• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Vidanta Resort fees - June 15, 2024

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think it's best to start a new thread as this seems to be affecting all exchange companies, not just Interval.

I only have access to RCI via HGV Corporate account, not a "regular" RCI account.
I searched for Nuevo Vallarta Vidanta Resorts. Currently the only thing showing up (without submitting an OGS) is the
Grand Mayan, Nuevo Vallarta. Resort ID 7491

Here's the new (IMO) Horrible fees (the 1-3 rule appears to have been removed):
Mandatory Resort Fee is 980.00 U.S. dollars for Hotel. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.
Mandatory Resort Fee is 1820.00 U.S. dollars for Hotel. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 1190.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.
Mandatory Resort Fee is 2240.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 1750.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.
Mandatory Resort Fee is 3290.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.Mandatory State Lodging tax is 5 % . Cash or Credit is accepted. 2024 mandatory State Lodging Tax.

Effective June 15th, 2024, mandatory new resort fees will apply to RCI subscribers and their guests for new reservations. Multiple and consecutive reservations are allowed. For multiple reservations, a guest certificate must be added starting from the confirmation of the second unit. Subscriber resort fees apply to multiple reservations when the account holders travel. Guests traveling without Subscriber 1 or 2 listed on the RCI account must pay the guest's Mandatory Resort Fee. Joint members should contact RCI for special instructions before making their reservation.

I don't currently have a deposit with Interval, and their getaways don't show any Vidanta for me currently so I cannot say if Interval has anything different.

SFX is still in progress it seems

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I now see something completely different for Resort #7491.

First unit, RCI Member traveling: 250/400/550 Hotel/1BR/2BR
Subsequent units *or* GC applied: 500/800/1100 Hotel/1BR/2BR

I no longer see the above, and now see the higher fees. Sorry to get everyone's hopes up!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 4.44.18 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-06-27 at 4.44.18 PM.png
    361 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
I think it's best to start a new thread as this seems to be affecting all exchange companies, not just Interval.

I only have access to RCI via HGV Corporate account, not a "regular" RCI account.
I searched for Nuevo Vallarta Vidanta Resorts. Currently the only thing showing up (without submitting an OGS) is the
Grand Mayan, Nuevo Vallarta. Resort ID 7491

Here's the new (IMO) Horrible fees (the 1-3 rule appears to have been removed):
Mandatory Resort Fee is 980.00 U.S. dollars for Hotel. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.
Mandatory Resort Fee is 1820.00 U.S. dollars for Hotel. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 1190.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.
Mandatory Resort Fee is 2240.00 U.S. dollars for 1 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.

Mandatory Resort Fee is 1750.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to subscribers one and two on the account in this unit type per reservation.
Mandatory Resort Fee is 3290.00 U.S. dollars for 2 Bedroom units. Only Credit Cards accepted. The fee applies to guests traveling in this unit type per reservation.Mandatory State Lodging tax is 5 % . Cash or Credit is accepted. 2024 mandatory State Lodging Tax.

Effective June 15th, 2024, mandatory new resort fees will apply to RCI subscribers and their guests for new reservations. Multiple and consecutive reservations are allowed. For multiple reservations, a guest certificate must be added starting from the confirmation of the second unit. Subscriber resort fees apply to multiple reservations when the account holders travel. Guests traveling without Subscriber 1 or 2 listed on the RCI account must pay the guest's Mandatory Resort Fee. Joint members should contact RCI for special instructions before making their reservation.

I don't currently have a deposit with Interval, and their getaways don't show any Vidanta for me currently so I cannot say if Interval has anything different.

SFX is still in progress it seems
Good morning @hurnik, @bnoble (and other readers) - I have an RCI weeks acct.
and just did my daily RCI / Puerto Vallarta area search update.[June 28-2024]

The new resort fee structure listed as : ["effective June 15 2024" ] for RCI 7491 Grand Mayan NV is exactly as @hurnik accessed via the HGV portal.
$ 980-1190-1750 : subscriber 1&2
$1820-2240-3290 : guests [when RCI member is not present]

The new resort fee structure for RCI 6631 Mayan Palace NV and RCI 6634 Mayan Palace Puerto Vallarta Marina is :
$ 770-1050-1260 : subscriber 1&2
$1820-2240-3290: guests [when RCI member is not present]

