• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Oahu-Maui on the Superferry

Kauai Kid

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
From Oct 08 Hawaii Magazine:

528 am In line for inspection at Honolulu Harbor
605 am Cars lined up inside the 350 foot Alakai, 12,000 hp
645 am Exiting the Harbor
730 Hahalua Lounge, 1st class upgrade +$20
840 Coming around Maui's north coast
942 Driving off boat at Kahului Harbor

The Kalohi Channel between Lanai and Molokai left the writer zigzagging like he had failed a sobriety test.

The Pailolo (crazy fisherman) Channel between Molokai and Maui left the writer fighting nausea. He thought the hull was lifting out of the water and bouncing back. Ginger pills are complementary.

Will be our only option when all interisland airlines shut down even though it doesn't sound appealing to me at all.

Sterling

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
why do you think all the airlines will shut down??

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yee, Ellen as a Philly girl, you aren't passing the writer's sarcasism test. :rolleyes:

I noticed that the 4+ hour time line for what was mostly a puddle-jumper run by the airlines as a real clunker. Plus, having been on a North Atlantic cruise, rough seas usually means falling passengers (broken bones). And the $20 upgrade to lounge vs a ferry's wooden bench seat. And I always get seasick on any boat or ship, moving or not.

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
After recommending to my parents that it was bad idea to take the ferry, they decided to take the ferry after all. I said you will get sea sick since they always do.
Few days before departure, I canceled the flight and bought them the SuperFerry tickets since it was their 50th anniversity.
I dropped them off and it took 5 minutes to check in and for them to take 4 bags without any fees. My parents took water and food since they were afraid they would be hungry for 4 hours. they got $20 discount and saved us $50 for extra baggage fees I had to pay if we all flew.
I got a call 10 minutes before their departure and they said they would have paid $500 each person to ride this boat. They said this is one of the best present I could have gave them. They liked WKORV but this was even better.
After ferry left the pier, I talked to them for 30 more minutes before I had to go. I didn't know signals could go so far.
When i arrived at Oahu with Hawaiin air, they called me right after and they arrived early. They loved the boat and rated 95 out of 100. They wished we could have experienced what they experienced.
They had bunch of dolphins following them and jumping up and down for 30 minutes of their ride. I regret riding the plane but I had to since I had a rental car to return and a baby. They also watched TV most of the way and even bought food/lunch and they loved the food.
It was only a hundred people on board so they had the whole ship to themselves.
My parents get sea sick a lot but this time they didn't feel a thing.

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yee, Ellen as a Philly girl, you aren't passing the writer's sarcasism test. :rolleyes:

I noticed that the 4+ hour time line for what was mostly a puddle-jumper run by the airlines as a real clunker. Plus, having been on a North Atlantic cruise, rough seas usually means falling passengers (broken bones). And the $20 upgrade to lounge vs a ferry's wooden bench seat. And I always get seasick on any boat or ship, moving or not.

:doh:
Sorry for the duh moment. I read about the pilot strike and thought maybe DUH - there was - oh forget it . :hysterical:

I'm going to fly from Oahu to Kauai, though the last post got me thinking it could be fun with the kids. It doesn't go to Kauia,does it?

Kauai Kid

TUG Member
Reaction score
After recommending to my parents that it was bad idea to take the ferry, they decided to take the ferry after all. I said you will get sea sick since they always do.
Few days before departure, I canceled the flight and bought them the SuperFerry tickets since it was their 50th anniversity.
I dropped them off and it took 5 minutes to check in and for them to take 4 bags without any fees. My parents took water and food since they were afraid they would be hungry for 4 hours. they got $20 discount and saved us $50 for extra baggage fees I had to pay if we all flew.
I got a call 10 minutes before their departure and they said they would have paid $500 each person to ride this boat. They said this is one of the best present I could have gave them. They liked WKORV but this was even better.
After ferry left the pier, I talked to them for 30 more minutes before I had to go. I didn't know signals could go so far.
When i arrived at Oahu with Hawaiin air, they called me right after and they arrived early. They loved the boat and rated 95 out of 100. They wished we could have experienced what they experienced.
They had bunch of dolphins following them and jumping up and down for 30 minutes of their ride. I regret riding the plane but I had to since I had a rental car to return and a baby. They also watched TV most of the way and even bought food/lunch and they loved the food.
It was only a hundred people on board so they had the whole ship to themselves.
My parents get sea sick a lot but this time they didn't feel a thing.

What do tickets cost? If there were only 100 people on board I wonder how long it will be before they go chapter 11? I've always been amazed that Dolphins are able to swim so fast. Where did you return the baby and how much was the baby rental fee? :D

Sterling

Sterling

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm going to fly from Oahu to Kauai, though the last post got me thinking it could be fun with the kids. It doesn't go to Kauai ,does it?

No. Not yet.

They are building a second superferry, but I wouldn't count on being able to take it to Kauai any time soon.

The original plan with the first superferry was one trip to Maui and one trip to Kauai each day. But they scrapped the Kauai plan for now, and they run 1 or 2 trips to Maui every day now. (I think it's 2 on most days, but some days it might be just 1.) The details are on their web site. With the second superferry, they were going to add service to the Big Island.

-David

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do tickets cost? If there were only 100 people on board I wonder how long it will be before they go chapter 11?

Sterling

I think it's $49 per person now. They also carry cars, trucks and cargo.

-David

Liz Wolf-Spada

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like it might be a different way to get back to Honolulu from Mauai before flying to Kauai and when I called Hawaiian it was $125 for each of us Maui to Kona.
Liz

FlyKaesan

TUG Member
Reaction score
What do tickets cost? If there were only 100 people on board I wonder how long it will be before they go chapter 11? I've always been amazed that Dolphins are able to swim so fast. Where did you return the baby and how much was the baby rental fee? :D

Sterling

Sterling

I think seniors gets $10 off per person. Normal fees are 49. I am not sure how long they will last but most locals take them although definitely I will try to take the ferry next time I visit, that is maybe after 10 years later.
I don't think Ferry goes that fast, or do they? I returned the baby at Alamo and went back after arriving back at the airport. I went back to get my baby but I still forgot some of the CD music I left in the car.