• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Not all prices are dropping?

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
I've been watching ebay auction for 2bedroom HYATT WINDWARD POINTE KEY WEST. It's up to $9000 with another day to go. What makes some timeshares so much more attractive than others? Supply & demand? Location? Quality?

AnnaO

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Powder Ridge Village
All of the above.
I guess what I ment was..which locations are attractive? Where and when does demand exceeds supply? Does a brand name of a big chain matter?

DanM

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, brand name matters for people who only want that brand. A rare fixed week could also be important. Also ignorance of the resale market.

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Not only does brand name matter, but supply and demand also enters in. Key West is a highly desirable location which is not overbuilt. Compared to Las Vegas (overdeveloped) and Orlando (outrageously overdeveloped), Key West has a relatively low supply of TS units and is a favorite destination for snowbirds.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes.

I've been watching ebay auction for 2bedroom HYATT WINDWARD POINTE KEY WEST. It's up to $9000 with another day to go. What makes some timeshares so much more attractive than others? Supply & demand? Location? Quality?

Yes. All of the above. As above poster mentioned, demand consistently exceeds supply in Key West (except perhaps for hurricane season weeks). There are only a handful of timeshare resorts in all of Key West.

The particular, specific eBay listing to which you refer has been discussed in the Florida forum here recently. This particular week was recently immediately "relisted", for reasons unknown, after having been previously "won" days earlier for $13.2K. My guess is that it will undoubtedly be "won" again for at least that much. It's a very nice facility, actually --- just a not-so-good location (in my opinion) within Key West itself, compared to most others. Developer-direct purchase price at HWP is $43k :eek:

Last edited:

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
theo: We'll be in Key West in Feb. Why isn't Windward Pointe in a desirable location, just curious. We are staying in Westin five nights since we couldn't snag a trade there. Would you recommend spending a whole day going to the Dry Tortugas if we just have 5 nights?

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
theo: We'll be in Key West in Feb. Why isn't Windward Pointe in a desirable location, just curious. We are staying in Westin five nights since we couldn't snag a trade there. Would you recommend spending a whole day going to the Dry Tortugas if we just have 5 nights?

The location of Hyatt Windward Pointe on S. Roosevelt Blvd is much too near to the airport for my liking and, being a bit isolated, too far away from most anything and everything of interest to me in Key West. The only worse timeshare location in KW is Coconut Mallory (which also isn't as nice a facility as Hyatt Windward Pointe). On an "island" which is only about 4 miles long in the first place, I don't particularly want to have to drive much, if at all, but that's just me and my own personal preference and opinion.

The Dry Tortugas run is your personal decision. I for one would not much want to spend one (out of only 5) KW vacation days on a "ferry". YMMV.

Last edited:

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Would you recommend spending a whole day going to the Dry Tortugas if we just have 5 nights?

After three days on the streets of Key West, you'll have seen what there is to see and know Duval Street intimately. You'll be looking for someting further afield and more interesting. The trip to the Tortugas fits the bill.

I view it as one of those unique life experiences that any adventurous traveller ought to do once, if they have the chance. Admitted, its a been easier for me, being a resident of Florida. However, IMHO, it would be a shame to be so close, and not use the opportunity.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
talent: Good point, thank you!