• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

Tens of thousands of subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Premier Pass for DVC Stays…

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
Finding out if they fall into the still built on chassis is key lol but who knows?
They don’t have a chassis, they don’t have wheels. But I don’t think that’s the reason CFW is in a trust. I think it’s in a trust so that Reflections can be in the same trust and in the same “vacation plan” and that owners of either one will have different booking privileges at the other than the rest of us DVC 1.0 owners will have. I hope to stay in the cabins someday, but I’m not buying.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They don’t have a chassis, they don’t have wheels. But I don’t think that’s the reason CFW is in a trust...
If you have a week to spend on the 'boards, you can read the ins and outs of why under FL law CFW doesn't qualify as 'real estate' and so a different mechanism had to be created to sell DVC there.

I tuned in when it appeared that DVC was creating a trust so that they could start selling DVC trust points that allowed 11 months 'Home' reservations at all/most DVCs (subject of course to the limited deeds held in the trust) and then tuned out once it became apparent that DVD created the trust because they had to...and then threw in the ability to create a multi-resort trust because there was no reason not to.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If you have a week to spend on the 'boards, you can read the ins and outs of why under FL law CFW doesn't qualify as 'real estate' and so a different mechanism had to be created to sell DVC there.
Maybe so, but it really doesn’t matter to me.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score

I tuned in when it appeared that DVC was creating a trust so that they could start selling DVC trust points that allowed 11 months 'Home' reservations at all/most DVCs (subject of course to the limited deeds held in the trust) and then tuned out once it became apparent that DVD created the trust because they had to...and then threw in the ability to create a multi-resort trust because there was no reason not to.

Maybe so, but it really doesn’t matter to me.

For me there are enough recent changes that right now adding on - is a no - to me, many unanswered questions & to many recent changes within the program. @TheHolleys87 i respect your opinion and I get that many people are looking forward to the CFW for multiple reasons including being dog friendly -enjoy it if you choose to stay there. Please let us know if you do I would love to hear your opinions on them. Like I said up thread we enjoyed our stays at the fort when my kids were littles and while we often cram 4 adults into DVC 1bedrooms I can't see it with the bunk beds as an option for us. Again if it works for you that's wonderful.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
...I would love a lively discussion of the pro/cons of adding on here on tug especially.
I love Ft Wilderness and have fond memories of many visits where my parents stayed in their RV and we and our kids stayed at VWL (back when it was called that) and later BLT. We would take the boat back and forth and have fun at Ft Wilderness, some nights see the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue, and every so often the kids would do sleepovers with their grandparents.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how we, our kids and their SOs, and/or (one day) grandkids would use that floorplan. The best I can come up with is two adults sleep on the sofa bed and up to four kids sleep in the bedroom (assuming two are willing to share). But the chances of that happening instead of staying in a 1BR at BLT where the adults get a real bed and their own bathroom and up to three kids can sleep in the living room are virtually nil.

Now if DVC announces Villas at the Yacht Club or some add-on to BCV or BWV with a 50 year expiration date my wallet is in serious danger. But there just isn't anything about CFW that calls to us.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Now if DVC announces Villas at the Yacht Club or some add-on to BCV or BWV with a 50 year expiration date my wallet is in serious danger. But there just isn't anything about CFW that calls to us.
Agreed and waiting at this point to see if “Reflections” comes back online (interesting permits are moving again) and if they will be “trust” vs deeded.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Our first family trip to WDW was in the early 90s, and we stayed in the cabins (the version before the one that was just replaced). We’re a family of 4, so we put the kids in the bedroom and took the living room (at the time, there was a Murphy bed as opposed to a sleeper sofa). Now it’s just two of us, so the DVC cabin would work fine. And if we came with DD and her family, we wouldn’t stay there - the sleeping surfaces would work, but I’m not ready to share a bathroom with them! I’m more attracted to the cabins because I think they’d be great for a more resort, less park focused trip.

TheHolleys87

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agreed and waiting at this point to see if “Reflections” comes back online (interesting permits are moving again) and if they will be “trust” vs deeded.

Not just permits, actual construction has begun. If you look on X for posts by bioreconstruct, you’ll find recent aerial photos. They’re also linked on DISboards.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not just permits, actual construction has begun. If you look on X for posts by bioreconstruct, you’ll find recent aerial photos. They’re also linked on DISboards.
Yes construction of something has begun but its project S- no official confirmation what it will be.

I follow biorecomstruct pretty closely but my focus in the moment is Epic