono Kai won
Out and we love it there. The oceanfront units are great too. 58 days but whose
Counting.:D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I agree with Denise about KBV. Nobody ever said it was a fancy place, and those who don't like it are welcome to stay elsewhere. I have never found air circulation to be a problem, and if I want a swimmable beach, I'll go find one - which is exactly what guests at much fancier Kauai resorts also have to do. Meanwhile, I'll enjoy every minute of that remarkable oceanfront location.

My purpose in posting this auction in the first place was for those who may be interested in owning at KBV. I was not claiming the resort is or isn't anything more than exactly what it is. If you're not interested, you're welcome to move along to another thread.

Dave

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I was surprised to hear about the air circulation problem, as well. When we stay there, there is always a stiff ocean breeze blowing through the unit - very pleasant. We never even turn on the AC. We just open the windows, and patio slider, and crack the front door, and enjoy the Mother Nature's AC.

We do enjoy the hotel amenities, and also enjoy that fact that all the screaming kids are over there. ;)

I have seen lots of surfers and kite surfers in front of the resort - literally every day, but the surf and undertow are too rough for swimming most days. However, if you want to boogie board, or just wade, if you cross the stream, and walk a few feet, there is miles of sandy beach to be had. Directly in front of the resort, there is a lava deposit, so it's best to cross the stream and walk 50 yards south.

Last edited:

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was surprised to hear about the air circulation problem, as well. When we stay there, there is always a stiff ocean breeze blowing through the unit - very pleasant.

When we were there, every day was 83-86F (80F by 10 a.m.) and 80%+ humidity. Adding a stiff breeze just was not my idea of air-conditioned comfort, but it was better than no air circulation at all.

It was very comfortable at the KBR pool, though, which is where we spent most of our non-sightseeing time.

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I liked that little KBV pool when we stayed there on an exchange a few years back. Pretty much had it all to ourselves, which was fine for us! :D

Of course, we didn't get OF as exchangers, and that was expected, but you can always hope. The unit wasn't fancy, but it was clean and the kitchen was nicely stocked.

Just avoid the 'Concierge' next to the front desk if you exchange in.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The auction is definitely a "buy to use" ownership; for anyone inclined to bid, just be sure that this is what you want to own and use.

I own at KBV -- but I do agree with this advice. It's not for everyone. Anyone expecting Westin/Marriott like accommodations will likely be disappointed. Some people do prefer to have the AC running and there is no AC here in the main unit so be prepared.

While they don't come up as often as before, it is not ultra rare to find a oceanfront unit for sale here. I've seen them off and on -- my recommendation is to rent (or at least visit) prior to buying so that you are not disappointed. I can almost always find a unit for rent either on Wyndham Extra Vacations if I just want to spend a couple of nights there or on VRBO for longer stays.

-ryan

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested in trying out the Resort, Travelzoo has a deal going on right now...

$399 -- Kauai 3-Night Oceanfront Escape for 2, Reg. $592

http://www.travelzoo.com/local-deal...=1826976_html_southern-california_deal:128881

tzoo.dp.media.11085.17445.kauai-resort.jpg

Update:

THIS IS THE kAUAI BEACH RESORT (HOTEL) WHICH IS ADJACENT TO THE BEACH VILLAS

they also have 5nt and more avail...

What's included & when
•Through Dec. 20, 2014
•$399 for three nights, $649 for five nights or $899 for seven nights
•Price is for two adults, plus up to two children 17 and younger stay free
•Accommodations in an oceanview room with a private lanai or balcony
•Complimentary shuttle service to and from Lihue airport, as well as area golf courses
•All stays include a $25 activity credit

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Take notice that this offer is at the Aqua hotel next door, not at the timeshare. It's a great hotel.

