• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC with 3 1/2 year old

Jeni

TUG Member
Reaction score
Headed to NJ weekend of 10/10 and planning to take my son into NYC on Saturday. I'm not trying to pack everything into one day, as we are in this area about 4xs/year, but this will be his first visit. We will take the train into Grand Central, planned to go to Times Square (M&M World, Toys R Us, etc.). Was also planning on Empire State, but both decks will be closed- is Top of the Rock a good 2nd choice?

I'd really like to stay within a walking radius of 10-15 blocks from the Times Square area for his first visit. Suggestions, including lunch stop, greatly appreciated! :D

Also, my mom keeps mentioning an exhibit that was in the McGraw Hill Building when I was a kid (in the 70s)- called "The New York Experience." Anyone know if that is still around?

Last edited:

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Top Of The Rock is even better than Empire - not as cramped, more room to roam (but still safe) and a better view -- you can see the Empire State Building -- and the vast expanse of Central Park almost at your feet is fabulous.

As for food - right where you have to purchase the tickets for Top/Rock in the underground concourse are many shops where you can take away food and eat at little tables indoors overlooking the ice skating rink. (rink opens for the season oct. 11). Might be more appealing than another restaurant meal, and can save some $$ too.
Cucina, (good Italian/deli type place) Hale and Hearty Soups, (and salads) Ben and Jerrys, Starbucks are all good choices, plus many more.

wauhob3

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
An amusing theme restaurant for a child would be Mars 2112.

www.mars2112.com

Restaurant.com used to have certificates there and you may want to take a look there for savings.

Jeni

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, can anyone advise me on taking the train from Dover, NJ into NYC. I think you used to have to go to Newark and take the PATH, but heard there may be a direct??? When I check the NJ Transit site, I cannot tell if the train from Dover goes right into the city, or if I need to stop elsewhere and switch trains. Thanks-

Updated- disregard...was able to find a schedule from Dover to Penn Station.

Last edited: