• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceanfront 2br Kauai Beach Villas on Ebay

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Last edited:

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score

LLW

TUG Member
Reaction score
8 bids by same person......
Still at $1.00

Ebay experts:
1. How do you know it's the same person?
2. Why would the same person bid 8 times at the same price?

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
If you click on the number of bids all the bids show up and it shows who the
Bidders are. If there is only one name that person bid all the bids. They
Probably just kept increasing their maximum bid. When someone else bids
You will see how high he went if you become the higher bid.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
If it was a different bidder, then the price would not stay at the start bid amount.

Ebay experts:
1. How do you know it's the same person?
2. Why would the same person bid 8 times at the same price?

If you click on the number of bids all the bids show up and it shows who the
Bidders are. If there is only one name that person bid all the bids. They
Probably just kept increasing their maximum bid. When someone else bids
You will see how high he went if you become the higher bid.

On this listing, as with all their auctions, the bidders are kept private. But if you click on the number of bids, it will show you how many bidders are bidding.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
We love this resort, and now that I'm retired, we'd like to acquire more weeks there, so I will have to keep an eye on this auction.

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
is this really a great deal?

also, how can they manage to do closings for free & free transfers?

if you wanted a good 2br trader you can get one for less than $1,435.48 in maint fees right?
I'm assuming prop taxes are extra, they don't list them or mention if they are included.

Last edited:

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
is this really a great deal?

if you wanted a good 2br trader you can get one for less than $1,435.48 in maint fees right? I'm assuming prop taxes are extra, they don't list them or mention if they are included.

This one is a buy to use. It is a dead-on oceanfront unit on Kauai.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
In Hawaii, property tax is included.

This is the kind of timeshare that you buy for your own personal use. It's not a big fancy resort - in fact, it's quiet, and has many units that are privately owned condos.

It's cheap, because it a relatively unknown resort, and the original owner probably paid a "relief company" to take it off their hands, so the relief company already made their money, and now they are just dumping it on ebay to get rid of it.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's cheap, because it a relatively unknown resort, and the original owner probably paid a "relief company" to take it off their hands, so the relief company already made their money, and now they are just dumping it on ebay to get rid of it.

It is also cheap because it typically doesn't rent for more than the maintenance fees, it can be had trading through RCI fairly easily IF you don't care about view (a bunch of April 2015 weeks recently appeared in one of my searches) and it is a fairly expensive trader when you consider the maintenance fees.

On the flip side, it is a great unit to own if you want an oceanfront view and you aren't expecting Westin/Marriott level accommodations.

-ryan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
True - and one reason for this is that you are competing with full-time condo owners at the resort who have a lower cost base, and can rent their timeshares for less money than timeshare owners.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
True - and one reason for this is that you are competing with full-time condo owners at the resort who have a lower cost base, and can rent their timeshares for less money than timeshare owners.

Fully concur with this -- I noticed the ads on craigslist and VRBO and wondered how they were covering their costs with such low rental prices (and some of these were ocean view). Then I noted that the unit was not in the Pahio pool of units.

-ryan

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fully concur with this -- I noticed the ads on craigslist and VRBO and wondered how they were covering their costs with such low rental prices (and some of these were ocean view). Then I noted that the unit was not in the Pahio pool of units.

-ryan

There is a full-time condo owner who lives there and also owns 5 other condos that he rents year-round.

He has a really nice place there himself - he bought two, 2 bdm. units and remodeled them to make a really big condo, ocean front, top floor.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
There is a full-time condo owner who lives there and also owns 5 other condos that he rents year-round.

He has a really nice place there himself - he bought two, 2 bdm. units and remodeled them to make a really big condo, ocean front, top floor.

Nice work if you can get it! I'll bet it's beautiful. There are currently six wholly-owned condos for sale at KBV, ranging in price from $249K to $469K. Guess which one is the oceanfront unit? ;)

http://www.realtor.com/realestatean...Kauai-Beach-Dr/beds-2/baths-2/price-na-250000

Dave

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When I win the lottery, I'm going to buy an OF condo there! :D

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This one is a buy to use. It is a dead-on oceanfront unit on Kauai.

How can you tell its Oceanfront unit? Is it the deeded H10/15? Can you decipher that for me?

The listing says that it is a Wyndham unit, but I didn't think Wyndham had the Oceanfront units -- maybe that is my mistake though (going purely from Wyndham's points chart).

Thanks very much -- and this does look like a great property!

Best,

Greg

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
How can you tell its Oceanfront unit? Is it the deeded H10/15? Can you decipher that for me?

The listing says that it is a Wyndham unit, but I didn't think Wyndham had the Oceanfront units -- maybe that is my mistake though (going purely from Wyndham's points chart).

Thanks very much -- and this does look like a great property!

Best,

Greg

This is the sort of thing owners know, but that isn't generally well understood.

Wyndham is the management company. They don't own the resort, but do manage all the timeshares at KBV. H10/15 means it's deeded unit H10 week 15. Since the timeshare weeks float, it's any week, 1-52, available to be reserved.

Kauai Beach Villas has eight buildings, numbered A through H. F, G, and H buildings are ocean view. Of those, G and H buildings are face-on oceanfront. Since the 2 bedroom units go all the way though the building, anything deeded in H building is oceanfront. (In addition, there are no 1 bedroom units in H building, so anything deeded in H is a 2 bedroom.)

Reserving a unit at KBV follows the view type you own. (The other 2br view is Lagoon View.) If you own in building A through E, all you can reserve is Lagoon View. Still nice, but not ocean view.) If you own in F, G, or H building, you can reserve ocean view. So owning in H building is as good as it gets. ;)

Dave

Last edited:

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
This is the sort of thing owners know, but that isn't generally well understood.

Wyndham is the management company. They don't own the resort, but do manage all the timeshares at KBV. H10/15 means it's deeded unit H10 week 15. Since the timeshare weeks float, it's any week, 1-52, available to be reserved.

Kauai Beach Villas has eight buildings, numbered A through H. F, G, and H buildings are ocean view. Of those, G and H buildings are face-on oceanfront. Since the 2 bedroom units go all the way though the building, anything deeded in H building is oceanfront. (In addition, there are no 1 bedroom units in H building, so anything deeded in H is a 2 bedroom.)

Reserving a unit at KBV follows the view type you own. (The other 2br view is Lagoon View.) If you own in building A through E, all you can reserve is Lagoon View. Still nice, but not ocean view.) If you own in F, G, or H building, you can reserve ocean view. So owning in H building is as good as it gets. ;)

Dave

Thank you for the translation -- looks like a great property and I hope a TUGger gets it!!! It's up to 11 bids now...(by the same bidder???)

Best,

Greg

levatino

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was staying in Princeville and had to drop someone off a the airport and, as a Wyndham owner, stopped by here to see a unit out of curiosity.

First I walked through the complex and it struck me as a development for lower income families/people (by Hawaii standards) and idiotic looking decorations strewn across the balconies left over from last Christmas. Its surrounded by a neighboring property, and the parking and ambiance had all the charm of a high rise suburban ant farm.

When I arrived at the model unit, I thought it was extremely dated. The lock was practically coming off the door. I was unimpressed, to be kind. When I told the front desk people I came from Princeville, they made a point to tell me the units where going to be refurbished.

It was hard for me to feel excited about the prospect of staying here, even with my Wyndham points (which I think I have a rather good $/point ratio).

my 2 cents,
P.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The entire resort is called the Kauai Beach Resort and it consists of the hotel, managed by Aqua, and the timeshare, managed by Wyndham. Timeshare guests can use the very nice amenities at the hotel. The hotel has the fancy pools, bars, and restaurants, that the timeshare side lacks.

Although they are newly redecorated, the TS's are not upscale, and they do not have that "busy/lots of activities" resort feel - so it's not for everybody.

It's number one charm is the very close to the water 180 degree ocean front views, and that's why we love it. We aren't "mega" resort people - over the years we have found that we much prefer a quiet condo experience - rather than a busy, crowded resort.

2 Lanai Views:

LanaiView.jpg

SwimArea.jpg

Hotel Pools

kauai-beach-resort.jpg

Last edited:

letsgosteelers

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lot's of great info here. I knew it looked familiar but wasn't sure how or if it was related to the KBR. We were told this was once a Hilton managed property.

We stayed there in an oceanfront room on our first trip to Kauai in Feb '13 and we loved it. It was very nice and the views were great. We didn't really care for the buffet/restaurant and did our own thing so we saved some money by not adding the buffet/person fee but the resort was very clean and the staff friendly and helpful.

The maint fee did seem a little high as I don't think we would go there every year and found that rentals could be found for less so I don't think its for us but good luck to whoever goes for it.

It's also in a great location especially if you will be spending much of your time on the east / north side beaches, etc.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Hotel used to be managed by Hilton, but for 2-3 years they have been managed by Aqua. We have never eaten at the buffet, but the pool bar has good food at reasonable prices, and a fun atmosphere.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
also, how can they manage to do closings for free & free transfers?

The seller, timesharemommy29, must have a timeshare resale business and charges owners that are willing to pay to get rid of their timeshare. I just lost bidding on a week at the Point at Poipu. The winning bid was $102. The seller has many other properties for sale, and has a good reputation.

Did anyone watch House Hunters when two guys were looking at a KBV unit? One of the guys was a real comedian.