• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

newbie with DAE

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've looked at the website and am intrigued. My question is: how do they rate your exchange? I'm looking for Bali or area and like what I see in their directory. Do they determine the exchange on when you deposit or the need for your resort. I've been with RCI and II for years and they seem to play their own games on who gets what. What is the system for priority with DAE?

jkkee

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've looked at the website and am intrigued. My question is: how do they rate your exchange? I'm looking for Bali or area and like what I see in their directory. Do they determine the exchange on when you deposit or the need for your resort. I've been with RCI and II for years and they seem to play their own games on who gets what. What is the system for priority with DAE?

With DAE you put something in and you can take something out. You can view thier availability online, and anything that is there you can exchange into. I haven't exchanged with them yet, but I do have 2 weeks with them, and plan on doing something with them.

geekette

Reaction score
No rating, no priority. Open to all, level playing field regardless of what you deposit and how far in advance.

malyons

TUG Member
Reaction score
No rating, no priority. Open to all, level playing field regardless of what you deposit and how far in advance.

is it also level in terms of the size of the room? ie, can a 1BR trade for a 2BR if available? or is it a like-unit exchange?

geekette

Reaction score
You can trade up, trade down, trade even, whatever. It really is "1 week in, 1 week out" where all weeks are presumed equal.

mamiecarter

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Place a request

Best way to get what you want is to place a request. You can get anything DAE can get even if you deposit a studio.

sabom50

TUG Member
Reaction score
exchanges

when I use the DAE homepage to search for resorts I always get a negative response. Do I have to join before I can search for availability?

beanb41

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you click on the banner at the top of the page and enter in the country you want to visit and states etc plus time of year all available properties spring up without being a member. To get to find out bonus weeks etc you must be a member. Membership is free so why not join up.

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
The other thing to remember is that DAE has trading partners who can get inventory that never shows up on their inventory list. That's how they got me spring Cayman Islands, summer French Riviera, summer UK canalboat, etc.
But you have to be a member to put in a request.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Having limited $$ to fly anywhere in 2009 I am greatly dismayed to see that in the entire DAE current inventory there are 147 units for the entire year in the USA. That is an incredibly low number.

beanb41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandy it is only January and two days into the month at that. Many people have not yet planned their holidays for 2009 and as such have not yet decided whether to holiday at their home resort or deposit their weeks with an exchange company. If you want a particular week in a particular place put in a request.

Ask DAE

TUG Member
Reaction score
Correct. We are receiving inventory deposits now as maintenance fee payments being made by owners all over the US.

Also, we are currently processing bulk deposits and new inventory for the year now. We are definitely stronger Internationally, but continue to grow our US inventory every year.

Also understand that we fulfiull most of our exchanges by request. So request a destination or specific resorts online or by phone and we can work to source your request specifically.

Every day as new inventory is loaded into our systems, non-requested inventory is posted live, but inventory that is matched to a requested week is held in a "net" until we let the requester know that their requested week has come in.

Thanks for the observation and comment. Keep an eye out - you will see the domestic inventory list jump in a bit.