• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Website: Unit size upgrades being revoked

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Just FYI - but there is a report on the Wyndham FB group of a member that received an unit size upgrade using the new automated process, only to subsequently have the upgrade cancelled by Wyndham.

Reportedly the member received the upgrade automatically on May 22 (Mon), after requesting the upgrade using the new process. Printed the confirmation of the upgraded unit, and has the original confirmation. Subsequently received an email and reports:

"My upgrades on two reservations are no longer valid, and I must return to my original reservations. Computer error!"

I have always believed that one data point does not make a trend, but has anyone has this happen?

Has anyone received an automatic upgrade using the new process?

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
If that upgrade left a one bed unit, then that could have been booked by someone else.

I was surprised this week how acqush members were to book and upgrade this past week with an unproven system.

Perhaps the fortuate ones were those locked out.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
From the Wyn Facebook group:
"Just got an email from Wyndham. My upgrades on two reservations are no longer valid, and I must return to my original reservations. Computer error! Since I have already invited grandkids, now I must uninvite them. My arrival date is Wednesday. What a bummer!"
These were automatic upgrades after the changeover, and there are three people in the thread saying they received similar emails.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So far I have only seen that one report. Hopefully it won't happen to anyone else but if it does please let the rest of us know.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So far I have only seen that one report. Hopefully it won't happen to anyone else but if it does please let the rest of us know.

See my edited post - three people saying they've had it happen.

ilya

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the Wyn Facebook group:
"Just got an email from Wyndham. My upgrades on two reservations are no longer valid, and I must return to my original reservations. Computer error! Since I have already invited grandkids, now I must uninvite them. My arrival date is Wednesday. What a bummer!"
These were automatic upgrades after the changeover, and there are three people in the thread saying they received similar emails.

What resort?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
One person has responded Edisto.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Another said Ocean Blvd at Myrtle Beach.

cumbres

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from Owner Care stating that my VIP Instant upgrade for Smokey Mountains was erroneously made!
What a great system they have created - NOT!
I have not seen anything from Wyndham management regarding this fiasco.
Anyone else been a victim of erroneous instant upgrades?

Wolf&Sprite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Avon
Do you mean the instant upgrade made while booking or the automatic upgrade that you request after the reservation is made? I've seen reports of the automatic upgrades getting recalled but not the instant upgrades.

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
Same here!

I was just coming to TUG to post this same thing. Here's a copy of the email. (This is for a reservation I had previously booked, and had requested for the larger unit after the website "enhancement."

Dear Owner,

Our records reflect you received notification on May 22, 2017 regarding a VIP Instant Upgrade for your upcoming reservation at Glacier Canyon.

This inventory was erroneously made available. We regret to inform you that this cannot be honored due to the error. However, you will receive the originally booked unit size upon check in to the resort.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your understanding.

Please contact us at 1-866-495-1993 should you have any questions. We are available Monday through Friday from 8am through 7pm EST, Saturday and Sunday from 9am to 5pm EST.

Sincerely,

CLUB WYNDHAM Plus Owner Care

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
The instant upgrades I made and received during the booking process are still there. It's been over a week now. . .

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well they are starting to add up now. That is at least 5 counting the facebook reports.

elenoir

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just received an email from Owner Care stating that my VIP Instant upgrade for Smokey Mountains was erroneously made!
What a great system they have created - NOT!
I have not seen anything from Wyndham management regarding this fiasco.
Anyone else been a victim of erroneous instant upgrades?

Yes, I received my email today that my upgrade at Emerald Grande was an error, but I still had my original reservation

richardm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had reports from two owners who both had upgrades taken back by Wyndham.... Should have known better than to think the automatic system might actually work!!

elenoir

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just FYI - but there is a report on the Wyndham FB group of a member that received an unit size upgrade using the new automated process, only to subsequently have the upgrade cancelled by Wyndham.

Reportedly the member received the upgrade automatically on May 22 (Mon), after requesting the upgrade using the new process. Printed the confirmation of the upgraded unit, and has the original confirmation. Subsequently received an email and reports:

"My upgrades on two reservations are no longer valid, and I must return to my original reservations. Computer error!"

I have always believed that one data point does not make a trend, but has anyone has this happen?

Yes, this happened to me today. Received an email that my upgrade at Emerald Grande was an error but I wpold still have my original reservation

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I started a thread about this on Saturday titled "And the reservation mess begins...", but the thread seems to have been deleted. I wasn't aware that I had violated any posting rules.

It seems that several of the resorts where these are being pulled back are also the resorts that currently show absolutely no availability. Perhaps there is a correlation.

Last edited:

cumbres

TUG Member
Reaction score
This was the automatic upgrade when I requested a larger unit. The reservation in the system still reflects the larger unit.
My email was the same as wed100105's. Do you try the phone number? I called and got the Edisto resort where I am now.

cumbres

TUG Member
Reaction score
I started a new thread New Reservation System Strikes, my erroneous upgrade was for Smokey Mountains.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Several days ago I got an upgrade at Wyndhams Water park resort in Sevierville, TN from a 1 bedroom deluxe to a 2 bedroom deluxe. So far they haven't backed out. Do anyone of you think I should print it out? Will they honor it if they call foul?

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Several days ago I got an upgrade at Wyndhams Water park resort in Sevierville, TN from a 1 bedroom deluxe to a 2 bedroom deluxe. So far they haven't backed out. Do anyone of you think I should print it out? Will they honor it if they call foul?

They won't/can't honor it if they do not have the room available.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't get onto the new system .. .but the new system sent me an email telling me come Saturday, I have 2 night booked in a 1bdr unit here on the great east coast.