• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean City and Hanna

Princess Sunflower

TUG Member
Reaction score
Leaving for Ocean High in Ocean City, Maryland tomorrow. At first it looked like all we would get is alot of rain and wind but now I'm kinda getting worried from what I'm reading on the Net. I called the resort today but the woman who answered didn't have any idea about the storm !?! to offer advice. :bawl:

Would appreciate any advice if you live nearby.

Thanks

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean City will get a lot of rain, but by the time Hanna gets that far north it should have already hit parts of the coast south of Ocean City or perhaps be quite a bit off the coast. It won't be huricane force by then.

Princess Sunflower

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found out my neighbor is down there on vacation and he said we should be fine. Just a lot of rain with 20-30 mph winds.

I'm bringing extra flashlights and candles and peanut butter and jelly and tuna fish in case the electric goes out.

Big Matt, thanks for your info.

Don

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many times in the past, weaker, slow moving storms that made landfall along that part of the coast have followed the coastline. When they come to Cape Hatteras, they keep going out to sea. There's a chance this could happen again.

Princess Sunflower

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to report we had alot of wind and torrential rain for a few hours in the afternoon. Didn't see any flooding except near the storm drains that emptied quickly. On Saturday morning we ventured out and went down to the Inlet Pier Parking lot and spent a good part of the day with the lifeguards and newsreporters watching the storm surge come in. We left late afternoon when the heavy rains came. Early evening the rain stopped and we were back on the boardwalk. It was actually cool to watch the waves. The bad part was we couldn't go swimming because of the rip tides then the outside air temps dipped into the 70's.