• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New interval international "elite resort" designation

OutAndAbout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are details on the Resort Recognition Program

THE TIERS
By meeting our already-high affiliation standards and being accepted into our network, all of Interval's member resorts are recognized for their quality. Those recognized as Interval International Elite Resorts, Interval International Premier Resorts and Interval International Select Resorts exceed our affiliation requirements.​

Interval International Elite Resorts
EliteLotusIcon-sm.jpg

Interval International Elite Resorts are the very best of Interval’s network, providing an extraordinary vacation experience, exceptional service, and luxurious features and appointments. They are identified by the lotus, a symbol of purity and perfection​
Program brochure.

Interval International Premier Resorts
Interval%20International%20Premier%20Resorts.gif
Interval%20International%20Premier%20Boutique%20Resorts.jpg

Interval International Premier Resorts, debuting as the highest level of recognition, provide an outstanding vacation experience, with state-of-the-art conveniences, and modern features and appointments. They are identified by the laurel, a symbol of distinction, high standards and status.​
Within this level of recognition, Premier Boutique Resorts provide an outstanding vacation experience, with excellent accommodations in desirable locations, and limited on-site amenities.

Interval International Select Resorts
Interval%20International%20Select%20Resorts.gif
SelBTQPineappleIcon.jpg

Interval International Select Resorts provide a great vacation experience, and are distinguished by a comfortable and homelike atmosphere. As such, they are identified by the pineapple, a centuries-old symbol of hospitality, welcome, friendliness, and warmth.​
Within this level of recognition,​Select Boutique Resorts provide a great vacation experience, with comfortable, homelike accommodations in desirable locations, and limited on-site amenities.​

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are details on the Resort Recognition Program

THE TIERS
By meeting our already-high affiliation standards and being accepted into our network, all of Interval's member resorts are recognized for their quality. Those recognized as Interval International Elite Resorts, Interval International Premier Resorts and Interval International Select Resorts exceed our affiliation requirements.​

Interval International Elite Resorts
EliteLotusIcon-sm.jpg

Interval International Elite Resorts are the very best of Interval’s network, providing an extraordinary vacation experience, exceptional service, and luxurious features and appointments. They are identified by the lotus, a symbol of purity and perfection​
Program brochure.
...​
Huh, that's supposed to be a lotus? To me, it looks more like a tulip in bud. Or maybe some sort of ancient oil lamp.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Only a matter of time before II starts charging an upgrade fee for this.

If they started the unit size upgrade fee as a way to "protect" owners of larger units, it would make sense to do the same to "protect" owners of higher tier properties.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before II starts charging an upgrade fee for this.

If they started the unit size upgrade fee as a way to "protect" owners of larger units, it would make sense to do the same to "protect" owners of higher tier properties.

And after that, it will be the seasons (TDI):rofl:

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As explained in another thread, more points by resort classification is already happening to some mini systems members, like Shell.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
While this doesn't completely answer the question, here's some insight from Perspective magazine:

http://perspectivemagazine.com/1111...ds-resort-recognition-program-with-elite-tier

The Interval International Elite Resort status is awarded based on a combination of qualitative and quantitative scoring elements, including:

A Quality Rating System (QRS) resort inspection conducted by LRA by Deloitte, a leader in the field of customer experience measurement

Elite Qualifying Criteria (EQC) points, based on multiple combined factors from location to luxurious features and appointments at the resort

A high Consumer Satisfaction Index (CSI) score

Additional considerations, such as positive consumer reviews on external travel and leisure sites.

[Edit] OutAndAbout has a link to a brochure above...it has a lot more detail on what is typically in an Elite resort.

Only four resorts in Orlando carry this designation. Of which, three are Marriott's; Grande Vista, Cyperss Harbour and Lakeshore Reserve. The only non Marriott is Sheraton Vistana Villages. Would be interesting to know what criteria II actually used to determine these this new classification.

Last edited:

CoryW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View
Has anyone found that with the new Elite resort classification, it's more difficult to get the properties with a Premiere deposit in high season? I got Marriott Newport Coast several years ago before this newish classification and have not been able to get it since.

However, I have not yet tested the wait until last 60 days to try and land the Elite properties during high season (summer). Instead we've just used our deposit for lower season stuff like the Marriott Park City last summer and such.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I do not see any Diamond, Bluegreen, Westgate or Shell Resorts in this new classification.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I do not see any Diamond, Bluegreen, Westgate or Shell Resorts in this new classification.
This isn't a new classification, the thread is old.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Has anyone found that with the new Elite resort classification, it's more difficult to get the properties with a Premiere deposit in high season? I got Marriott Newport Coast several years ago before this newish classification and have not been able to get it since.

However, I have not yet tested the wait until last 60 days to try and land the Elite properties during high season (summer). Instead we've just used our deposit for lower season stuff like the Marriott Park City last summer and such.
I think it is just changing supply and demand. I was able to trade in to Newport Coast for next Memorial Day week, twice. Still not prime season.

CoryW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View
I think it is just changing supply and demand. I was able to trade in to Newport Coast for next Memorial Day week, twice. Still not prime season.
Interesting. Thanks for the information! I guess the true test is summertime for me since I have kids in school. Wonder if there's any chance of getting any of the Maui Kaanapali properties within 60 days during a summer?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk