• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oceana Palms Room Request

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
We booked 2 days at Oceana Palms prior to and following our cruise out of Ft Lauderdale in December - since we got a discounted military rate we wanted to arrive a little early and extend the cruise vacation by a day or two! We are really excited at the opportunity of checking out this resort that we've heard so much about.

Today we received a reservation request form from Marriott........do we want a North or South view......or a High / Middle / Lower floor request? We need to choose what's most important. So - anyone have a suggestion?

Anything else we should be aware of or requesting upon check in? (we can always ask.....)

My son and daughter are flying into the Palm Beach Airport. I know that there's no transportation offered by the resort - has anyone taken a taxi; familiar with the best transportation options and cost? We'll be driving down from SCarolina and won't arrive till later that evening. The day of the cruise we'll all drive to the pier in Ft Lauderdale (I'm thinking about an hour??)

Thank you!
Judy

Lardan

Reaction score
Someone will come along with more knowledge than me. I just wanted to say it sounds like you have a great vacation planned. I'm sure it will be as great as you hope.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You want a high view and want the sunny side of the building - south side? Funtime

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Transportation?

Thanks.
Any other suggestions.....or information regarding transportation/taxi from Palm Beach Airport?

Judy

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed in three different villas at Oceana Palms, and all had great views. The South side has a better view of the Innercoastal, but both sides have excellent ocean/ beach views. Since villas start on the 9th flr, I actually prefer a 'lower' or middle floor.

My daughter took a taxi to Ocean Pointe a couple of years ago, and I think the fare was about $40. I suggest checking the concierge desk at Oceana Palms or the nearbye Marriott Singer Island resort for current costs and options. You will love Oceana Palms and Singer Island. I recommend dining at Carmines Latrattoria if you have an opportunity.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
I'm leaving for Oceana Palms tomorrow for a week. How far is it to Carmines? I'm looking for a place to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday.:cheer: :cheer:

Paumavista

TUG Member
Reaction score
Please post back........

I'm leaving for Oceana Palms tomorrow for a week. How far is it to Carmines? I'm looking for a place to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday.:cheer: :cheer:

Suzanne, hope you have a wonderful trip. Post back with any information to share since I will be arriving on the 10th (and the 20th :whoopie: ) - I'm still looking for any tips/suggestions.

Judy

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
We're on the 19th floor oceanview south facing. I exchanged my Frenchman's Cove for this so I wasn't high on the pecking order so I'm pleased. It is beautiful. We just arrived today. Hope the rain stops soon. Windy, raining and warm. The surf is crazy.
We ate at 2 Drunken Goats which turned out to be walking distance. It was a casual Tex Mex place. I have to do some more driving around to figure out where everything is. So far i've managed to duck the concierge but I've only been here 4 hours! After he left, I tried to get a restaurant list from the desk clerk and she said he locks everything up before he leaves.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Also, there is a beautiful new Publix right before you go over the bridge to Singer Island. I'ts been open less than a week. The parking garage is on the roof.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score

Carmine's is about 15 minutes northeast of Oceana Palms on PGA Blvd. Turn right from the parking lot, procede north, cross the bridge and it will be on your right in a shopping center. If you are using a Garmin, look for Latrattoria. I suggest asking the concierge to make reservations for you because it can be very busy. Although I seldom order steak in a restaurant in FL, their filet is fantastic and often on special. If the weather cooperates, outdoor dining is our preference.

Enjoy your trip and happy birthday to your friend!

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also recommend the Bonefish Grill next to the Publix north of the resort right before you get to PGA. We often get a carryout to enjoy with a good bottle of wine on the balcony.