• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New RCI member questions

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes it's true - I finally joined RCI.

On Wed. I deposited my TS - I had to call - it wouldn't go through online. :shrug:

I haven't received any type of confirmation for the deposit - will I?

When I go to the RCI website and click on "Weeks you've already deposited" it shows correctly in my Acct.

Am I ready to put in an ongoing request?

I want to request a wide range of weeks for the Anaheim Disney resort - what's the next step?

THANKS!

aliikai2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Denise

Ok,
so if you log in and go to the Manage deposits tab, then look at Weeks you have already deposited if the week is there with a tpu number you are ready to start.

Should look something like this,

Vacation Internationale Royal Kuhio Dec-2009 - Dec-2012 30

If it has a little I instead of a number, you aren't ready, you will need to wait until they verify the deposit.

Then you click the Search tab next to your week, then enter the resort # DV10 and dates, and when it comes back that there is no current availability, then you enter a search, pay the exchange fee, and wait.

Greg

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks Greg - How do I put in multiple search dates on the ongoing request?

vckempson

TUG Member
Reaction score
When putting in a search, you can choose a specific regions and/or specific resorts. For a regional search, you can input another secondary region, through it's really a secondary search. You can put the same region as the first and just select a different date range.

For specific resorts, it works pretty much the same way. After listing the initial group of resort codes and date range, you can enter another search with the same or different resort codes and a different date range.

The prompts are clearly labeled and self explanatory once you go in to do it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I hope you have 43 points or more for DVC Anaheim 1 bedrooms. It's gotten ridiculously expensive. Summer is 48, I think. :eek:

You can put in multiple ranges of dates, up to ten weeks at a time, for a particular resort code.

It's very different from II. I like II much better.

Denise, I have you to thank for the advice to enter an ongoing request to improve the trading power in II of a "B" side at SBP. Today I was finally able to confirm a week at Sands of Kahana during whale season, 2/23, in a 2 bedroom. I couldn't confirm it, even though I tried over and over again, then I remembered your advice, and voila! success!

Thank you, Denise! :cheer:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I can search with the deposit so I guess it's ready to go?

Hmmm..... I have 39 TPU

I can add 11 more TPU by depositing my Branson week.

I'd have to pay $99 to combine them, right?

My Branson week isn't registered with RCI yet - is there a fee to add it to the Acct.?

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I know I am a Mod and everything, but I'm a new RCI (weeks) user and I am having a hard time with the website.

DUMB QUESTION:

-When I search for a location, and pull up a list of resorts, and then click on a resort, how do I see the available DATES? I click on "available units" but all I get is unit sizes - where do I go from there???

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, for the MOD issue, for where you are expert in things, should register as another user. Helpful to ask questions outside field of expertise and also test other users experiences that do not posses MOD powers.

Usually you get a table with available dates and unit sizes for what is available.

Since you are not getting that I'd suspect nothing is available. But that is new to me also.

Try something in Florida or Branson during easy times and see how it presents.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It tells me xxx number of weeks are available, but I don't see where to go from there.

Last edited:

cmh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Once you've done a search, have you tried to "Click to Change" your search, then select "Show All Available RCI Vacations". That will show all available weeks, including those that have a higher point value that the value of your deposit.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I figured it out - it's not compatible with Firefox. Using Firefox, it doesn't display the dates available. :rolleyes:

I told you it was a dumb question! :D

Last edited:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I figured it out - it's not compatible with Firefox. Using Firefox, it doesn't display the dates available. :rolleyes:

I told you it was a dumb question! :D

There are no dumb questions- just dumb websites. I never cease to be aggravated that I have to change browsers to use RCI. I use Chrome for it- and darn little else.

Jim

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
Thank you for these posts, this answers many questions I also had about RCI. I was looking at joining to also access DVC, but at 46-48 TPU I would have to use 2 weeks to get 1 week there..double maint fees etc.

davhu1

Reaction score
I figured it out - it's not compatible with Firefox. Using Firefox, it doesn't display the dates available.

Do you have the latest version of Firefox? I am using Firefox and have no problem seeing what is available, but I did have similar problems a few month back before 2 Firefox updates.

Also the fee to combine tpu went to $109

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Date range search

Sorry to hijack but I have searched for previous posts and this post was the only recent one I found referring to date search. Everything else on my RCI search work (I think) but I haven't been able to put in a date range search for quite awhile. It won't recognize any format I put in and there is no longer a pull down a calendar like it used to have?? Is that ALSO a browser issue (and I'm not even sure what that means LOL :eek: )

Thanks!
Jackie

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry to hijack but I have searched for previous posts and this post was the only recent one I found referring to date search. Everything else on my RCI search work (I think) but I haven't been able to put in a date range search for quite awhile. It won't recognize any format I put in and there is no longer a pull down a calendar like it used to have?? Is that ALSO a browser issue (and I'm not even sure what that means LOL :eek: )

Thanks!
Jackie

I was using Firefox and it wasn't compatible with RCI. Now I'm using Safari or Internet Explorer.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
well I guess that's not the problem for me since I also use Explorer. Thanks!
Jackie

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jackie, try the following.

Go to Internet Explorer and navigate to http://www.rci.com.
Once the page loads, go back to the address bar and look for the icon that looks like a piece of paper with an M in the middle (its actually a torn piece of paper) and click that.

Try and use the site that way.

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! you are brilliant!:whoopie: :wave: That did the trick!!!
Thank you very much!
Jackie