• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New York over Thanksgiving or December

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
We're looking at taking our adult kids to NYC for a few days before the end of the year. Based on vacation dates, etc. options appear to be 1) arriving Thanksgiving afternoon and staying until the following Monday 2) the Friday - Tuesday before Christmas.

Anyone had experience with those dates in terms of Thanksgiving week end vs. one in December? How busy will it be in NYC? (Someone's told me that's a very busy time to go.) I used to go in December for work trips and loved all the lights, etc., but didn't do sightseeing things.

Any special recommendations for that time in NYC? We'll probably do a play or 2 and some of the typical sightseeing stuff. We've been before, so are flexible. Hopefully, we can score something at the TKTS booth for at least 1 play.

SMHarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is this parade thing with balloons and stuff on the Thursday. Central Park West from AMNH to Columbus Circle and 6th ave to Macy's are a zoo. You should miss that.

Beyond that it is usual holiday busy. Your list sounds a good plan.

Enjoy a walk in fall in central park or riverside park Or the high line. Get lost in central park rambles.

Marathoner

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, both of those weeks will be busy in the city. And cold. But I think the Thanksgiving weekend is preferable because it is not as cold and is not as dark. And all the festivities are available on Thanksgiving except for the Rockefeller Center tree. There are lots of good Thanksgiving dinner restaurants that you can book on Thanksgiving day.

I would recommend seeing the play, Hand to God.

The activities that you can do over that weekend are pretty much the same as most weekends which are all fun/memorable:
- Ice skating at Bryant Park
- Visiting the WTC memorial
- Nice dinners - I recommend trying Il Buco (an Italian restaurant)
- Burger lunch at Shake Shack
- Drink at a pub like The Spotted Pig or a Speakeasy like PDT or Employees Only. By the way, if you like cocktails, the best speakeasy in Manhattan may be the Dead Rabbit in the financial district.

Last edited:

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
How busy will it be in NYC?

Fifth Avenue gets overrun by tourists throughout the pre-Christmas season.

That's not a reason to stay away from NYC. Just skip Fifth Avenue!

kctime

Banned
Reaction score
Agreed on the attractions. All the Xmas stuff is up starting from Thanksgiving. And speaking as someone who used to have to get from 6th Ave to 2nd Ave every night to get home, the Rockefeller Xmas is way overcrowded for the last couple weeks before Xmas.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk