• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Wyndham Owner (Please Help!)

Jason S

Reaction score
I am in the process of closing on my first timeshare (what a long process!). Buying 2 deeds at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation 350K points. Since I am buying resale I was told by Wyndham that the points cannot count torward VIP status and this will affect how far out I can book. Also how do Wyndham points translate to RCI points? I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Debbyd57

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can book at 10 months out at any of the Wyndham resorts and you will have ARP at your home resort.

If you want to exchange through RCI, you have to do a weeks exchange. You choose the number of points you want to use, and Wyndham will choose the resort to deposit into RCI. You will not have RCI points through Wyndham but if your points are Fairshare plus points, you can use them to book a "nights stay" for I think it is 2-7 nights at the RCI points resorts that Wyndham has through their Fairshare plus program. You pay an extra fee plus use your points. I think it is all or most of the RCI points resorts.

Debby

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of closing on my first timeshare (what a long process!). Buying 2 deeds at Wyndham Seawatch Plantation 350K points. Since I am buying resale I was told by Wyndham that the points cannot count torward VIP status and this will affect how far out I can book. Also how do Wyndham points translate to RCI points? I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Wyndham points ARE NOT RCI points. - To book at a RCI resort you have to:

- Call Wyndham
- Request to bank a week based on season (white,blue,red) and it will cost you a certain number of points per type of week. I usually only bank a 28,000 pt week (white) for bookings I plan to make a year ahead, or 70,000 pt (1 bd red week) for more difficult trades

- They will connect you to RCI to do a search first (I always request a search first, so I can get my points to RCI quicker)

- You are then connected to an RCI Rep who will take your travel request and payment of $169 (in US) or $199 (outside of US)

VIP - don't worry about it. It doesn't affect your ability to book anything

Jason S

Reaction score
How far in advance is ARP? So to bank with RCI do you bank whatever a weeks worth of points at your resort are for the season you are looking at, or is it 70,000 Wyndham points will get you a week in the summer? Thanks for taking the time to help out.

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
How far in advance is ARP? So to bank with RCI do you bank whatever a weeks worth of points at your resort are for the season you are looking at, or is it 70,000 Wyndham points will get you a week in the summer? Thanks for taking the time to help out.

ARP is From 13 month to 10 month. That only works internally. If you want go Sea Watch at summer, after that period, you will not have any chance to get a unit.

As to RCI, it is subject to trading power. So it is very hard to say how many point deposit you need. If you are looking for places few people care/know to go, 28k may as good as 70k, if you are looking for beach front, 70 k is not good enough, if you are looking for resort 1/2 mile to beach, 70k maybe good enough. If you are looking for city, it will not be good. All depends on this man made trading power.

Jya-Ning

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think you already miss the 2009 Summer Sea Watch reservation period.

You may still be able to catch Ocean Blvd. Since with Sea Watch, you should be able to ARP there also. It may be smaller than sea Watch, and not really that nice than SW, and cost more point that SW, but it is much newer.

If you want to do that, call your seller or closing company, ask them to make the reseravtion, and transfer it to you. You may still be able to catch early Aug reservation.

Jya-Ning