• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marriott Locations?

Sesame

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering about where Marriott might be building next? I asked telesales today and sales guy said nothing has been announced beyond OceanWatch and something going on in St. Thomas. With the brisk sales at OceanWatch, I would imagine Marriott would have another US beach destination in the works. Anybody have information? Rumors?
Thanks!

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
It's been fairly quiet on the new location front from my perspective. There was talk of Freeport, Bahamas, about a year ago, but don't know what's realistically happening there.........

2 new purpose-built towers have been in discussions for Maui, but I don't know that final legal rulings have been made.

-David

floyddl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have heard rumors of Freeport, Tuscany (Italy), Mexico, another Aruba, Merrils Inlet (Myrtrle Beach), but nothing announced yet. I would expect something before the end of the year.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There has been no official word from Marriott on new resorts to come. However, see this thread for the most recent anecdotal reports here of possible new resorts.

rfb813

TUG Member
Reaction score
Two years ago there was talk of new resorts in Europe including Tuscany and Switzerland (Ski and Summer availability). I have not heard any more

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
The Tuscany one keeps coming up and wouldn't that be a great location!! I also heard Capri, Italy to go along with their new Category 7 JW Marriott which is opening about now. Of course, none of this is official as Marriott rarely lets info out before its time.

Brian

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PRJMC

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
pwrshift said:
The Tuscany one keeps coming up and wouldn't that be a great location!! I also heard Capri, Italy to go along with their new Category 7 JW Marriott which is opening about now. Of course, none of this is official as Marriott rarely lets info out before its time.

Brian

http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/PRJMC

I picked this resort out months ago as "the place to go on points" . . . looks soooo relaxing . . . has anyone been to this location and resort?

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
There are only 61 rooms at the Capri JW - that means at best only 5% of the rooms are available for point stays, and 7 night stays are even harder to get when the numbers are so limited...unless you want a 'stay anytime' point reservation. I tried and tried to book online but was unsuccessful but they were much later opening than originally planned, and are closed for much of the 'off season' months...making it more difficult.

Brian

sandytoes

TUG Member
Reaction score
pwrshift said:
There are only 61 rooms at the Capri JW - that means at best only 5% of the rooms are available for point stays, and 7 night stays are even harder to get when the numbers are so limited...unless you want a 'stay anytime' point reservation. I tried and tried to book online but was unsuccessful but they were much later opening than originally planned, and are closed for much of the 'off season' months...making it more difficult.

Brian

Brian,
That's a real bummer . . . I did a search several months ago and there were rooms available for September of this year. I was not searching using the reward points, but was assuming that if there was a room, I could use the points . . . forgot this was not necessary the case. My search was before I found TUG. I was ready to buy direct from Marriott . . .points are so much fun and I was playing the "where in the world will I go game," and I came up with this location and hotel. :) but . . . I guess the extra money doesn't justify the cost to have the points:( . . . at least that's today's thought.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
.....UPDATE.....

New:

1. Maui Sequel
2. Grande Vista Sequel
3. Grand Bahamas
4. Cancun
5. Italy

They should all be in sales within two years.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have heard from a Marriott rep that Marriott is also considering either a timeshare or a residence club in Shanghai. That would be really cool if it's true :)

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sesame said:
Wondering about where Marriott might be building next? I asked telesales today and sales guy said nothing has been announced beyond OceanWatch and something going on in St. Thomas. With the brisk sales at OceanWatch, I would imagine Marriott would have another US beach destination in the works. Anybody have information? Rumors?
Thanks!

Where is OceanWatch?

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave M said:
.....UPDATE.....

New:

1. Maui Sequel
2. Grande Vista Sequel
3. Grand Bahamas
4. Cancun
5. Italy

Where is Grand Vista Sequel?

I wonder why Paradise Island (next to Nassau) is not considered, in the Bahamas?

seema

TUG Member
Reaction score
I took a tour of the Aruba Surf Club last week. I asked the sales representative the same question. He mentioned all the of the resorts that Dave M is mentioning, as possibilities.

He also indicated that until recently, Marriott was considering building a resort at Sharm-El-Sheikh, Egypt. Obviously, that proposal has been cancelled outright.

cwtkm3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Egypt

Whilst vacationing at Club son Antem, Marriott's wonderful Mallorcan vacation club, I was surprised to find brochures for their Egyptian Vacation Club. On speaking to a rep. he said that they shouldn't have been out on display. Marriott did have plans to open villas there (obviously already constructed so perhaps a purchase from an existing co.) but pulled out.

The other resort they pulled out of was in Denia (North Eastern Spain) where they do have a hotel and golf resort. It was something to do with Spanish Government regulations.

My rep says Tuscany's a definite but there's a delay with securing the land as most prime sites are unavailable. Also a European ski resort which would be fantastic. Again lack of prime land seems to be the problem.

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
I love playing the "where in the world will I go" game! If I can talk dh into purchasing a week in Tuscany, with our accumulating reward points I will exchange for 2 biz class seats to Italy, spend a week sightseeing the Amalfi Coast with Capri as a home base, then on to Tuscany for the 2nd week....

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dave M said:
.....UPDATE.....

New:

1. Maui Sequel
2. Grande Vista Sequel
3. Grand Bahamas
4. Cancun
5. Italy

Grand Vista SEQUEL??? They'll have to give it their own zip code.

bbyanks

Reaction score
The salesman at Grand Vista told me Marriott bought the golf course across the street from Grand Vista and Grand Vista II would be located there. I also heard from telesales that the Freeport, Bahamas deal had fallen through because Marriott couldn't get the approvals it wanted.

MikeM132

TUG Member
Reaction score
They must have bought some land near the golf course accross the street, as they already owned that course and just totally rebuilt it a couple years ago. There was some land next to it on International Drive, though. Grande Vista is going to be really gigantic!

oldkey

Reaction score
Keystone

There have been a number of articles in Summit County, Co about a Marriott Grand Residence Club.