• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New points member here - help needed

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have LOTS Of questions.

Do you really get a bigger variety of resorts when you have points? What else is better with a points account as opposed to the traditional weeks.

We will have 88,500 points annually. Thanks!

Bill4728

Reaction score
What RCI says is that with RCI points you have access to all RCI TS resorts ( if you have enough points.) Also RCI will sometime not let you see resorts which they say are not up to the standard of your home resort.

But you only have access to those units which RCI puts in the exchange pool. If RCI descides to rent the week out for cash, you're out of luck.

Beat Nick

Reaction score
More Flexibility

RCI Points allows for more flexibility other than staying for 7 days/7 nights at the time share you own or into a time share into which you might exchange. Honestly I found going to their website and using the Answer Place provides a lot of insight on what you can and can't do with RCI Points. You certainly can do a conventional exchange to a non-RCI Points resort with your points too.

gorevs9

TUG Member
Reaction score
What RCI says is that with RCI points you have access to all RCI TS resorts ( if you have enough points.) Also RCI will sometime not let you see resorts which they say are not up to the standard of your home resort.

In theory, one would think that a Points member can access all resorts in the "exchange bucket", but now I wonder......

I wouldn't think that RCI limits Points members based on the standard of their home resort, but with RCI...who knows!:shrug:

For giggles, I did a search using a SA week and came up with X number of resorts. I did the same search from my Points sign-in (using the weeks reservation), and I came up with a different number of resorts. Some were in both lists; some were in one, but not the other.

There has been times that I could see a resort when I specifically list the Resort ID, but I did not see the resort if I did a "region" search.
So I tried to just search for a specific weeks resort (ID# 0571) which was available using the SA week. I got an error message stating the ID was invalid. :wall:

krmlaw

TUG Member
Reaction score
is it beneficial to have one points TS and have a week TS too?