• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

NYC restaurant suggestions near Central at 5th Hilton Club?

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I have plenty of restaurants on my list for when staying at the Quinn or West 57th, but the next trip is to Central at 5th.

Does anyone have any (walkable) restaurant recommendations they can pass on?

Thanks.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I have been using the Trip Advisor forums for a lot of questions I have about specific locations. The folks on the New York City forum are very helpful. You can get recommendations from people who both live in NYC and visit there.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
It has been a long time since I visited TA @Luanne I wonder if my login would even work. TUG is a comfort-zone and I love hearing answers from TUGers -- I also bookmark quite a few threads here to use as resources for other trips. But yes, point taken, there are other good sources of travel information. :)

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
It has been a long time since I visited TA @Luanne I wonder if my login would even work. TUG is a comfort-zone and I love hearing answers from TUGers -- I also bookmark quite a few threads here to use as resources for other trips. But yes, point taken, there are other good sources of travel information. :)
I like getting input from TUGGERs as well. But I find that the TA forums have been providing me more information for some locations that I can get here.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Via Brasil (Brazilian food) 34 W 46th St. One of my favorites.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Are you asking about the location of the Hilton Club The Central at 5th Ave? If so, we like Sean's Bar & Kitchen, on 48th between 5th & 6th.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Are you asking about the location of the Hilton Club The Central at 5th Ave? If so, we like Sean's Bar & Kitchen, on 48th between 5th & 6th.
Yes. "The Central at 5th" at 12 E 48th St. I'm going to go add Hilton Club into the title in case people come to this from the homepage and not the HGVC forum.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
Smith & Wollensky is also walking distance. Haven't been there for a few years so check recent reviews.

Yama Ramen is within walking distance. It's very close to Sean's.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
You may want to look at TripAdvisor's nearby restaurant reviews

The Quinn is across the street from the West 57th location so any suggestions for either will work for both.
However compared to the other Hilton Club locations in New York City, Central at 5th is still relatively new. We don't have any reviews in the TUG Resort Review Database and very few threads regarding Central at 5th. It's also the first year Central at 5th has been sighted in RCI.

I hope you have a great time. Please share your thoughts and restaurant recommendations when you get back.

Daisydawg

Reaction score
Hi! I stayed at the Central at 5th with my daughter in December for 3 nights. we were there the week before Christmas so it was very busy. Also, she’s 16 so we avoided fine dining. We had breakfast from Ess-a-bagel, Maman (our favorite breakfast), and Tipsy Baker (not nearly as good as Maman). We had dinner one night at Bill’s Burger Bar. It was pretty good and quick. Most of our other meals were in other parts of the city. I wanted to go to Joe’s Home of Soup Dumplings, which is right across the street, but the timing did not work out for us.

Enjoy your visit! We liked the Central at 5th. It was the perfect location for a December visit to NYC. There was some construction noise in the middle of the night so pack you ear plugs. Hopefully it’s done by your visit.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Would you be willing to share your list for W57th? I'm always looking for new places-
Sorry but my list isn't a real list I can pass on, I keep a bunch of bookmarks to various restaurants I have been to or want to check out. Most of them came from this thread which you may have already seen:

and this one too...