• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Boulevard rack rate

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
Can anyone tell me what the rack rate for purchasing points at Ocean Boulevard is at this time? Or can you tell me where I can find that information? Thank you.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
By "rack rate" do you mean the price at which Wyndham indicates the initial offering for a developer purchase? It's the same for all points regardless of where the points are deeded, the only variable is the MF's at the underlying resort.

I believe CWA and CWP points are offered at $220 or $225 and Presidential Reserve is offered at $250. I know the PR price as it was just quoted to me.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
:bawl:
By "rack rate" do you mean the price at which Wyndham indicates the initial offering for a developer purchase? It's the same for all points regardless of where the points are deeded, the only variable is the MF's at the underlying resort.

I believe CWA and CWP points are offered at $220 or $225 and Presidential Reserve is offered at $250. I know the PR price as it was just quoted to me.

Really?? Yes that's what mean. Thanks. I assume you mean 220.00/1000 points. That's crazy. I have a friend who purchased a couple months ago (without consulting me)? He insists he got a good deal. I to him he's out of his mind. Obviously a bad deal compared to resale but as far as developer goes maybe 224000 points at 175.00/1000 is okay. Too late to recind. Just wanted to put in perspective for home before he makes another purchase.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got a price of over $200 per 1000 points about 10 months ago. Yes, people BUY at that price and higher!

And that is WHY they THINK we are lying to them when we tell them that the SAME points package can be brought for around $500 IF they pay the closing fees ($299 Wyndham transfer fee plus $150 closing fee plus the $35-50 recording fee).

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have bought recently for $130/1000 may this yr

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry, I thought the question was what the rack rate was, not the OTD price. Obviously there is a lot of room for the OTD to be different depending upon a variety of factors.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm finding that out now. I don't understand your short hand. An earlier conversation mentioned some retail prices $225.00/1000 points.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm finding that out now. I don't understand your short hand. An earlier conversation mentioned some retail prices $225.00/1000 points.

Correct, I believe that is the current "list" price, which is always "discounted" and usually bonused up to get a new member to Silver VIP.

I'm curious why the OP wanted to know the rack rate?

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I'm curious why the OP wanted to know the rack rate?

I have a friend who purchased a couple months ago (without consulting me)? He insists he got a good deal. I to him he's out of his mind. Obviously a bad deal compared to resale but as far as developer goes maybe 224000 points at 175.00/1000 is okay. Too late to recind. Just wanted to put in perspective for him before he makes another purchase.

He wanted to illustrate the bad deal his friend got paying $39,200 versus the rack rate of $49,280 or the ebay rate of $3000 (depending on what you purchase).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Many buyers truly do NOT understand "Bonus Points" and temporary VIP levels.

The sales staff makes it SOUND like you got a SPECIAL deal buying the "returned" inventory, the closeout special, or less MFs at the other resort, etc.

TUG taught me MUCH on what is a "DEAL" and what is NOT!

In today's prices and restricted USAGE ... take your $35,000-55,000 buy in retail costs and use the savings in interest to pay for "perks" gained via a VIP direct purchase.

Unless, your plan is to be a megarenter .... which has its own issues.

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
He wanted to illustrate the bad deal his friend got paying $39,200 versus the rack rate of $49,280 or the ebay rate of $3000 (depending on what you purchase).

But how does the rack rate tell him that? It's like the rack rate of a motel room that's never sold at that rate.

Sometimes the hook is, "wow, I can't believe THAT came back in inventory...we never get that... it has to go through XYZ for approval to see if we can even offer it..."

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
But how does the rack rate tell him that? It's like the rack rate of a motel room that's never sold at that rate.It doesn't

It doesn't. The better gauge is the fair market resale price adding in the limited value of the developer benefits that Linda alluded to versus the cost he paid directly to the developer.