• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New member, advice on Galleon Resort Key West, Fl,

Reaction score
I have been learning quite a bit on TUG, thank you for existing!!!
I have been attempting to learn how I can get a week yearly or bi-annually at the Galleon Resort in Key West. I've been racking my brain to try and find a way of buying something somewhere with high trading power that I can exchange for the Galleon at least once every 2 years around August or September.
been looking at resales at the Galleon and they seem to be quite expensive, $18,000 +
Any and all advice as to how I can go about this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks Again.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have been learning quite a bit on TUG, thank you for existing!!!
I have been attempting to learn how I can get a week yearly or bi-annually at the Galleon Resort in Key West. I've been racking my brain to try and find a way of buying something somewhere with high trading power that I can exchange for the Galleon at least once every 2 years around August or September.
been looking at resales at the Galleon and they seem to be quite expensive, $18,000 +
Any and all advice as to how I can go about this would be highly appreciated.
Thanks Again.
Any trade into old key west is a difficult trade. Most owners if they don’t use it rent it. You would need a high demand area, high demand time in a nice resort to get a trade and still there would be no guarantees you would get a trade. Only Owning would guarantee usage.

Have you considered other resorts ? The Banyan (I own there) is much more reasonably priced but is a smaller resort and not waterfront. It has a wonderful old key west feel. The units in my opinion are higher end then the Galleon.

The Hyatt Sunset is waterfront, beautiful area. Buy in will be less at the times you are considering but maintenance fees are more.

There is also Coconut Beach Resort, also waterfront but a little away from the action.

Reaction score
Panina, thank you so much for your insight. The reason why I'm interested in the Gallion is that I will be taking my boat with me for the week and they have their Marina. Coconut Mallory has a marina as well.
I am a 35 year visitor to Key West and know it well. We have friends in Key West we stay with regularly but would like to have a week with our boat of our own. So it seems as if I would have to buy a Galleon or Coconut Mallory resale to guarantee our stay.
Thanks Again, highly appreciated!!

jimkin

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Galleon also has a 1in4 rule meaning you have to wait four years between exchanges.

jimkin

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The Galleon also has a 1in4 rule meaning you have to wait four years between exchanges.