In addition it is stated in all 3 that : Vidanta owners cannot confirm Vidanta properties through RCI.
[ see Vidanta brands listed ]

All of the above is now listed on the RCI / Vidanta Riviera Maya resort codes
[ The RM only Bliss- RCI D586 shows the same fees as Mayan Palace ]

The following Vidanta NV brands have not yet re-appeared on RCI [as of June 28-2024]
Grand Luxxe NV RB71- GrandLuxxelV : F123 - GL Celebrate Loft F121 - Grand Bliss 6562- Mayan Sea Garden 6866

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I now see the new structure as well, in both Points and Weeks. I have no idea why I was seeing a different set in Weeks yesterday.

That's pushing the limit for what I would consider even during high season: ~$1600 in resort fee/RCI exchange fee/taxes, for a 1BR GM, and that's before any TPU you have to relinquish along the way.

I guess I'll be in the "wait them out" club. There are a lot of other places to visit.

Last edited:

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Foxrun Lake Lure
Well, that sucks. I was considering maybe going there via RCI Extra Vacations, but not at those prices lol. I wonder if the HGVC internal exchanges are cheaper still for the 3 properties?

rpennisi

Reaction score
For those of you who have a DRI account that is now HGV, you can deposit your week into DEX and still pay "only" $150 as a resort fee to use a variety of Vidanta weeks (including Grand
Luxxe).

Don't know how long this will last, but for those with deposits in DEX (they give you 10 years to use a deposit), try it.

I have let my II contract run out, with no plans to renew. That was how I went to Grand Luxxe in the past.

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have a DRI account that is now HGV, you can deposit your week into DEX and still pay "only" $150 as a resort fee to use a variety of Vidanta weeks (including Grand
Luxxe).

Don't know how long this will last, but for those with deposits in DEX (they give you 10 years to use a deposit), try it.

I have let my II contract run out, with no plans to renew. That was how I went to Grand Luxxe in the past.

I'm not sure if this will work currently. Hilton's booking Vidanta via "internal" exchange is through SFX. SFX has had all inventory pulled by Vidanta for almost 2 weeks now. They still can't book/see anything. My *guess* is that once it opens up, it'll be a little less than the (IMO) exorbitant fees Vidanta has imposed for RCI. It'll be interesting what happens with Interval and Third Home. And also if the fees vary by resort location (not just type like: MP, GM, GL, etc.)

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ugh. SFX informed me that the same resort fees we see on RCI apply to them as well. Terrible. I’m sure the fees for grand bliss and grand luxxe will be even more. Ridiculous. It’ll be cheaper to just rent from an owner on redweek

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Hi @hurnik and other readers,
RCI has added some Vidanta Nuevo resort codes. Most are for 5 day sequences.

RB 71 has also appeared - with 2 listings of 7 days showing - a hotel room in July & a 2 bedroom in November.
The resort fees showing for RB 71 are:
$ 1540 - 1890- 2660 - subscribers 1&2
$ 2879 - 3900- 4900 - guests

LOL

Last edited:

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
@T-Dot-Traveller what is a Subscriber 1&2 versus Guest?
If there’s two of you on the account. Like Mr smith is sub 1 and Mrs smith is sub 2
I agree with @hurnik
The fine print also says multiple & consecutive reservations are allowed - with a RCI guest certificate & the resort fee
will be the one that applies to subscriber 1&2 - as long as a subscriber is travelling.

Guests travelling without subscriber 1 or 2 must pay the guest Mandatory Resort Fee . < joint members
should contact RCI for special instructions before making a reservation>

Note: the language < joint members should contact RCI for special instructions before making a reservation> was on the previous
version of "Other Urgent Information".

I think joint members would apply to an RCI account where the primary account holders [ subscriber 1&2 / Mr. Smith & Mrs. Smith] have listed other
family members .

Last edited:

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the resort fee include food and drinks? Are these all-inclusive resorts?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whats the difference between the terms subscriber 1+2 and the term guest?

cohenru

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Vidanta Resorts is building a huge development in Nuevo Vallarta. It is a Disney-type amusement park. They need money to finance their project. Their sales must have taken a huge hit during COVID-19 and may not be going as well as expected. They likely need cash.