Dave

sorry, that's what I meant by resort as in Kauai Beach Resort, vs the Kauai Beach Villas.

that's the pool area others had mentioned that you would have access to.

and if you have any issues re: wake up calls, talk to this guy, he'll take care of ya :D

2013-02-10_13-37-11_651.jpg

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I like the hotel too - great place to add extra nights.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
We enjoy having breakfast at the hotel's outdoor eating area on sunny mornings. Looking across the grounds and pool area toward the ocean is a nice relaxing view.

Then having Happy Hour drinks in late afternoon by the barefoot bar just up from the beach is a great way to relax before dinner.

I'll be back at KBV next month for another great vacation. Looking forward to it.

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Did a Tugger win the auction? $832.88 with free closing is a great price for this unit!

Dave

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did a Tugger win the auction? $832.88 with free closing is a great price for this unit!

Dave

It depends if it came with free usage or not. The title says free usage, but there is nothing in the auction details that discusses it so it does make me wonder if the seller is really going to pay usage for 2015. It says first use in 2015, so if free usage is in the mix, it is a great deal.

Personally, I wasn't interested in the unit as I already own there, but I'm not a big fan of people posting links to "great deals" with respect to eBay auctions on here:

1. If everyone did that, it would clog up the board with auction references. IMHO, this should go into the Sightings area where people need to pay to access.

2. It drives up the price for someone who is truly scouring eBay on a weekly basis looking for that particular property.

I think $800+ is near or above market for this property with ocean view given the rental pool that is available from owners if it does not include 2015 usage.

Nothing personal. Just my personal opinion.

-ryan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, I watched that auction, but a lot of people bid early and ran up the price.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I watched that auction, but a lot of people bid early and ran up the price.

I thought you might be interested if it included 2015 usage? However, you mentioned you have 3 weeks already so it may be overkill.

I own 1 week at KBV and 1 week at Shearwater and I am nowhere close to retirement :bawl: -- so my wife would kill me if I picked up yet another week.

-ryan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was interested, but I thought the final price was too high, and of course, it's irritating when people bid early, and run the price up.

I have gotten my last 2 deeds (one bedroom ocean front) for free, so even for a 2 bdm., $800+ was a bit high.

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I was interested, but I thought the final price was too high, and of course, it's irritating when people bid early, and run the price up.

I have gotten my last 2 deeds (one bedroom ocean front) for free, so even for a 2 bdm., $800+ was a bit high.

It only irritates you but it drives me totally Flipping crazy.

Every once in a while the resort I want to buy comes up on eBay and I watch and watch until I pull my hair out because the bid gets way higher than it should.

Of course this is good for the sellers and one reason I won't deal with the sellers who use "private" auctions for timeshares. Very easy for them to start running the price up when they see more than one bidder.:crash::crash:

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I guess I don't see why it matters if people bid early. They were obviously
Going to bid higher than some people in this thread, what's the difference if
It's done early or latter?:shrug: it's just like live auctions for some items I want,
Sometimes I out within 3 seconds because the bidding goes too high too fast.

I still think this was a good deal especially if the person got a free week they
Could use, whether it was 2014 or 2015. These don't come up that often and
Maybe the days if the really cheap or free ones are gone on these but you never
Know.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bidding early runs up the price, because it snow balls. One person bids, then someone else has to top them, and so on and so forth. These people don't make one bid and then walk away and see what happens - they keep bidding again and again, every time someone out bids them. It's like they don't realize that bidding multiple times over 10 days makes no difference - it's only their final bid that matters.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
But maybe they were going to bid up to $2,000, they still think they got a
Good deal. I have seen bids go up over a thousand dollars in the last few
Seconds.

Does it matter that it ended at $800 in the first few days or the last
Few seconds, you weren't going to pay that much. I have tried it both ways,
Bidding early and waiting until the end. Won some lost some, I really don't think
It matters. For the past year I've just put in my max bid and leave it alone. No
Esnipe or anything and I still get the same results, sometimes no one else bids
And sometimes others bid and I win and other times I lose. :D