• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Low for E-Bay Ads?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
I have not seen these resorts selling for anywhere near the prices quoted for the resorts quoted. For what it is worth the alleged dual home resort is probably just receipical ARP for one of them.

Here is a extract of the ad:

"... These were bought when the Old Town place was being built so these points come with dual home membership: historic Williamsburg, Va and Old Town Alexandria right next to Washington DC ...

Check ebay and craigs list: 154,000 points with only a single home membership are going for $7000-$11,000. I am selling these shares for $6750 no haggling. Offer is available anywhere in US. I will pay for transfer/closing.

I DO NOT WANT OTHER SOLITATIONS INVITATIONS OR OFFERS."

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wyndham-Poi...40715657867?pt=Timeshares&hash=item20c34e8a8b

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
You will note that this guy hasnt had any feedback at all on ebey..this is no doubt his first time selling there and probably his only timeshare

He either doesnt know the market, or really thinks he has something different...in either case just ignore him like the rest of us have

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha

I am selling these shares for $6750 no haggling. Offer is available anywhere in US. I will pay for transfer/closing.

I DO NOT WANT OTHER SOLITATIONS INVITATIONS OR OFFERS.

At that buy it now price - I don't think offers will be his issue.

What a doof.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
But Wait!

This offer is good anywhere in the US!! Think about it! Anywhere in the US!

I saw this listing and did just what Ron suggested.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
This isn't a ” new low”, but an owner out of touch with the reality of the resale market. I feel bad for this person, because it is their type to fall for ”up front fee scams”

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score
A new low would be finding a seller willing to pay this years and next years MF to get rid of their timeshares. This isn't even the most expensive one out there. There is a club access one for 189,000 points for the reasonable price of $30,000. Resales for more than developer cost!

Jason

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score
... There is a club access one for 189,000 points for the reasonable price of $30,000. Resales for more than developer cost!

Jason

Now, there's a business model ... buy from the developer and mark it up 50% then "flip it" ... wahoo!!

:cheer: :rofl: :cheer:

rrlongwell

Reaction score
with all your posts why haven't u joined TUG?

I have been through this numerous times. I am and have been a dues paying Tug Member. I have paid for these years on my recent renewal. However, the tug system will not show me as a member. My guess is that I do not carry the re-seller line.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I have been through this numerous times. I am and have been a dues paying Tug Member. I have paid for these years on my recent renewal. However, the tug system will not show me as a member. My guess is that I do not carry the re-seller line.

Are you saying that you've followed the instructions here, and you are still unable to update your membership status on the forums?

ampaholic

TUG Member
Reaction score

learnalot

TUG Member
Reaction score

Your guess is wrong. It's not a conspiracy. You are just not logging in properly.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

Leave it as is. You get at least 2 posts per week just be explaining it to people who think it is their business. Whoever dies with the most posts wins. Or, would that be whomever?

rrlongwell

Reaction score
Leave it as is. You get at least 2 posts per week just be explaining it to people who think it is their business. Whoever dies with the most posts wins. Or, would that be whomever?

Oh, I did not know there was not a 2nd or 3rd place, I can never compete with Denise.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally. Someone got down to the brass tacks and blamed Bush. I mean, is there anything the man wasn't responsible for? :hysterical:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally. Someone got down to the brass tacks and blamed Bush. I mean, is there anything the man wasn't responsible for? :hysterical:

World War II

jjmanthei05

TUG Member
Reaction score

Can't think of anything...even my MF increase last year for Wyndham!