• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham rewards card

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the presentation it was brought up that there is a new card. Has a $69 fee but you receive 5 points per dollar

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bigrob

TUG Member
Reaction score
At the presentation it was brought up that there is a new card. Has a $69 fee but you receive 5 points per dollar

What are these "points" good for?

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hotel discounts, at 30,000 points you receive a free night at one of thier hotels. From that point, there's a share the cost of the room for lesser points. Also use to pay MF.

There are other perks as well but can't remember them.

Problem with all credit cards is knowing was it buys, what a point is worth in real dollars. 5points one one card, may be worth less than 1 point on another.

Last edited:

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is 15000 point for free night at Wyndham hotel

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another half truth at a sales presentation.

Do you expect the whole truth from a sales weasel? You are lucky if you get a half truth from them...

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as one has the ability to distinguish between the two.

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one of those cards but no yearly fee. Get point for elegible dollar spent. Set my mf fees on it. Barclay is the bank. Also got Wyndham Perks free year membership but not a fan of it. I will cancel when time come. As for the credit card, they ran a promo three weeks ago where you can convert cc points for stays at select Wyndham condos. That is a benefit.

Mike

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got one of those cards but no yearly fee. Get point for elegible dollar spent. Set my mf fees on it. Barclay is the bank. Also got Wyndham Perks free year membership but not a fan of it. I will cancel when time come. As for the credit card, they ran a promo three weeks ago where you can convert cc points for stays at select Wyndham condos. That is a benefit.

Mike

MF's do not earn the Wyndham rate which is a shame.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
It is 15000 point for free night at Wyndham hotel

Yep, at any Wyndham hotel. It's strange they don't have some sort of sliding scale like most other hotel loyalty programs.

So, 15,000 points is needed whether you want a reservation at a Wyndham Garden in Manhattan or a Super 8 in Fort Wayne, IN.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, at any Wyndham hotel. It's strange they don't have some sort of sliding scale like most other hotel loyalty programs.

So, 15,000 points is needed whether you want a reservation at a Wyndham Garden in Manhattan or a Super 8 in Fort Wayne, IN.
That is true. All the same point value. That was brought up at the sales presentation this week as one of the benifits of the new card, although is true of old card as well.